• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is it a bad thing that Tucker feels he cant take his family to dinner?

Is it a bad thing that Tucker feels he cant take his family to dinner?

• Total voters

Hawkeye10

Buttermilk Man
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Tucker Carlson...they have had as part of their family tradition going out to eat, even on major holidays. He does not feel like they can do it anymore because too often they get attacked (called confronted by those who like to minimize the problem).

He has four kids and a wife he has had since 1991, met her when they were both 15.

Is America wrong for making him feel this way.

Y/N, and yes I am judging you.

Last edited:
Tucker Carlson...they have had as part of their family tradition going out to eat, even on major holidays. He does not feel like they can do it anymore because too often they get attacked (called confronted by those who like to minimize the problem).

He has four kids and a wife he has had since 1991, met her when they were both 15.

Tucker Carlson is a public figure. He makes a lot of money to address a nation-wide audience on matters of great importance. He puts himself out there, and in doing so he invites criticism and scrutiny.

Not only am I fine with public figures like politicians and reporters being confronted at public places, I think that these people should be confronted. If they are doing something to attract the ire of the public, and the consequence of having to deal with that makes them feel uncomfortable, then they should be uncomfortable. Where I draw the line is when such confrontations become physical; don't put your hands on people, or their property. I'm fine with Ted Cruz getting chanted out of a resteraunt, but the people who threw out Mitch McConnell's food were crossing an obvious line.

Tucker Carlson is a public figure. He makes a lot of money to address a nation-wide audience on matters of great importance. He puts himself out there, and in doing so he invites criticism and scrutiny.

Not only am I fine with public figures like politicians and reporters being confronted at public places, I think that these people should be confronted. If they are doing something to attract the ire of the public, and the consequence of having to deal with that makes them feel uncomfortable, then they should be uncomfortable. Where I draw the line is when such confrontations become physical; don't put your hands on people, or their property. I'm fine with Ted Cruz getting chanted out of a resteraunt, but the people who threw out Mitch McConnell's food were crossing an obvious line.

So if we do this to you you are going to be fine with it right?

With all the hate he spews day in and day out into the public sphere, he can't handle the public sphere spewing a little hate right back? He's made a career out of insulting people and spreading hate. If he doesn't want feedback he should stop.

Clearly nobody should be attacking his house but getting a taste of your own verbal medicine in public is just justice. Pure karma.

Poor diddums. If he didn't spew so much hate and violence he might not get heckled in restaurants. He is lucky he doesn't go to a restaurant where white supremacist trump supporters shoot up.

Poor diddums. If he didn't spew so much hate and violence he might not get heckled in restaurants. He is lucky he doesn't go to a restaurant where white supremacist trump supporters shoot up.

There we go...let us separate the wheat from the chaff!

Let's find out who The Better People are!

1. Your thread dies on its premise. I don't agree that Carlson is afraid to take his family to dinner.

2. How sad that the Carlson family spends Thanksgiving at Olive Garden!

So if we do this to you you are going to be fine with it right?

If I ran for public office? Hell yes, bring it.

As it stands, however, I am not a public figure. I don't get paid loads of cash to go on national television and 'inform' the American people. Refer to the first part of my post; I'm starting to think that people tend to just skim.

I'm not in favor of harassing random assholes because of their opinion. I tend to not even critisize folks for their voting decisions unless they have the balls to shoot first. If you're holding a public office, or you're a reporter, then that's different. When you take a job like that, you take on the mantle of everything that comes with placing yourself into the public spotlight. You don't get to have a great influence on the lives of milions of people and then go home and live a perfectly ordinary life.

That is the burden of people like Tucker Calson, Donald Trump, Bernie Sanders, Bill Maher, and even YouTube assholes like Kyle Kulinski and Steven Crowder.

Last edited:
...and so the tangled vine of partisan hate grows a few more inches and wraps itself around each of our throats.

Red:

giphy.gif

I don't care what you think about me. I don't think about you at all.
-- Coco Chanel​

And Tucker has spent many years of his life cultivating that partisan hate garden.

No we weren't.

...and you and those who say it is OK to harass people in public are fertilizing it and cultivating it right beside him.
Yet you don't see how it is slowly wrapping itself around all our throats.
Your fertilizer and his all go to the same roots.
The roots of partisan hate.

Only a imbecile would think it's OK to act like this.

Whats next? Going after the weatherman because your golf got rained out?

As it stands, however, I am not a public figure. I don't get paid loads of cash to go on national television and 'inform' the American people. Refer to the first part of my post; I'm starting to think that people tend to just skim.

I'm not a public figure either, but I like to enjoy my meals with my family without a bunch of progressive ****heads chanting or otherwise causing a ruckus. At the least, they should be arrested for disturbing the peace. At the worst, I should probably keep my mouth shut.

Had someone managed to kick their front door in. I doubt mob rule would've stopped at that point. His wife would've possibly been seriously injured in an assault and I bet you that CNN would still do their best to excuse the actions of the protestors to boot.

And how long do you think it will be when that is the very least of their actions, in the escalation of these protest?

With all the hate he spews day in and day out into the public sphere, he can't handle the public sphere spewing a little hate right back? He's made a career out of insulting people and spreading hate. If he doesn't want feedback he should stop.

Clearly nobody should be attacking his house but getting a taste of your own verbal medicine in public is just justice. Pure karma.

Citation of spewing hate please, or are you just going to link me an opinion peace that claims it to be hate?

Or ball parks that murderous democrats shoot up.

There we go...let us separate the wheat from the chaff!

Let's find out who The Better People are!

Democrats are quickly sliding back into their historical past of racism and bigotry... so I'm guessing my switch to the right when I got fed up with their usual crap, is just proper timing.

If I ran for public office? Hell yes, bring it.

I'm not in favor of harassing random assholes because of their opinion. I tend to not even critisize folks for their voting decisions unless they have the balls to shoot first. If you're holding a public office, or you're a reporter, then that's different. When you take a job like that, you take on the mantle of everything that comes with placing yourself into the public spotlight. You don't get to have a great influence on the lives of milions of people and then go home and live a perfectly ordinary life.

That is the burden of people like Tucker Calson, Donald Trump, Bernie Sanders, Bill Maher, and even YouTube assholes like Kyle Kulinski and Steven Crowder.

I don't think you get the point. In this day and age, you don't have to be anyone of that station.

All someone has to do is see that your opinion doesn't match their's and suddenly it's all fair game to them. We've had people fired over their political stances and even seen people get pulled out of their cars and beaten in the street over who they voted (or were believed to have voted for) in an election.

This has the makings of going too far, any day now.

Yes just like your boy Trump says the media is the enemy and they must be attacked

If you choose to make a living saying controversial things on national television, you don't have the right to complain when people confront you about them in public.

Back
Top Bottom