• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Is Howard Dean the right man to lead the Democratic Party?

Is Howard Dean the right man to lead the Democratic Party?

• Yes

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • No

Votes: 18 52.9%

• Total voters
Navy Pride said:
Well my parents always told me to have respect the fair sex and I have always tried to do that and will do that here........Not sure the cyber affair thing would work since my wife of 40 years pretty much monitors my posting to this forum and gets a huge kick out of it........

By the way Navy, how is your wife and my kids?:2razz: JK

Stinger said:
Yeah and we are just as intralled with yours.

Really? Been reading the news lately, the Republicans are about double what Dean has raised.

Their opinion of the party certainly influences their decission and Dean is responsible for that appearence. He speaks to the party political positions and of course he is the attack dog.

No more or less than you "love to hate" Bush I guess, actually probably less. But why do you engage in the childish tactic of saying the other side is wrong because they "are filled with hate", it's really silly.

To believe he does not influence policy and which policies will be advanced is folly.

Probably no more chance of that than the Democrat zealots in this forum voting for Republicans, bit independent voters like me are certainly swayed by what direction Dean takes the party in and that fact that he is selected to head the party.

Hmmm stating that asking if Dean is the right man to head the party is "idiotic, plain dumb, completely stupid", I think that statement is "idiotic, plain dumb, completely stupid" considering this is a political debate forum.

For me it's not hate, it's EMBARRASSMENT!

I'm EMBARRASSED by the lack of qualifications this president has.

I'm EMBARRASSED by the current culture of corruption.

I'm EMBARRASSED that we are leaving a mountain of debt for our children.

I'm EMBARRASSED by the war against Science and the Environment.

I don't hate the man - but I do hate the direction that he's taking this country.
Code:

Navy Pride said:
Not sure the cyber affair thing would work since my wife of 40 years pretty much monitors my posting to this forum and gets a huge kick out of it........

So is it over between us? :(

Someone hold me. ;)

To stoop so low as to say the great qualifier in a president is who you would like to have a beer with....

I think as your friend Dean said you are taking what i said out of context....:roll:

Isn't it funny though when Dean makes those so called out of context statements that that main line democrats like Biden and Reid are quick to say that they do not agree with the statements and that the ones that really like them and agree with them are people like Pelosi and Kennedy who represent the far left of your party........

Think about it........

Navy Pride said:
we can still be friends.......;)

O man, It seems I pegged you right after all, you are a gay blade aren't you?

Navy Pride said:
I think as your friend Dean said you are taking what i said out of context....:roll:

Isn't it funny though when Dean makes those so called out of context statements that that main line democrats like Biden and Reid are quick to say that they do not agree with the statements and that the ones that really like them and agree with them are people like Pelosi and Kennedy who represent the far left of your party........

Think about it........

Where did Reid not support Dean?
Biden's in another world.

SixStringHero said:
This is the most intelligent post in this whole topic and I agree with about 97 percent of it. Everyone leans too far to the left or to the right in this country anymore and most people are brainwashed to the point of idiocy.

I don't agree with the implication that Bush is stupid, but then again I'm coming from the point of view that being articulate isn't synonymous with intelligence. I find it insulting that Americans believe the president of the US could be an "idiot."
He even received better grades than Kerry, but I guess than makes Kerry an idiot too?
thanx, I have been practicing a lot.....
the part about Bush that is getting to me is not his ability to mangle the english language (his wife and family must cringe at that) but appointing the new guy to CHIEF Justice, instead of letting one of the existing justices step up, and then he nominates his friend Meirs, and she has to be way at the bottom of every list of qualified applicants that might exist anywhere.
Oh, yeah, Brownie, the horse whisperer/FEMA guru. Him, too.
Jay Leno has an explanation for that. He says GWB has started drinking again.:lol:

kal-el said:
By the way Navy, how is your wife and my kids?:2razz: JK

Is that suppose to be funny? What does it have to do with Dean leading the dems..........So very sad........:roll:

hipsterdufus said:
Where did Reid not support Dean?
Biden's in another world.

When Dean made one of his his outrageous statements about Conservatives and Republicans both he and Biden disassociated themselves from them on one of the talk shows on Sunday..............For Biden it was Meet the Press and I believe Reid did it on Fox News Sunday......

kal-el said:
O man, It seems I pegged you right after all, you are a gay blade aren't you?

Your input to the debate is going down fast.....................Sad......

hipsterdufus said:
For me it's not hate, it's EMBARRASSMENT!

I'm EMBARRASSED by the lack of qualifications this president has.

I'm EMBARRASSED by the current culture of corruption.

I'm EMBARRASSED that we are leaving a mountain of debt for our children.

I'm EMBARRASSED by the war against Science and the Environment.

I don't hate the man - but I do hate the direction that he's taking this country.
Code:

I have to give you credit my friend, You have the far lefts talking points down pat......:spin:

Navy Pride said:
we can still be friends.......;)

Well....................okay. :cool:

Navy Pride said:
When Dean made one of his his outrageous statements about Conservatives and Republicans both he and Biden disassociated themselves from them on one of the talk shows on Sunday..............For Biden it was Meet the Press and I believe Reid did it on Fox News Sunday......

Source please.

I saw the show you are referring to and Reid was SUPPORTING Dean. That's why I brought it up.

Navy Pride said:
I have to give you credit my friend, You have the far lefts talking points down pat......:spin:

I'm a proud member of the leftwing moonbat party.

You know what - don't placate me.
I never pull the blue lever and have voted for many repubs in the past. These views come from the heart my friend.

hipsterdufus said:
Source please.

I saw the show you are referring to and Reid was SUPPORTING Dean. That's why I brought it up.

Well I thought it was Reid but I could be wrong.........There were several prominent democrats that disallowed his comments..Do you deny Biden too because I am sure I saw him on Meet the Press disassociate himself from Dean and I am sure about him.......Also John Edwards did it too........

Here is the link:

http://ezraklein.typepad.com/blog/2005/06/denouncing_dean.html

Denouncing Dean
Edwards and Biden, frankly, are right to denounce Dean. I like the Governor but his recent rhetoric doesn't just go too far, it goes there pointlessly. What, for instance, is the use of saying Republicans have never made an honest living in their lives? I'm as partisan as they come, but with Republicans easily winning the middle class, even I'm not able to believe this is a clear cut proletariat v. bourgeoisie confrontation. And even if Dean was, as he says, limiting his comments to the Republican leadership, that's still idiotic. Dennis Hastert was a high school teacher and wrestling coach. Having been a wrestler, that means he was sticking around campus from 7AM to 6PM most days, and turning up for weekend tournaments as well. That's the textbook definition of an honest living, as the NEA would certainly tell the chairman.

hipsterdufus said:
I'm a proud member of the leftwing moonbat party.

You know what - don't placate me.
I never pull the blue lever and have voted for many repubs in the past. These views come from the heart my friend.

All I have to go by is your posts and your profile and if your not a liberal I apologize but I am sure that is what it says.......

Navy Pride said:
Is that suppose to be funny? What does it have to do with Dean leading the dems..........So very sad........:roll:

Dude relax, I was just trading jabs at you. I remember a while back that you called me a cross-dresser. What pry tell, did that have to do with live sex shows in Oregon?

Navy Pride said:
Your input to the debate is going down fast.....................Sad......

What the **** are you saying?

Deane is the man as far as most republicans are concerned! :D I remember when NR ran a cover with Deane on it and the heading "Nominate This Man!". Unfortunately, the republicans didn't luck out, so the election victory was a lot closer than it would have been.

kal-el said:
Dude relax, I was just trading jabs at you. I remember a while back that you called me a cross-dresser. What pry tell, did that have to do with live sex shows in Oregon?

The post involved where directed at aps not you............And the reason I thought you might be a crossdresser (not that there is anything wrong with it as George and Jerry use to say on Seinfield,) is because you avatar was that of a female.......I have never seen a man do that and found it odd but if your not one I apologize..........I see you have changed your avatar now though..I must have struck a nerve.........:roll:

Navy Pride said:
Well I thought it was Reid but I could be wrong.........There were several prominent democrats that disallowed his comments..Do you deny Biden too because I am sure I saw him on Meet the Press disassociate himself from Dean and I am sure about him.......Also John Edwards did it too........

Here is the link:

http://ezraklein.typepad.com/blog/2005/06/denouncing_dean.html

Denouncing Dean
Edwards and Biden, frankly, are right to denounce Dean. I like the Governor but his recent rhetoric doesn't just go too far, it goes there pointlessly. What, for instance, is the use of saying Republicans have never made an honest living in their lives? I'm as partisan as they come, but with Republicans easily winning the middle class, even I'm not able to believe this is a clear cut proletariat v. bourgeoisie confrontation. And even if Dean was, as he says, limiting his comments to the Republican leadership, that's still idiotic. Dennis Hastert was a high school teacher and wrestling coach. Having been a wrestler, that means he was sticking around campus from 7AM to 6PM most days, and turning up for weekend tournaments as well. That's the textbook definition of an honest living, as the NEA would certainly tell the chairman.

You and the RNC are making a mountain out of a mole hill: Here's the text. Hardly earth shattering: From your link

http://americablog.blogspot.com/2005/06/dems-love-to-eat-their-own.html

While discussing the hardship of working Americans standing in long lines to vote, Dean said Thursday, “Republicans, I guess, can do that because a lot of them have never made an honest living in their lives.” Dean said later his comments did not refer to hard-working Americans, but rather to the failure of Republican leadership to address working-class concerns.

Dean also said he thinks Tom DeLay should be in jail. So what's the problem? The GOP doesn't care about working class concerns and Tom DeLay probably will be in jail (and certainly should). So, again, what's the big deal?

This looks like another one of those cases where the Right Wing media machine ginned up over Dean's comments... fed them to the media.... who then got Democrats (who conveniently are running for president, so they want to knock Dean out of the picture) to bash Dean. Seriously, the GOP must just sit back and laugh over how easy it is. Our people fall for it every time. They got this headline from AP: "Dems Blast Dean For GOP Remarks".

Joe Biden, appearing on "This Week," jumped on Dean.
Dean “doesn't speak for me with that kind of rhetoric and I don't think he speaks for the majority of Democrats,” Biden, the top Democrat on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, said Sunday on ABC's “This Week.”
John Edwards got on the Dean-bashing bandwagon, too:
Responding to Dean's initial remark, Edwards said Dean “is not the spokesman for the party.”

Dean is “a voice. I don't agree with it,” Edwards, a former senator and the Democrats' vice presidential nominee in 2004, said Saturday at a party fundraising dinner in Nashville, Tenn.

It's time to play "Out of context theatre!"

hipsterdufus said:
You and the RNC are making a mountain out of a mole hill: Here's the text. Hardly earth shattering: From your link

http://americablog.blogspot.com/2005/06/dems-love-to-eat-their-own.html

While discussing the hardship of working Americans standing in long lines to vote, Dean said Thursday, “Republicans, I guess, can do that because a lot of them have never made an honest living in their lives.” Dean said later his comments did not refer to hard-working Americans, but rather to the failure of Republican leadership to address working-class concerns.

Dean also said he thinks Tom DeLay should be in jail. So what's the problem? The GOP doesn't care about working class concerns and Tom DeLay probably will be in jail (and certainly should). So, again, what's the big deal?

This looks like another one of those cases where the Right Wing media machine ginned up over Dean's comments... fed them to the media.... who then got Democrats (who conveniently are running for president, so they want to knock Dean out of the picture) to bash Dean. Seriously, the GOP must just sit back and laugh over how easy it is. Our people fall for it every time. They got this headline from AP: "Dems Blast Dean For GOP Remarks".

Joe Biden, appearing on "This Week," jumped on Dean.
Dean “doesn't speak for me with that kind of rhetoric and I don't think he speaks for the majority of Democrats,” Biden, the top Democrat on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, said Sunday on ABC's “This Week.”
John Edwards got on the Dean-bashing bandwagon, too:
Responding to Dean's initial remark, Edwards said Dean “is not the spokesman for the party.”

Dean is “a voice. I don't agree with it,” Edwards, a former senator and the Democrats' vice presidential nominee in 2004, said Saturday at a party fundraising dinner in Nashville, Tenn.

It's time to play "Out of context theatre!"

Well you need to discuss that with Edwards and Biden............Dean has made other stupid comments and I paraphrase Like " I hate all Republicans."
That is something my 6 year od grandson might say in his playground as far as hating something but not the leader of the DNC.......I know a couple of retired military guys who are moderate and democrat and cringe every time he opens his mouth........

This guy is and embarrassment to the moderates in your party and only plays to the far left base but if your happy with him so be it.......

Navy Pride said:
Well you need to discuss that with Edwards and Biden............Dean has made other stupid comments and I paraphrase Like " I hate all Republicans."
That is something my 6 year od grandson might say in his playground as far as hating something but not the leader of the DNC.......I know a couple of retired military guys who are moderate and democrat and cringe every time he opens his mouth........

This guy is and embarrassment to the moderates in your party and only plays to the far left base but if your happy with him so be it.......

Here's what Dean had to say about his remarks. I agree with him 100%.
You know, i get mad too at these guys!

MR. RUSSERT: Let me talk about some of the things you have said about the Republicans. Here's Howard Dean in January: "I hate the Republicans and everything they stand for..."

Howard Dean in February: "This is a struggle between good and evil and we're the good?"

Do you really hate Republicans? Do you consider them evil?

DR. DEAN: I don't--well, actually that was a little out of context. But I don't hate Republicans as individuals. But I hate what the Republicans are doing to this country. I really do. I hate deficits, as you know. When I was governor, I really was very tough on fiscal responsibility. Deficits in the long run aren't good for the country, and they do lower our standard of living. Every American family knows that you have to pay your bills. I hate the dishonesty, you know, the idea that you'd put a program through Congress without telling people what it costs, I think that's wrong. Some of the things that the president said on our way into Iraq, they just weren't true, and I don't think that's right. So...

Give Them Hell Howard!

hipsterdufus said:
Here's what Dean had to say about his remarks. I agree with him 100%.
You know, i get mad too at these guys!

MR. RUSSERT: Let me talk about some of the things you have said about the Republicans. Here's Howard Dean in January: "I hate the Republicans and everything they stand for..."

Howard Dean in February: "This is a struggle between good and evil and we're the good?"

Do you really hate Republicans? Do you consider them evil?

DR. DEAN: I don't--well, actually that was a little out of context. But I don't hate Republicans as individuals. But I hate what the Republicans are doing to this country. I really do. I hate deficits, as you know. When I was governor, I really was very tough on fiscal responsibility. Deficits in the long run aren't good for the country, and they do lower our standard of living. Every American family knows that you have to pay your bills. I hate the dishonesty, you know, the idea that you'd put a program through Congress without telling people what it costs, I think that's wrong. Some of the things that the president said on our way into Iraq, they just weren't true, and I don't think that's right. So...

Give Them Hell Howard!

He says people on the right take his comments out of context but I don't believe Edwards and Biden are on the right...I guess they took thme out of context too........:roll:

This man is the leader of your party.......He needs to think before he speaks........He hurts tour party and turns off moderates by his comments.........

Back
Top Bottom