• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Is God An Atheist?

No, God technically believes in a diety (he/she/it self) so he/she/it cannot be atheist.

Gibberish said:
No, God technically believes in a diety (he/she/it self) so he/she/it cannot be atheist.

Yup, he is a selfish, egotistical, hescient diety, who uses threats and violence to get his way.:lol:

The bigger question is: Why doesn't God believe in me!

I assume he has my address!:2wave:

In the OT there is a taste of henotheism (Belief in one god without denying the existence of others), instead of the later progressed monotheism. Example:

Exodus 20:3

"You shall have no other gods before me."

This is an example of henotheism because if the theology at the time was monotheistic, there would be no reason to say "gods".

This could quite possibly be one of the most pointless questions I have ever seen/heard.

I'm curious as to what you Christians would do if god spoke to everyone saying, "The Christian god is a lie. Stop adulating a lie." I bet many of you would blow him off as Satan.:lol:

FinnMacCool said:
He doesn't believe in any gods beside himself

Of course he does, he speaks numerous times in the bible of gods.

Dear Lord...here we go.

God believes souly in himself. We believe in Him. In turn, he helps us, and in exchange for that, we praise Him. For that, we earn a place in heaven. Great deal, I say.

Baxter said:
Dear Lord...here we go.

God believes souly in himself. We believe in Him. In turn, he helps us, and in exchange for that, we praise Him. For that, we earn a place in heaven. Great deal, I say.

You are assuming first that there is a "God" or any other supernatural thing.

Correct. God really doesn't have to believe in anything else because after Him, there's no one or nothing in a position of higher authority.

Baxter said:
Correct. God really doesn't have to believe in anything else because after Him, there's no one or nothing in a position of higher authority.

:confused: What???????

I said you are assuming there is a "God" or other supernatural thing. So how is it that I'm correct when you say there is a "God"?

You were asking if I believe in God, weren't you? I say yes.

i believe in tranquility said:
Brian: are you assuming that "God" doesnt exist?

It is reasonable to assume that. As athesim is the default position. if you deposit a claim that god exists, you are expected to provide evidence, as that is a direct assertion about reality. But it's fine to say "I believe god exists"- as that is a personal assertion, and needs no supporting evidence.

i believe in tranquility said:
Brian: are you assuming that "God" doesnt exist?

I am a godless person, so I don't believe in a "God", but that wasn't the point of the discussion, Baxter said:

"Dear Lord...here we go.

"

So there he was assuming there is a "God".

Now I didn't say something like this, if I posted I would try to say more reasons why I am godless. But Baxter assumed there was a "God", in his post when I find there is little evidence to support that.I was just merely pointing out that he assumed there was a "God".

Back
Top Bottom