• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is Glenn beck threatening the Republican party?

RyrineaHaruno

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Glenn Beck's 'demagoguery' threatening Republican party, says veteran GOP lawmaker - CSMonitor.com

Veteran GOP lawmaker South Carolina Rep. Bob Inglis has stated that he thinks that Glenn Beck is threatening the GOP's creditability, and basically call the stuff he says propaganda.

He also put it that he is dividing the country to the point that we aren't focusing what really matters.

There were no death panels in the bill ... and to encourage that kind of fear is just the lowest form of political leadership. It's not leadership. It's demagoguery," said Inglis, one of three Republican incumbents who have lost their seats in Congress to primary and state party convention challengers this year.

Inglis said voters eventually will discover that you're "preying on their fears" and turn away.

"I think we have a lot of leaders that are following those (television and talk radio) personalities and not leading," he said. "What it takes to lead is to say, 'You know, that's just not right.'"

I think this is what he, and other pundits do actually is play on peoples fear. It will be the fear that tears this country apart

So I am not sure I put this in the right forum, so Mods Please move this if need be.

♪ Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose. ♫

Veteran GOP lawmaker South Carolina Rep. Bob Inglis has stated that he thinks that Glenn Beck is threatening the GOP's creditability, and basically call the stuff he says propaganda.
Duh. Beck is a showman. He acts in an outlandish way to get attention and ratings. While this works well for him, it turns other people and moderates away from the Republicans.

I've been wondering if any Republicans are going to stand up and stop being bullied by these talking heads. It's kind of funny how people like Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh set the standard for conservative stances on various issues. There have been so many Republicans who have publicly apologized to Rush for disagreeing with him (including Michael Steele!).

From a Republican perspective though, it's probably a mixed bag. People like Glenn Beck get the base all riled up, but probably turn off independents and moderates in the process. Not to mention all the numerous examples of his outright distortions, just google search "glenn beck lies". I think the Republicans need to get back to their intelligent, statesmen roots when they really were men of principle, not this dog and pony show masquerading as conservatism today.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. It sure seems to me that the left pays more attention to Beck on this forum than the right does. I think that's hilarious.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. It sure seems to me that the left pays more attention to Beck on this forum than the right does. I think that's hilarious.

And the right pays more attention to (insert any liberal talking head) than the left does. Also hilarious?

I've been wondering if any Republicans are going to stand up and stop being bullied by these talking heads.

If Republicans don't like getting "bullied" by people who have espoused conservative and/or libertarian leaning views, they should join the Democrat party.

And the right pays more attention to (insert any liberal talking head) than the left does. Also hilarious?

That's funny because I know a lot of right wingers on here who don't pay any attention to the libtards on the TV. I mean, why worry when their ratings are lower than univision?

I feel stories like this kind of present a false dilemma. Just because someone is turned off by Beck doesn't automatically presume he'll be turned off by Republicans as a whole. More likely he'll just migrate to some other right-wing pundit with a more "respectable" air, and complain about the intellectual decline of conservative thought in this country.

That's funny because I know a lot of right wingers on here who don't pay any attention to the libtards on the TV. I mean, why worry when their ratings are lower than univision?

Plenty of right wingers talk about what Olbermann or Maddow or Maher are saying. I also know plenty of left wingers who rarely discuss Beck.

Generalizing is pointless, is what I'm getting at, in either direction.

No, typical. The right paid far more attention to Michel Moore, making him rich, than what many call the left did. Normally, people don't start threads on people they agree with, but about people who they don't. That said, why anyone would take Beck or Oberman seriously is a mystery to me. And doing so hurts the country.

Back
Top Bottom