• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is it a bad thing that Tucker feels he cant take his family to dinner?

Is it a bad thing that Tucker feels he cant take his family to dinner?

• Total voters
YES.

It is outrageous.

It is sad.

It is an indication of how unliberal many of today's "liberals" are.

Soon after Richard Nixon had lost to John F. Kennedy, Mr. and Mrs. Nixon entered a restaurant to dine. Everyone in the establishment stood up and applauded. Presumably, many of those diners were liberal Democrats who had voted for president-elect Kennedy. They conducted themselves in a decent and mature manner by showing respect to the Nixons.

Some of today's liberals should be ashamed of themselves by sullying the word "liberal."

Last edited:
Tucker Carlson...they have had as part of their family tradition going out to eat, even on major holidays. He does not feel like they can do it anymore because too often they get attacked (called confronted by those who like to minimize the problem).

He has four kids and a wife he has had since 1991, met her when they were both 15.

Is America wrong for making him feel this way.

Y/N, and yes I am judging you.
Good. Spew hate, expect to be hated.

And how long do you think it will be when that is the very least of their actions, in the escalation of these protest?

Your side already crossed that line

With all the hate he spews day in and day out into the public sphere, he can't handle the public sphere spewing a little hate right back? He's made a career out of insulting people and spreading hate. If he doesn't want feedback he should stop.

Clearly nobody should be attacking his house but getting a taste of your own verbal medicine in public is just justice. Pure karma.

What hate has he spewed? How does it feel when mere words hurt you? I think people should mind their own business and live their pathetic, little lives.

Your side already crossed that line

The same goes for the democrats, you know that right?

Then again, it's easy enough to blame a few fringe elements, but can you place blame where it is due?
When we have organizations like CNN, making excuses for terrorist like Antifa?

I don't think you get the point. In this day and age, you don't have to be anyone of that station.

All someone has to do is see that your opinion doesn't match their's and suddenly it's all fair game to them. We've had people fired over their political stances and even seen people get pulled out of their cars and beaten in the street over who they voted (or were believed to have voted for) in an election.

This has the makings of going too far, any day now.

That has nothing to do with my stance, nor the actual question being asked. I've answered the OP's question, nothing more, nothing less. You're introducing something new. To that, I will repeat what I've actually already stated: I do not endorse the unsolicitated condemnation of the opinion of regular folks. Nobody (sans public figures) in America, a country that pride's itself on it's democratic process, should be made to feel discouraged from voting; I have personally encouraged Trump supporters to keep taking the time to vote, despite being on the opposing side.

The average Trump supporter does not deserve to be heckled, and I absolutely condemn misguided assholes who aim their ire at regular supporters, rather than public figures. I have the tiniest violin for public figures.

Yes just like your boy Trump says the media is the enemy and they must be attacked

My boy? That's Tucker's boy. Do you have me mistaken for one of those red cap wearing assholes?

When you read my posts you think "Man, what a Trump supporter!"?

What hate has he spewed? How does it feel when mere words hurt you? I think people should mind their own business and live their pathetic, little lives.

If words don't hurt he shouldn't mind the words other free human beings send in his direction.

Citation of spewing hate please, or are you just going to link me an opinion peace that claims it to be hate?

What hate? Can you give a concrete example?

If you have no idea what I'm talking about you've never watched one minute of his show.. He isn't a journalist, he's a provocateur like Alex Jones that is constantly spreading hate and fear about liberals, immigrants, the poor and anyone else the right would like to see attacked. If he likes using words to attack others he should be OK getting the same treatment by other free Americans.

My boy? That's Tucker's boy. Do you have me mistaken for one of those red cap wearing assholes?

When you read my posts you think "Man, what a Trump supporter!"?

If words don't hurt he shouldn't mind the words other free human beings send in his direction.

And they shouldn't mind his, but they do. They twist them, lie about them, but the one thing they never do to his words are LISTEN to them.

And how long do you think it will be when that is the very least of their actions, in the escalation of these protest?

I'm not sure what answer your expecting, but too short, in my opinion. It takes exceptional leadership to ensure that peaceful protests go well, and not enough people are even-tempered and wise enough to ensure that. This is why MLK jr became a goddamned legend. I expect angry mobs to do angry mob things. I'm very much a proponent of protests, civil disobediance, and people coming out in numbers to take a stand, especiallially against the establishment, but I'm not naive enough to think that this will usually go well without a great deal of discipline.

Those people that confronted Mitch McConnel, while they might have felt convicted that they were doing the right thing, were lacking in such dicipline and leadership. People like that are a thorn in my side, and I wish they would stand back and let the adults handle things.

I'm not a public figure either, but I like to enjoy my meals with my family without a bunch of progressive ****heads chanting or otherwise causing a ruckus. At the least, they should be arrested for disturbing the peace. At the worst, I should probably keep my mouth shut.

You're not a public figure, so you should very much be able to enjoy your meal in peace. If you ever run for public office, then I hope that you realize what you're signing yourself and your family up for.

As for people getting arrested for disturbing the peace, I tottally agree. In fact, part of my beleif in civil disobedience is that you should fully expect to be arrested. Hell, I would even go as far as to say that if you don't get arrested, then whatever stand you are making is weak. How humilating it is that I claim to give two ****s about social issues, but have never been dragged away in handcuffs!

Only a imbecile would think it's OK to act like this.

Whats next? Going after the weatherman because your golf got rained out?

A very weak anology. The weatherman only reports on what the data says. A 'talking head' offers a persuasive interpretation. The weatherman is not pressured by his bosses or by ad revenue to push a certain narrative. Are you going to sit back and tell me that the weatherman has a greater or equal role in misinformation than the political pundits at MSNBC?

Also, what in the nine hells is even the appeal of freaking golf? I'm not one for sports, but if I were to decide which I consider to be the most boring one, that one be it. If I was to choose a sport that requires low physical activity, I'd go with pool/billiards.

Wait. Tucker rails against illegal immigrants and still goes out to eat? He is an idiot. Who does he think is working in the kitchen?

I am amazed that police go out to eat in uniform as well. Apparently they have never worked in a restaurant.

Only a imbecile would think it's OK to act like this.

Whats next? Going after the weatherman because your golf got rained out?
The bold is almost exactly what the Right does. They attack journalists who report facts. The Left only ruins the dinner of liars and propagandists.

**** Tucker. He's getting a taste of his own medicine.

That has nothing to do with my stance, nor the actual question being asked. I've answered the OP's question, nothing more, nothing less. You're introducing something new. To that, I will repeat what I've actually already stated: I do not endorse the unsolicitated condemnation of the opinion of regular folks. Nobody (sans public figures) in America, a country that pride's itself on it's democratic process, should be made to feel discouraged from voting; I have personally encouraged Trump supporters to keep taking the time to vote, despite being on the opposing side.

The average Trump supporter does not deserve to be heckled, and I absolutely condemn misguided assholes who aim their ire at regular supporters, rather than public figures. I have the tiniest violin for public figures.

That's better than most self proclaimed progressives these days and on this site especially. I can bet that more than a few were actually hoping for blood to be spilt that night.

What hate? Can you give a concrete example?

If you have no idea what I'm talking about you've never watched one minute of his show.. He isn't a journalist, he's a provocateur like Alex Jones that is constantly spreading hate and fear about liberals, immigrants, the poor and anyone else the right would like to see attacked. If he likes using words to attack others he should be OK getting the same treatment by other free Americans.

Well... Alpaca just runs away once again... how am I not surprised?

Let it just be known RabidAlpaca. We both gave you your chance to actually prove something just now and you basically just crapped that chance away like you usually do.

I'm not sure what answer your expecting, but too short, in my opinion. It takes exceptional leadership to ensure that peaceful protests go well, and not enough people are even-tempered and wise enough to ensure that. This is why MLK jr became a goddamned legend. I expect angry mobs to do angry mob things. I'm very much a proponent of protests, civil disobediance, and people coming out in numbers to take a stand, especiallially against the establishment, but I'm not naive enough to think that this will usually go well without a great deal of discipline.

Those people that confronted Mitch McConnel, while they might have felt convicted that they were doing the right thing, were lacking in such dicipline and leadership. People like that are a thorn in my side, and I wish they would stand back and let the adults handle things.

As a former democrat, I feel the same. Having seen the party fall so far, only to finally jump ship in 2016 was eye opening. Though I do here the same sentiment from over here. Because many people I know who have been republicans longer than myself, repeat the same when some jackass screams racist rants at passing immigrants, or decides to assault them instead.

But fringe elements will always be as such and it's far more unfortunate that they are usually the ones to end up front and center on the national news.

That's better than most self proclaimed progressives these days and on this site especially. I can bet that more than a few were actually hoping for blood to be spilt that night.

Which progressives? Do tell.

I certainly don't wany any blodd drawn. I don't want blood drawn on princible, but also, because anyone causing any sort of violence is simply a detriment to their own cause. If there are progressives here that wish for blood, then I wish to have a long talk with them.

Strong evidence exists that Tucker Carlson has embellished both the protest incident at his home and a confrontation while dining at a Country Club.

I smell a whole lot of mock outrage and misguided disgust based on Alternative Facts. Welcome to the Chump Train!

Tucker Carlson’s dramatic story of protesters at his home is full of holes

https://www.dailydot.com/layer8/tucker-carlson-protest-twitter/

Video shows Tucker Carlson cursing during a bar scuffle. He says he was defending his daughter.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-m...efending-his-daughter/?utm_term=.77aecfabe433

Tucker Carlson...they have had as part of their family tradition going out to eat, even on major holidays. He does not feel like they can do it anymore because too often they get attacked (called confronted by those who like to minimize the problem).

He has four kids and a wife he has had since 1991, met her when they were both 15.

It's wrong for any public figure to feel that he or she is unsafe eating out or taking in a movie (or pumping gas or shopping). I'm not going to blame America; I blame the individual asshats who have given themselves permission to act badly and to smugly rationalize that--somehow--their ends justify their means.

Is AMERICA wrong? WTF? How about dialing that scope down a bit to the people actually doing this?

With all the hate he spews day in and day out into the public sphere, he can't handle the public sphere spewing a little hate right back? He's made a career out of insulting people and spreading hate. If he doesn't want feedback he should stop.

Clearly nobody should be attacking his house but getting a taste of your own verbal medicine in public is just justice. Pure karma.

Horse ****! Where does he promote cornering liberals anywhere and having them physically threatened? Name one!

No it's not a bad thing that he feels that way. What happened to the much vaunted "right to privacy" the Left so loves?

I don't agree with harassing people while they are eating dinner with their families but it also seems like Carlson is kind of playing the victim here and being overly dramatic. He feels like they can't go out at all? He's making good money he can afford to go to a nice place where they wouldn't tolerate any foul behavior.

It's wrong for any public figure to feel that he or she is unsafe eating out or taking in a movie (or pumping gas or shopping). I'm not going to blame America; I blame the individual asshats who have given themselves permission to act badly and to smugly rationalize that--somehow--their ends justify their means.

Have you read my first post, which is second from the OP? I have a different take regarding whether or not where' talking about an average joe, or a public figure, and my view drastically varies depending on whether we're talking about a verbal or physical confrontation.

The person should definetely not be made to feel unsafe, I'll give you that, but I don't think that public figures have the right to feel unchallenged, wherever they go. If I were to run for pulic office, for instance (which I've given some tought, but have ultimately decided that I would make a horrible candidate.) I would expect conservatives who recognize me to voice their discontentment at Lambert's, my favorite eating place at Sikeston, Mo.

Back
Top Bottom