• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Is Iraq in Civil War?

Is Iraq in Civil War?

• Yes.

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, but it will be soon.

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • No, but it is in some danger.

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • No, and there wont be one.

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

The Pi Pirate

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Dick Cheney says that the terrorists have reached a point of desperation. Of course, he also said awhile ago that the insurgency was in its dying stage (or some such thing). Is he doing damage control, or speaking truthfully?

Allawi says we're in civil war in Iraq already, but do we believe him?

Cheney:
“The facts are pretty straightforward. The Iraqis met every single political deadline that's been set for them,” Cheney said. “They haven't missed a single one.”

Allawi:
"It is unfortunate that we are in civil war. We are losing each day as an average 50 to 60 people throughout the country, if not more," Allawi told the BBC. "If this is not civil war, then God knows what civil war is."

So, is it civil war in Iraq?

EDIT: Forgot to link the article:
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/03/19/world/main1419417.shtml

No, I dont think, there will be one. The insurgency groups seem to be ready to make agreements with each other and Iraqi security forces seem to be not so interested to fight them. There is a good chance, that there will be peace as soon as they can manage to get rid of terrorists and coalition soldiers coming from abroad.

Volker said:
No, I dont think, there will be one. The insurgency groups seem to be ready to make agreements with each other and Iraqi security forces seem to be not so interested to fight them. There is a good chance, that there will be peace as soon as they can manage to get rid of terrorists and coalition soldiers coming from abroad.

I easily see what you are trying to say, Volker.
Now, how about you being honest and declaring that you are an "anti-American". That your best interests and ours are to different things.....

earthworm said:
I easily see what you are trying to say, Volker.
Now, how about you being honest and declaring that you are an "anti-American".
How is this "anti-American"?

earthworm said:
That your best interests and ours are to different things.....
This depends on what your best interests are.

You need an answer that says: "Yes. And has been since the US deposed the Sunnis from power in 2003."

Back
Top Bottom