• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Is God Male or Female?

BodiSatva

The Bodhisattva
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Is God a Man or a Woman in Essence?

Last edited:

I believe as some do, that when taken less literally, when it is said that mankind was created in Gods image, that it isn't a physical reflection, but that God was a creative being, as are humans. So I would answer no gender.

When the Poll gets up the choices are

Male
Female
No Gender

Is the whole pie the left half or the right half in essence?

I thought you knew a thing or 2 about theology, Bodi.

"Is God a D!ck, Pu$$y or A$$hole?"

Answer: God is all 3. God wants everyone to get along and Jesus got ******ed, God will sh!t all over you, and God will ****** you.

God -vs- Satan: Unless you let God ****** this guy, we're going to have our d!cks and pu$$ys all covered in $hit.

Last edited:
Indeed I do know a thing or two about it Jerry...

But I do not know what you people think unless I ask. ;)

You're asking people to fart in the elevator so you can smell their opinion and see if they eat gender-wars.

You're asking people to fart in the elevator so you can smell their opinion and see if they eat gender-wars.

Is this clever? Witty?

Frankly, it doesn't make a bit of sense, but it's an immensely satisfying mental image (BodiSatva creeping around on all fours in an elevator sniffing people's butts, that is).
:)

Damn you, Jerry.
You're going to get me banned for trolling, right along with you.

Is this clever? Witty?

Frankly, it doesn't make a bit of sense, but it's an immensely satisfying mental image (BodiSatva creeping around on all fours in an elevator sniffing people's butts, that is).
:)

Damn you, Jerry.
You're going to get me banned for trolling, right along with you.

Google "Atomic Sit Up".

what a question!!! i think this is a nonsense thing, we should not include GOD here!

Moderator's Warning:
Careful. This could get ugly real fast. Focus on the topic rather than each other.

Originally Posted by lancemaria
what a question!!! i think this is a nonsense thing, we should not include GOD here!

I am curious...why not include god in a question about god's sexuality...or lack of?

I think tha tthe Bible (assuming that we're talking about the Abrahamic god) is pretty clear about calling God "He" and "Him". I think that would imply masculinity (or that guys wrote it).

I think tha tthe Bible (assuming that we're talking about the Abrahamic god) is pretty clear about calling God "He" and "Him". I think that would imply masculinity (or that guys wrote it).

That's just English grammar.

The original Hebrew didn't specify gender....because God aint a human.

If he is a guy, can God make his penis so big, that not even he can lift it??

Seriously, if there is a god, it would have to be neither.

Hey, that not a bad question actually.

He doesn't need to worry about that since it's in Giea's mouth all the time.

The Judeo Christian God is referred to as "Father" or "the Father" throughout the bible. When Jesus refers to him from the cross in the stories of the Gospels he refers to "Father".

In Genesis he created the male in his own image, he later came up with the idea of a female as a companion an he made her different.

How could God possibly be a female or "no gender"?

Mary, the mother of Jesus, is the "highest ranking" female in the Judeo/Christian faith. And she is of mortal beginnings.

The Judeo Christian God is referred to as "Father" or "the Father" throughout the bible. When Jesus refers to him from the cross in the stories of the Gospels he refers to "Father".

In Genesis he created the male in his own image, he later came up with the idea of a female as a companion an he made her different.

How could God possibly be a female or "no gender"?

Mary, the mother of Jesus, is the "highest ranking" female in the Judeo/Christian faith. And she is of mortal beginnings.

Yet if God doesn't have a corporeal body (and being immortal, it makes no sense that he would), how can he be one sex or the other?
Sex is a physical attribute.
Do you believe God has a physical body?
If so, how can he be immortal? ("All flesh is grass, etc").

If he doesn't have a physical body, then how can he be gendered?
Do you also believe he has a race?

This is mere speculation on my part; I don't believe in god.
It's obvious to me- and I think anyone who has studied history or the origins of Christianity is aware- that Christianity is a patriarchal religion which was (at least partially) contrived and popularized for sociopolitical reasons in Rome in the 3rd century AD, by the Emperor Flavius Valerius Aurelius Constantinus (ie, "Constantine I"), to replace paganism and goddess-based religion.

But, I mean, the topic is interesting to me because it gives me insight into how Christians feel about it, which is a useful thing to know.

I mean, surely Christians don't literally believe that god, an incorporeal, immortal, supernatural entity, is going around sporting a dick and a pair of testicles?

I notice the thread starter asked whether the "essence" of god is male or female (an at least semi-legitimate inquiry).
But now we've veered off into "God-made-Adam-in-his-own-image" territory, a concept that becomes difficult to logically defend without sounding downright silly.

Yet if God doesn't have a corporeal body (and being immortal, it makes no sense that he would),

To you but perhaps not to him.

how can he be one sex or the other?
What is the Biblical evidence that he is not a male. His own son refers to him as a male. When he manifest himself it is as a male. He even made the male human in his image.
Sex is a physical attribute.
However that physicality manifest itself.

Do you believe God has a physical body?
I don't believe in God.

If so, how can he be immortal? ("All flesh is grass, etc").
He's God. How can superman be invulnerable (except for kryptonite of course)

If he doesn't have a physical body, then how can he be gendered?
He's God.

Do you also believe he has a race?
I don't believe in God.

This is mere speculation on my part; I don't believe in god.
Me to. But I can read the Bible and what it teaches and it is pretty clear.

I mean, surely Christians don't literally believe that god, an incorporeal, immortal, supernatural entity, is going around sporting a dick and a pair of testicles?
Why not? What did the Pope think when he told Michaelangelo what to paint on the ceiling?

But now we've veered off into "God-made-Adam-in-his-own-image" territory, a concept that becomes difficult to logically defend without sounding downright silly.
If the Bible is the word of God, it can't get any clearer than Genesis. The male was created in his own image, the female he thought up later and was created to be different.

Or the bottomline, why is God a male? Cause that's how they made him up.

To you but perhaps not to him.

What is the Biblical evidence that he is not a male. His own son refers to him as a male. When he manifest himself it is as a male. He even made the male human in his image.
However that physicality manifest itself.

I don't believe in God.

He's God. How can superman be invulnerable (except for kryptonite of course)

He's God.

I don't believe in God.

Me to. But I can read the Bible and what it teaches and it is pretty clear.

Why not? What did the Pope think when he told Michaelangelo what to paint on the ceiling?

If the Bible is the word of God, it can't get any clearer than Genesis. The male was created in his own image, the female he thought up later and was created to be different.

Or the bottomline, why is God a male? Cause that's how they made him up.

It all seems terribly primitive to me.
It's just incomprehensible that people subscribe to such rubbish.
It's very confusing to me that they do.

TheLost

The Bible is a biased source...thus irrelevant.

Back
Top Bottom