• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Is it a males place?

This feminist claptrap about it affects her body, not his is typcial feminist BS. I would like to take each one of those man haters and the upsucking politicians controlled by vagina envy and force them into indentured servitude against their will for 18 years and see if they still think that doesn't affect their bodies....

I say men and women are equal in the argument - until one of them has first-hand experience in the matter (ie, an unwanted pregnancy). Men suffer too, when their wives or girlfriends fall pregnant when they don't want to be. If you've had to go through the anguish of such a situation, then you logically have more experience than those who've mercifully been spared of such pain.

blogger31 said:
I know Busta has posted some experiences of hitting a wall, but where I live after our third child I was able to get one without my wife ever signing anything. I went to see the doc without her for the consultation and all she did was drop me off for the appt and pick me up. She never had to sign anything. The only time the subject of my wife came up is when the doc asked if we had talked it over, but he never said I needed her permission, or that she needed to sign a waiver.

I had my tubes tied the day after our second daughter was born. My husband was given the same waver I was given to sign. The waiver.. and I quote, stated that we understood the procedure that was about to take place, it's risks, and the reproductive consequences afterward. It also stated that we agreed and understood that we could NOT go back on the procedure once it was done, and that by signing this waiver we abdicated our right to seek damages in the courts because of said decision.

I have no problem asking my spouse/significant other to be part of reproductive decisions. The problem lies in that for so long men have been told it's a "woman's" right, that they've decided beforhand (for the most part) that they'll just wash their hands.

DebateJunkie, you think like a rational, considerate woman to your man, the problem is, the law doesn't care about males, you do.

I can't imagine being in a relationship and out of the blue without talking about if getting a vasecotomy.

debate_junkie said:
I had my tubes tied the day after our second daughter was born. My husband was given the same waver I was given to sign. The waiver.. and I quote, stated that we understood the procedure that was about to take place, it's risks, and the reproductive consequences afterward. It also stated that we agreed and understood that we could NOT go back on the procedure once it was done, and that by signing this waiver we abdicated our right to seek damages in the courts because of said decision.

I have no problem asking my spouse/significant other to be part of reproductive decisions. The problem lies in that for so long men have been told it's a "woman's" right, that they've decided beforhand (for the most part) that they'll just wash their hands.

Interesting! I know there were several forms I filled out and signed. The only one that dealt with what we are discussing is a form that said I had been counseled before hand on the risks and consequences and that I understood. My wife never had to sign anything. Matter of fact she didn't even go to the consultation, and she only dropped me off and picked me up from the actual surgery. I think this has to be a state ran thing, or else it is just up to the doctor as to how far they want to go for protection from lawsuit.

Yeah, it's probably more to do with lawsuits than anything else. There are gits out there who'll sue if their doctor so much as sneezes during surgery.

Back
Top Bottom