• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is Giuliani to blame for Trump's downfall?

SonOfDaedalus

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal

I wonder if Trump has finally figured out that Giuliani is responsible for both impeachments.

It was chasing Giuliani's bogus Ukrainian Hunter Biden Burisma claims that got Trump impeached the first time. Now it's Giuliani's bogus election fraud claims.

In both cases, as an attorney, Giuliani totally failed his client. An attorney should give his client good advice that will benefit him. Giuliani almost certainly pursued these absurd conspiracy theories so he could bill Trump for his "work."

Really.....who gave Rudy, a broken down drunken bum enough rope to hang him?

I wonder if Trump has finally figured out that Giuliani is responsible for both impeachments.

It was chasing Giuliani's bogus Ukrainian Hunter Biden Burisma claims that got Trump impeached the first time. Now it's Giuliani's bogus election fraud claims.

In both cases, as an attorney, Giuliani totally failed his client. An attorney should give his client good advice that will benefit him. Giuliani almost certainly pursued these absurd conspiracy theories so he could bill Trump for his "work."

WTAF??? That sounds like the mother of a child molester saying that their son never would have raped that little eight year old if she hadn't smiled at him.

No, I don’t think it’s Gulliani driving things. I think Gulliani is just a very willing participant in Trump’s crazy. Trump was calling voter fraud in 2016..his playbook hasn’t changed.

I think Gulliani is Trump lawyer because he’ll go all in on the crazy regardless of any sort of evidence.

Really.....who gave Rudy, a broken down drunken bum enough rope to hang him?

Certainly, Trump is ultimately responsible. But it seems that the man behind the Ukrainian craziness was Rudy Giuliani. And the man behind this election fraud insanity is Rudy Giuliani.

If Trump had put his trust in a competent attorney maybe he wouldn't have been impeached. But I doubt Trump would have listened to competent advice.

WTAF??? That sounds like the mother of a child molester saying that their son never would have raped that little eight year old if she hadn't smiled at him.

I don't think that analogy makes sense. I'm saying that Giuliani played a significant role in feeding Trump conspiracy theories. It's hard to deny that's true.

Bolton called Giuliani a hand grenade and he was right.

Then-national security adviser John Bolton was distressed about Rudy Giuliani. Trump's personal lawyer had bypassed established procedure for representing the White House with a foreign leader and had launched a secret back channel of communication with Ukraine. The shadowy moves were so potentially combustible that Bolton in private meetings earlier this year called Giuliani "a hand grenade who is going to blow everybody up."

Did anyone force Trump to hire Guiliani?

No, but that doesn't change the fact that Giuliani is a terrible attorney who did considerable damage by encouraging Trump's propensity to believe conspiracy theories.

I'm in no way trying to minimize Trump's role in his own downfall. But Giuliani is certainly the second most responsible person here.

I don't think that analogy makes sense. I'm saying that Giuliani played a significant role in feeding Trump conspiracy theories. It's hard to deny that's true.

Bolton called Giuliani a hand grenade and he was right.

Just remember that Donnie pulled the pin on the hand grenade as he was handing it to Rudy and Rudy was too debauched by alcohol and debt to figure out that Donnie had turned him into a suicide bomber.

Not a bad batch of mixed metaphors if I do say so myself.:)

Back
Top Bottom