• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is Israel Destroying Itself With Its Settlement Policy

Years ago I was against settlements. As we enter the 21st century of democracy and rights and Hamas remains in the 15th century, it becomes more and more difficult to believe a revolution in Palestine will bring them into even the 20th century. Is that really gonna happen? Is a democratic institution with rights and representation for all really about to occur in Palestine? It looks hopeless and so the development of land and improvement of living standards must go on with or without Hamas. We can't hold up world development waiting for Hamas to join us in the 21st century when they're nearly a millennia behind.

They don't become less illegal with time. And, as for the " 21st century of democracy and rights " line, the settlements an settlers ensure the ongoing mass violations of the rights of millions of people living in occupied Palestine. So your support for the illegal settlements is actually enabling the mass violations of rights you appear to want to make people believe you support. That's something of a contradiciton, no ?

The Palestinians are one of the few peoples that have even held authentic democratic elections in the Arab world, maybe the only ones, and the self proclaimed champions of democracy, such as you own nation, not only rejected the result they actively set out to initiate a coup against those that were democratically elected by the people. That's something of a contradiction too.

Hamas isn't the stumbling block for a just resolution of the conflict, it is in fact your own nations veto at the UNSC that scuppers the world consensus to use international law to resolve the issue.

You want to see respect for democracy and the democratic process along with the ending of the mass violations of millions of people look at home for the solution and stop using others as a scapegoat in your posts here

It's a sad fact that without the US veto at the UNSC the overwhelming world consensus to apply international law ( surely the correct arbiter ) to resolve the conflict would have probably served to create the much needed Palestinian state long ago and in a much better way. My fear is that the two state solution is all but a dead letter already because of that blocking by the US and the criticisms of the plan make extremely valid points.
The USA, by siding with Israel, have made it clear we must proceed without them in whatever forums are left open to us.

The USA, by siding with Israel, have made it clear we must proceed without them in whatever forums are left open to us.

I agree. You only have to look at how many ill informed posts come from posters on the other side of the Atlantic to know how well Israeli propaganda is working there. Europe is a tad better and tarred as antisemitic as a result.

The thing is that I believe if this conflict is not resolved in a just way, the very existence of Israel as a Jewish , democratic state will collapse. I don't think the self proclaimed " supporters of Israel " , here and outside the forum, realize this .

There are no " legitimate spoils of war " and especially for countries that have signed international treaties pledging to desist from such. The words in your post sound like something written in the late 1700's early1800's.

Your words hold a contempt for laws and positions you will no doubt later on use to justify legitimate actions allowed in such conventions. Cherrypicking for a confirmation bias is the worst thing to see in peoples posts imo
Confirmation bias and right wing sources is all that one has.

Apartheid came to an end because of international pressure. Without that South African whites could have maintained it. The official story is that after apartheid came to an end the people of South Africa lived happily ever after under the benevolent rule of Nelson Mandela. Every now and then the truth leaks out, like blood seeping under the door of a torture chamber.

The average Arab IQ is about 89. The average for an Ashkenazi Jew is 115. The Israelis, with U.S. help, will always be able to out fight the Arabs because they will always be able to out think them.
Where do you get this shit from? Apartheid made them second class citizens in their own country. You and the truth has never mixed.

Apartheid came to an end because of international pressure. Without that South African whites could have maintained it. The official story is that after apartheid came to an end the people of South Africa lived happily ever after under the benevolent rule of Nelson Mandela. Every now and then the truth leaks out, like blood seeping under the door of a torture chamber.

The average Arab IQ is about 89. The average for an Ashkenazi Jew is 115. The Israelis, with U.S. help, will always be able to out fight the Arabs because they will always be able to out think them.
Reagan did shit all about apartheid. In fact he was very much against doing anything about the cruelty of the regime.

The occupied territories are the legitimate spoils of a just war. Jewish settlement in those territories is consistent with the Law of Moses. Where was so called "international law" when the Arabs tried to destroy Israel?

Germany lost land after World War I. Germany lost more land after World War II. Losing land is just punishment for a war of aggression.
Lol sky fairies as real estate agent. Of course the proponent of hack nazi adjacent “experts” would say just this. Lemme know when your cum measurements yield anything

I agree. You only have to look at how many ill informed posts come from posters on the other side of the Atlantic to know how well Israeli propaganda is working there. Europe is a tad better and tarred as antisemitic as a result.

The thing is that I believe if this conflict is not resolved in a just way, the very existence of Israel as a Jewish , democratic state will collapse. I don't think the self proclaimed " supporters of Israel " , here and outside the forum, realize this .
I'm sure you are correct. Americans are not well-informed about their own domestic politics still less can we expect them to have a clear idea of the nature of the Israeli occupation of the West Bank, including East Jerusalem as well as the blockade of Gaza. For an American politician to criticize the Israeli occupation is more than his or her seat is worth.

Didn't the Germans do head measurements and some other stuff to compare intelligence among ethnicities? What you said about Arab vs Jewish IQ old Adolf could have said about Germans vs Slavs. And of course the Arabs, who produced fabulous architecture and irrigation methods we copied a bit here in California, are obviously inferior. And didn't they come up with algebra? Eau de fascisme in your last paragraph.

And ending apartheid didn't guarantee a liberal democracy would follow, any more than US independence ending British colonial rule guaranteed that we would abandon theft of land/genocide against Native Americans. Some of one race rushed to disposess another of their land and rights. And give South Africa the same 70 years it took us to abandon slavery after 1783, and even a few generations more to get over lynching.
The germans just forgot to have subjects jack off and measure their cumshots naturally!

I'm sure you are correct. Americans are not well-informed about their own domestic politics still less can we expect them to have a clear idea of the nature of the Israeli occupation of the West Bank, including East Jerusalem as well as the blockade of Gaza. For an American politician to criticize the Israeli occupation is more than his or her seat is worth.

The thing is that the conversation in Israel is much more robust than it is in the states. Some of the junk that is presented here and given serious attention would be laughed off in no time there.

The thing is that the conversation in Israel is much more robust than it is in the states. Some of the junk that is presented here and given serious attention would be laughed off in no time there.
I do not respond to junk, oneworld2, because it does not do an earthly bit of good.

I do not respond to junk, oneworld2, because it does not do an earthly bit of good.

Fair enough. My view is that exposing it as such can't do any harm either.

Is Israel Destroying Itself With Its Settlement Policy?

No.

Back
Top Bottom