• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is God punishing us Christians ("Christians")?

How do u know God hates us?

presumptuous

but the Word Christians go by DOES say and abundantly implies that sinners who do not repent ARE God's enemies and will be separated from God and all his good gifts for all eternity. REPENT. Let the Blood of Jesus wash over your sinful souls

Mt 25:31 and etc....
Lord Krishna loves you.

But what does he mean? What is Jesus telling us? 3 times Jesus mentioned the Kingdom in which he was to be installed as King...by saying that his Kingdom is “no part of this world,” Jesus made clear that the Kingdom is not from a human source. This harmonizes with earlier statements referring to “the Kingdom of the heavens” or “the Kingdom of God...Jesus had also said that his followers were “no part of the world,” that is, the unrighteous human society alienated from God and his servant...by Jesus' own words to Peter earlier that evening, Jesus showed that his followers were not to fight to defend him as supporters of a human king would have done because no human government can stop Jesus from taking his throne in ruling over the earth...
sorry but I go by the Church's official interpretation of Scripture not some stranger on the internet.. and these days, I don't evne trust most priests and bishops... cannot trust the pope either... He has said too many totally loony, unCatholic things...

it seems we catholics have been abandoned by "our Church"... and so we find ourselves with Jesus--- on the Cross... asking of our Father "Why have You abandoned [us]?"

well, it seems American Christians should appreciate being with Jesus on the Cross... instead of always trying to live like everyone else in the world... namely: 2 comfortably

Show me a politician who is not a crook and I'll show you a politician who'll not be at his job for very long...
there are "crooks" and there are "crooks" (according to fake news and etc) who stand up for the rights of human beings, even those worthless eaters known as the unborn...

the latter politicians are worth respecting... Now, you'd think that would go without saying...

but we live in strange times...

(Or do we? Human nature does not change form one century to another)

sorry but I go by the Church's official interpretation of Scripture not some stranger on the internet.. and these days, I don't evne trust most priests and bishops... cannot trust the pope either... He has said too many totally loony, unCatholic things...

it seems we catholics have been abandoned by "our Church"... and so we find ourselves with Jesus--- on the Cross... asking of our Father "Why have You abandoned [us]?"

well, it seems American Christians should appreciate being with Jesus on the Cross... instead of always trying to live like everyone else in the world... namely: 2 comfortably
So, you disregard what the Bible says...got it...

Biden is a punishment of Christians, it seems.

Who can read the mind of God exactly, but that's a thought that keeps recurring to me of late.

And why shouldn't we be punished?

many "Christians" support pro-abortion candidates for public office.

so many of "us" live worldly lives, to the point u can't tell a christian from a non-christian much of the time

And how many of us stood up for our "most Pro life President" when he was being relentlessly attacked by the Satan puppets?
Cry more.

People in this country, Biden's America, dont have any religious beliefs forced on them.

No women are forced to have abortions, no women are forced to give birth. Every woman has the right to follow her beliefs.

There are zero 'religious beliefs' denied in the US that harm you. Or society. If there are...feel free to list them.

Are Christians divided up by nationality? That's not what I recall reading in the Bible, but maybe it's been too long.

Does everyone else in the world live 2 comfortably?

"Welcome to DoSomething.org, a global movement of millions of young people making positive change, online and off. The 11 facts you want are below, and the sources for the facts are at the very bottom of the page. After you learn something, Do Something. Find out how to take action here.
  1. Global poverty lines are used to measure the financial dimension of poverty. The thresholds of $1.90, $3.20, and $5.50 per day represent different standards for poverty around the world. People living on $1.90 per day are considered to live in extreme poverty.[1]
  2. Money isn’t a complete measure of poverty. Other dimensions of poverty include access (or lack thereof) to work, health, nutrition, education, sanitation, housing, etc.[2]
  3. In 2015 (the latest estimates available), 10% of the world’s population lived in extreme poverty (less than $1.90 a day).[3]
  4. Half of the 736 million people living in extreme poverty globally live in five countries: India, Nigeria, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ethiopia, and Bangladesh.[4]
  5. It’s estimated that, because of the COVID-19 pandemic and subsequent global recession, poverty rates will increase for the first time since 1990. [5]
  6. Internationally, 2.2 million people lack access to a safely-managed drinking water service (located nearby, available when needed, and free from contamination).[6]
  7. Approximately 297,000 children under five die every year from diarrhoeal diseases due to poor sanitation, poor hygiene, or unsafe drinking water.[7]
  8. About 13% of people globally do not have access to electricity, and 40% of people globally do not have access to clean fuels for cooking.[8]
  9. Malnutrition is the leading cause of poor health and death around the world. Globally, 1 in 9 people is hungry or undernourished.[9]
  10. A study of 13 developing countries found that government spending on education and health accounted for 69% of the total reduction of economic inequality.[10]
  11. The entire health budget of Ethiopia, a country of 105 million people, is equivalent to just 1% of the fortune of the world’s richest man, Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos.[11]
(My emphasis - From 11 Facts About Global Poverty | DoSomething.org - sources are @ the URL)

From this information, I'd say @ least 10% of the world's population is living in extreme poverty; hardly comfortably, let alone 2 comfortably.

Who can read the mind of God exactly, but that's a thought that keeps recurring to me of late.

so many of "us" live worldly lives, to the point u can't tell a christian from a non-christian much of the time

And how many of us stood up for our "most Pro life President" when he was being relentlessly attacked by the Satan puppets?
You apparently worship a petty, vindictive, little god.

So the vote that elected Biden was God's doing? 80 million voters didn't have a say? It was God who was behind the voter fraud that stole the election? I didn't think the fraud conspiracy could go higher than the SCOTUS. Guess I was wrong.

If God is punishing you, it's for using his name in your support of an utterly despicable human being like Donald Trump. Nothing drives people from the church like hypocrisy, and the white evangelical support of a man like Donald Trump has literally been God's gift to atheism.

I thought mortality and existence outside of the Garden of Eden was the punishment visited upon all peoples, Christians and non-Christian alike.

Yes, God is kind of like the Kim Il Sung in that respect, successive generations are punished for the sins of their ancestors.

show me how he was a crook and i will listen

I have been following REAL news for years now and have not seen anything remotely deserving of that word

saying something is so does not make it so.... and the elite left a re the biggest hypocrites known to man. They point fingers at Trump while 3 of the fingers on their blood-stained (abortion) hands are pointing back at them...

hypocrite, they name is leftie
Did Trump commit adultery with Marla Maples when he was married to Ivana?
Has Trump paid for abortions of his girlfriend's? Would it matter to you one bit if he had?

Yes, God is kind of like the Kim Il Sung in that respect, successive generations are punished for the sins of their ancestors.
Actually, that was a common teaching among Jews at the time of Jesus, and it was scripturally based.

Jesus rejected that teaching, believing it was used to get people who were burdened with all manner of hardship, illness, and poverty to accept their lot in life. It was also used to discourage those who had compassion for the less fortunate from helping them. (It's the WILL of GOD! How dare you presume to interfere with God's will?)

Yep. Nailed it. Lol

No, but the right wing Catholics have abandoned G-D

Actually, that was a common teaching among Jews at the time of Jesus, and it was scripturally based.

Jesus rejected that teaching, believing it was used to get people who were burdened with all manner of hardship, illness, and poverty to accept their lot in life. It was also used to discourage those who had compassion for the less fortunate from helping them. (It's the WILL of GOD! How dare you presume to interfere with God's will?)

I agree with that, but still the notion that man was fallen and unredeemable without Jesus dying for their sins is the core of Christianity - with the fall of man tracing all the way back Adam and Eve. Man being born into sin. Thus the Kim Il Sung view.

OMG!

So you think God would have preferred Trump? o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

Back
Top Bottom