• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is Hezbollah planning a coup?

Demon of Light

Bohemian Revolutionary
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
A Saudi advice has delayed the return of Lebanon's PM, Saad Al Hariri, from Saudi Arabia to Beirut. Meanwhile, 3500 Hezbollah militiamen are secretly deployed in the Eastern Christian region according to a report that was published yesterday by the "Beirut Observer" web site. Hezbollah has reached its final logistic preparations to execute an armed coup to take over all of Lebanon by force. The web site attributed its information to well-informed sources in the Saudi media. Below is a summary of the report with other related information:

Well-informed Saudi sources have confirmed to the "Beirut Observer" that the delay of Lebanon's PM return to Beirut came in response to advice by Saudi officials. The Saudis are extremely concerned in regards to information became available to them indicating that an imminent Hezbollah coup is in on the horizon. The Saudis are fearful that Hezbollah’s threats are not mere political rhetoric this time. The Iranian-armed militia has set all the needed logistic preparations for the coup and is only waiting for the zero hour.

Source: International Analyst Network

These are some disconcerting developments.

I'm afraid we will see another Lebanon's invasion...

which they may very well be. It will be interesting to measure Hezbollah's independence on this; if they seek to avoid antagonizing Israel in order to consolidate power in Lebanon, that will mark them as a relatively independent entity. but; if they seek to engage Israel in order to make it more difficult for her to pursue a course of action with the endstate of removing Iran's nuclear capabilities; that will mark them as still an owned animal.

which they may very well be. It will be interesting to measure Hezbollah's independence on this; if they seek to avoid antagonizing Israel in order to consolidate power in Lebanon, that will mark them as a relatively independent entity. but; if they seek to engage Israel in order to make it more difficult for her to pursue a course of action with the endstate of removing Iran's nuclear capabilities; that will mark them as still an owned animal.

Hezbollah has no need to do an actual takeover of the Lebanese government. It is the most powerfull military force in Lebanon, most likely has the support of about 50% of the Lebanese military, has a defacto veto in the government as it is. So by remaining behind the scenes of Lebanese politics provided Hariri does not go insane means it also has the international cover of being part of Lebanon, and not being Lebanon

Hezbollah has no need to do an actual takeover of the Lebanese government. It is the most powerfull military force in Lebanon, most likely has the support of about 50% of the Lebanese military, has a defacto veto in the government as it is. So by remaining behind the scenes of Lebanese politics provided Hariri does not go insane means it also has the international cover of being part of Lebanon, and not being Lebanon

It's time for all Hesbollah members to be deported to Iran or Syria. It's also time for Hassan Nesrallah to take a very public dirt nap.

I'm afraid we will see another Lebanon's invasion...

I don't think so. Israel would not be willing to take another defeat so quickly after 2006 - especially when this time Hezbollah are far better armed.

It would reverse the purpose of the slaughter of Gaza. Which was basically to show the Arabs that Israel are still a brutal force.

I don't think so. Israel would not be willing to take another defeat so quickly after 2006 - especially when this time Hezbollah are far better armed.

It would reverse the purpose of the slaughter of Gaza. Which was basically to show the Arabs that Israel are still a brutal force.

Yet another anti-Isreal poster from Scotland. What's next?

Yet another anti-Isreal poster from Scotland. What's next?

Say what you mean.

I thanked you for your post because it really shows the level of your mentality when you resort to veiled personal attacks and it was a favour to anyone who tries to debate you in the future. I'm not sure exactly what that post was, but I'm sure all will agree that it was pointless.

I bet Hillary and Barack will be mad. after all the give backs and Muslim outreach they did. It reminds you of when IRAN took the hostages all tho Carter was their friend and the sandanista, of Nicaragua . We need an essay like Jean Kirkpatricks. Dictators & Double Standards. The Neoconservatives should plant one right on the," HillOboma foreign policy debacle", like they did to Carter.

Back
Top Bottom