• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Is Iraq in a state of Civil War?

Is Iraq in a state of Civil War?

• Yes...there is no doubt

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • No...its just random violence

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Maybe....its too soon to tell

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Its more complicated than that (please explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

tecoyah

Illusionary
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
with the current violence, and escalation of tensions between the factions in Iraq....do you believe they are actually at war with each other?

Is there civil war at the present time? No, but it sure is close to it this time. Who knows what might happen in the next days or weeks. It's not looking good. It's not looking good at all. :(

Its more than random violence -- the terrorists are picking their targets on purpose -- but its not a civil war.

The vast majority of Iraq is quiet, and the vast majority of the people are unified in their desire to see the current government work -- the only "civil war" that we'll see is one where the Kurds and Shi'ites finally lose their patience with the few remaining Ba'athist "insuregents" and their erstwhile Islamofascist co-belligerents and crush them once and for all.

Sorry, leftists - no good news for you.

Goobieman said:
Its more than random violence -- the terrorists are picking their targets on purpose -- but its not a civil war.

The vast majority of Iraq is quiet, and the vast majority of the people are unified in their desire to see the current government work -- the only "civil war" that we'll see is one where the Kurds and Shi'ites finally lose their patience with the few remaining Ba'athist "insuregents" and their erstwhile Islamofascist co-belligerents and crush them once and for all.

Sorry, leftists - no good news for you.

Good news? I'm sorry but civil war in Iraq means bads news for EVERYONE. I don't want thousands of people to die so I can say "I told you so." - wagging my finger like thus :naughty. You have a twisted perception of liberalism if you think so.

I'm glad you believe so doggedly that everything will just fall into plan in Iraq, but the world doesn't beat to America's drum. :smile:

GarzaUK said:
Good news? I'm sorry but civil war in Iraq means bads news for EVERYONE. I don't want thousands of people to die so I can say "I told you so." - wagging my finger like thus :naughty. You have a twisted perception of liberalism if you think so.

Lets be honest:
Your position, above, is not representative of the majority of the Liberal Left in the US. They would LOVE to see a massive failure in Iraq because it is to their political advantage.

Goobieman said:
Lets be honest:
Your position, above, is not representative of the majority of the Liberal Left in the US. They would LOVE to see a massive failure in Iraq because it is to their political advantage.

If your talking about the Democrats then yeah they would use that to their political advantage, so would the Republicans if they were in the Democrats situation. Politicans are always grabby for power - especially in America were the partisanship is so acidic.
Personally I don't blame Americans who don't vote - Democrats and Republicans are basically the same breed - politicans.

Make no mistake about it..The far whacko left is praying for Civil War in Iraq.....

It ain't gonna happen though............

Navy Pride said:
Make no mistake about it..The far whacko left is praying for Civil War in Iraq.....

Dont be so sure about that.
I thought I posted it here but
what you're seeing now is just foreplay.
When the US leaves you will see civil war.
and it wont be anything we did or did not do.

Thses groups have been at it for 1400 years.

Navy Pride said:

How do you know it's not going to happen? Do you have proof for this "so sure" statement?? Do you have a crystal ball?? Or are you in such denial that you refuse that civil war might be a possibility??

Tell me why are you so sure that civil war won't happen?? Is it only because it will damage your views that Iraq was worth it?

GarzaUK said:
How do you know it's not going to happen? Do you have proof for this "so sure" statement?? Do you have a crystal ball?? Or are you in such denial that you refuse that civil war might be a possibility??

Tell me why are you so sure that civil war won't happen?? Is it only because it will damage your views that Iraq was worth it?

I think Al Quada blew up that mosque and the Iraqi people know that....The Iraqi army and security force are growing stronger as each day passes.....They actually are handling the curfew in place now...........They will be able to handle security in Iraq when we are gone because that is what the majority of the Iraqi people want...........

Sorry, you people that want Civil War there lose..........

Navy Pride said:
Sorry, you people that want Civil War there lose..........

Bud I damn sure don’t want a civil war in Iraq.
I want those people to stand up to those MF cowards
So we can get our soldiers out of the chithole.
All I’m saying is you have 3 main groups in power, two of which have been fighting each other for 1400 years…. you do the math. Put to me I would give all the power to the Kurds.

I don't want civil war either NP it will cause deaths. I think you have a twisted perception of me. You must hate liberalism so much that you think we would love to proven to be right EVEN if it causes the lives of innocents - but that goes against everything liberalism stands for. We respect life and the choices in life.

Back
Top Bottom