• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Is Homosexuality Considered Abnormal?

Is Homosexuality considered abnormal?

• YES

Votes: 16 50.0%
  • NO

Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Ask a Psychiatrist

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Asking turkeys to vote for Christmas??
you are joking :2razz: :2razz:
If we are made for procreation then it stands to reason that anyone
who doesn't comform to the norm, must be a deviant.
This is not a popular opinion these days,and I am sorry to
hurt anyone who has never been told this.
My heart goes out to these people who are not Gay but sad, they have been encouraged to be hetrophobic, because they have been nurtured into a world of same sex relationships.

Duke said:
This is a stupid question. Some consider homosexuality abnormal, and smart people do not.

Duke

And which category are you?:confused: :rofl

jamesrage said:
The same person who thinks we should be negociating with terrorist want to define what is smart.Homosexuality is not normal,if it was normal everyone would be gay.Since it is not normal then homosexuality is abnormal.

And this post right here is the proof of Duke's statement about how intelligent people and the not so intelligent think about this issue.

Windy said:
My heart goes out to these people who are not Gay but sad, they have been encouraged to be hetrophobic, because they have been nurtured into a world of same sex relationships.

Here is a little news flash for you...you cant nurture someone into a life of same sex relationships. If someone is having a same sex relationship, it is because they are GAY.

Hey...I am sorry to hurt your feelings and break down all that stereotype you have stored up and my heart goes out to you...but there is no big pink mafia waiting in the wings to swoop up all the hetero children and turn them gay!

People do not use certain terms anymore ,in order to be PC,but. Many people still believe in Natural law and the natural order of things.These people view homosexuality as Un-natural and abnormal.

vergiss said:
So are left-handers like me. Your point?

Actually it's not. It's simply which hand you learned to use the most and it is not abnormal to use one hand over the other or both equally for humans. If you are "left-handed" now you can learn to be "right-handed". In some middle eastern countries there are no left-handed people because of certain customs to do with hygene, EVERYONE is brought up to be right-handed. We are not designed to be either one or the other. FWIW Paul McCartney is right-hand but plays guitar and bass left handed. Phil Mickelson is right handed but plays golf left-handed.

Trying to equate such things with something as complicated as sexual behaviors is really folly. In that case yes having sex with those of your sex is abnormal sexual behavior. We ARE designed to be heterosexual beings, our bodies are not designed for homosexual sex, the human society has not evolved as one based on homosexual sex or relationships, they are abnormal. Our propagation, the prime function, is based on heterosexual relations and heterosexual sex, the raising of our children is based on heterosexual families, everything about us is heterosexual in nature.

As I said it is folly to say that about right-handedness.

Duke said:
This is a stupid question. Some consider homosexuality abnormal, and smart people do not.

Duke

Why would an erroneous belief be indictive of a smart person?

JOHNYJ said:
People do not use certain terms anymore ,in order to be PC,but. Many people still believe in Natural law and the natural order of things.These people view homosexuality as Un-natural and abnormal.

Then please, by all means, point me to a copy of this "Natural Law" so that I may be as enlightened as you. :roll:

"nor·mal
adj.
Conforming with, adhering to, or constituting a norm, standard, pattern, level, or type; typical: normal room temperature; one's normal weight; normal diplomatic relations.
Biology. Functioning or occurring in a natural way; lacking observable abnormalities or deficiencies.
Abbr. n or N Chemistry.
Designating a solution having one gram equivalent weight of solute per liter of solution.
Designating an aliphatic hydrocarbon having a straight and unbranched chain of carbon atoms.
Mathematics.
Being at right angles; perpendicular.
Perpendicular to the direction of a tangent line to a curve or a tangent plane to a surface.
Relating to or characterized by average intelligence or development.
Free from mental illness; sane."

Duke

Windy said:

So the gay agenda's the new Jewish conspirancy? Right.

Stinger, you really need to do some reading about handedness. :lol:

Duke said:
"nor·mal
adj.
Conforming with, adhering to, or constituting a norm, standard, pattern, level, or type; typical: normal room temperature; one's normal weight; normal diplomatic relations.

Duke

Exactly. Homosexualty is abnormal because it doesn't conform to the typical or standard (heterosexual).. not that there's anything wrong with that. George Washington and Albert Einstein were abnormal.

Precisely. The USA is not a country of conformity, this is what makes us stand out from countries like Nazi Germany, North Korea, and Saudia Arabia.

Duke

JOHNYJ said:
And they oppose medical services and hot water heaters as well, right?

The Real McCoy said:
Exactly. Homosexualty is abnormal because it doesn't conform to the typical or standard (heterosexual).. not that there's anything wrong with that. George Washington and Albert Einstein were abnormal.
And left-handers are abnormal because they don't conform to the typical or standard (righthanded).

Now, who was it that denied this? Oh, yeah. That was stinger. :roll:

vergiss said:
Stinger, you really need to do some reading about handedness. :lol:

I don't think so and you have posted nothing to indicate that I should. That one would prefer to use one over the other is not surprising, it's easier to learn to write with just one of them than both. And that one would perform better in some way than others is not surprising. We are right eyed and left eyed two, having nothing to do with which hand we prefer to use. Righthanders might be left eyed and taught to shoot a gun "left handed".

But the salient question is SO WHAT, it has nothing to do with our prime function, it has nothing to do with defining us as a species or survivabilty of the species opposed to sexual behavior.

But if you want to equate "handedness" with "sexuality" please elaborate, I'd love to hear it.

Back
Top Bottom