• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is he wrong?

reinaert

DP Veteran
Reaction score
If so, please show how.

If not, please show why:

[video is of a preacher saying it is New Testament biblical to line homosexuals up and shoot them in the backs of their heads]

Yes, he is wrong, and his God will probably send him straight to hell.

His eternal soul probably would have fared better if he had embraced the teachings of Buddha.

But why isn't the execution of homosexuals 'New Testament biblical'? How is he wrong?
Stirring the pot to make what point? Therestharnut of every persuasion, Christian or not.

Stirring the pot to make what point? Therestharnut of every persuasion, Christian or not.
If you think there's a pot to be stirred, kindly identify it. I'm curious what persons who identify as Christian have to say about how he is right or wrong.

If you think there's a pot to be stirred, kindly identify it. I'm curious what persons who identify as Christian have to say about how he is right or wrong.
Last time I checked, the ten commandments were quite clear cut.

But why isn't the execution of homosexuals 'New Testament biblical'? How is he wrong?
The preacher didn't say 'New Testament biblical'. He said "Biblical".

The Old Testament (Bible) tells us that gays shall be killed:

Leviticus 20:13
“If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.”

He was incorrect about the Bible saying gays being "lined up against the wall and shot in the back of the head!"

He didn't say 'New Testament biblical'. He said "Biblical".

The Old Testament (Bible) tells us that gays shall be killed:

Leviticus 20:13
“If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.”
'Here in the New Testament, here in Romans...'

He's wrong because there is no scriptural basis for what he is saying.

Show that something isn't in the Bible? How exactly do you want me to do that?
Show how he is wrong, please. This is something that can be articulated.

It's curious to me that there's been several 'nope, not biblical' type answers, but no attempt to show how.

Of course he is wrong, very little in the Bible suggests doing what the subject of the OP is suggesting.

Show how he is wrong, please. This is something that can be articulated.

It's curious to me that there's been several 'nope, not biblical' type answers, but no attempt to show how.

Again how can I show you something isn't in the Bible?

If you have evidence that it is in the Bible please provide it.

Again how can I show you something isn't in the Bible?

If you have evidence that it is in the Bible please provide it.
How is he wrong about Romans? Are you unable to articulate this?

But, as he makes reference to Romans, how is he wrong about Romans?

Arguably, he is using Romans1:18-32 in a manner other than intended.

I guess you could argue 32 is a bit ambiguous on God carrying out that sentence or people of God doing so but there really is no clear text from Romans suggesting people get together, round up those who are homosexual, and execute them.

Most of that text is about the wrath of God, not the wrath of people doing something in God's place.

Yes, he is wrong, and his God will probably send him straight to hell.

His eternal soul probably would have fared better if he had embraced the teachings of Buddha.
Yup. His name gets blotted out from the book of life

Arguably, he is using Romans1:18-32 in a manner other than intended.

I guess you could argue 32 is a bit ambiguous on God carrying out that sentence or people of God doing so but there really is no clear text from Romans suggesting people get together, round up those who are homosexual, and execute them.

Most of that text is about the wrath of God, not the wrath of people doing something in God's place.
Thank you.

But, would it be fair to assert that his implication that 'worthy unto/of death' allows for an exegesis that God works through human agency could become a larger or even dominant interpretation, again.

Can you expand on how his interpretation of 'worthy of death' is wrong?

Worthy of death and put to death (ie killing homosexuals) are completely separate things. Especially in this context where worthy of death is synonymous with not worthy eternal life

Back
Top Bottom