• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is gayness a birth defect?

Good point, and that depends of course on what one believes may or may not be in control of the nature. Random design, or intelligent design.
Even if you go with intelligent design, that doesn't then automatically lead to all outcomes being planned. The variables and equations and such for the basic operations, including evolution, could have been put into place, and then step back and see what develops. And for the record, when I look at ID, I am not automatically equating it with religious type gods doing the design, as some do. I'm perfectly willing to dive in on theorizing on simulation or group of higher being scientists as the creators. Whether I believe it or not is also a separate issue.

How is nature benefited by it? Aberrant animal behavior serves no more purpose to nature any more than aberrant human behavior does.
It's not about whether nature "benefits" or not. Nature doesn't care. It's about whether it benefits the population.
So, back to the original question: is it a defect to be abberant? In animals maybe it is? In humans capable of higher reason, couldn't it just be a choice?
Sexual orientation is not a choice.

Good point, and that depends of course on what one believes may or may not be in control of the nature. Random design, or intelligent design.
If you believe in intelligent design nature is still pretty random particularly if you're Christian you're taught to go against your sinful nature. Man,s nature is sin

If you believe in intelligent design nature is still pretty random particularly if you're Christian you're taught to go against your sinful nature. Man,s nature is sin
Man's entire nature is fallen. So, on the topic of "sin", it is not my belief that one sin is worse than any other sin in the eyes of the creator.

If you believe in intelligent design nature is still pretty random particularly if you're Christian you're taught to go against your sinful nature.
One merely has to look at the fossil record, with its myriad freak show of fossils and some dead ends, clearly shows nature is anything but "designed." Randomness is the opposite of design.

Man's entire nature is fallen. So, on the topic of "sin", it is not my belief that one sin is worse than any other sin in the eyes of the creator.
I was seeing how a nature doesn't follow intelligent design. At least not in a Christian sense

One merely has to look at the fossil record, with its myriad freak show of fossils and some dead ends, clearly shows nature is anything but "designed." Randomness is the opposite of design.
Well there's no evidence that there's any intelligence behind it that's for sure and you can't gather that by looking at it

Well there's no evidence that there's any intelligence behind it that's for sure and you can't gather that by looking at it
Exactly. But for the sake of argument, if there were design, it's safe to say it's a bad design.

Exactly. But for the sake of argument, if there were design, it's safe to say it's a bad design.
I'm not sure I would say it's a bad design nature as a whole seems to be quite the survivor. If it was by design that would be a feature not a bug

It's not about whether nature "benefits" or not. Nature doesn't care. It's about whether it benefits the population.
Or... how it benefits a creator. Which is an answer that cannot be determined outside of theology.

I was merely giving MY answer to a person who asked me why I believed the way I do.

I didn't present my definition I don't have esoteric definitions.
Maybe it's because I don't desperately need to suggest everything
I disagree with is some sort of defect mental illness or brokenness.
I guess I'm just not that much of a snowflake.
1657077258139.png

Social justice warrior kind of an old meme. Basically right wing version of woke. They're just as bad.
Are you saying that SJW is used by the right to describe the left or applied to the right by the left? As the term is used, not in relation to the behavior, which I agree is on both side.

Are you saying that SJW is used by the right to describe the left or applied to the right by the left? As the term is used, not in relation to the behavior, which I agree is on both side.

I personally have never seen any Lefty apply the term to any Rightie.

Both actually. It's not a left or right thing exist on both sides. They just have different words for them

So you think the homosexual gene is "hiding" among heterosexuals.

Question: If homosexuality is genetic then wouldn't the heterosexual carrying the gene be homosexual?

This is the problem with the belief that homosexuality is genetic!!!
We carry 1000's of dormant or recessive genes that are "masked" by dominant ones. You have no clue how genetics works and that is just one of your problems. You also seem to think you might be gay. Are you sexually attracted to other men?

Both actually. It's not a left or right thing exist on both sides. They just have different words for them
Snowflake, I agree. But as @Ouroboros pointed out, I've never heard SJW applied to anyone from the right before.

Snowflake, I agree. But as @Ouroboros pointed out, I've never heard SJW applied to anyone from the right before.
As I said it's kind of a dead meme. But I don't know what else to call it.

It's the same thing typically over different topics. Last month I saw a few videos by conservative snowflakes crying about ads that were targeted toward pride month. They were mega triggered and they were on a rampage about it. Most of them were commercials aired in Norway.

If you were a professional horse breeder and your young stud that you had invested a small fortune in was only interested in attempting to breed other males, would you say it had a birth defect?
maybe......or it could be the only mares around are actually into Foxes

Back
Top Bottom