• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Is FOXNEWS fair and balanced?

Is FOXNEWS fair and balanced?

• Yes, they present both sides of issue

Votes: 20 26.7%
  • No, they definatly slant toward conservative news

Votes: 50 66.7%
  • I don't watch FOXNEWS

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • They used to be very conservative, now they are fair and balanced.

Votes: 3 4.0%

• Total voters
Fox is there to sell something and it isn't just the "Abdominizer" or "Cortislim." Fox take bits of real news "the suns gonna rise tomorrow" "the ocean is deep" and laces that between things like "everyone knows how great Bush is doing" "These tax cuts are helping everybody, any body can see that." It's all by design. Murdoch's interests are in FCC deregulation and corporate tax cuts. He's put forth this agenda of lies, wrapped it in scripture and the American flag then sold it to a large number of honest hard working people. All this so he can make some more money. How much is enough Rupert? He and Roger Ailes should both be deported.

vauge said:
"Well, it looks like we've won folks." then something along the lines of we can probably start wrapping this up cause New Mexico will not make a difference.

Was he saying:

1. Bush won, he was on that side, as well as the entire panel. Let's celebrate!
2. There is finally a winner! That winner is Bush - we can call it a night soon.

I think it depends on your perspective.

Could he also have been saying that they got the results of viewership back, and they had the best ratings? :D

I think you did good Vague, Nice work. Coming from a conservative such as yourself I'm impressed by your review.
Thank you! :)

Remember this was not the arguement that I wanted. It is very tough to say anything in a paper limited to only 3 pages!

vauge said:
Thank you! :)

Remember this was not the arguement that I wanted. It is very tough to say anything in a paper limited to only 3 pages!
It is hard to write concisely, especially when limited by space or number of words.

What exactly do you mean when you say it's not the arguement you wanted?

I wanted to proove that they are indeed "Fair and Balanced".

Couldn't do it. :(

vauge said:
I wanted to proove that they are indeed "Fair and Balanced".

Couldn't do it. :(
Oh, sorry I couldn't seem to get what you were saying.

Well I'd like to think that beer makes me funny and better looking. So far my wife's not buying it.

It might surprise you know that I used to watch Fox quite a bit. In fact I'll bet I watched them more then any other cable news. But after I lost my arguement that they were basically "fair and balanced." I've felt forced to rethink a few things. You might also be surprised to know that I didn't vote for Clinton and I did vote for Bush in 2000. In fact after seeing the first Gore/Bush debate I said I didn't know if Bush could find water if he we're floating in a boat, But Gore might well take credit for inventing both the boat and the water. I prefered the guy who needed help finding the water.

fox news has a monopoly on right wing news (news shouldnt have a wing ) but its better than watching the liberal news casts CoUgH "DAN RATHERS" CoUgH "MEMOGATE" CoUgH

I must admit I don't watch Fox anymore. I got sickened by people like Sean Hannity shouting down those who disagreed with him, and continually attempting to change the subject when he was losing a debate.
I was sickened by Fox having air-heads like Ann Coulter on and traitors to our constitution like Ollie North, presenting him as some sort of hero.
I did enjoy Bill O'Reilly, but even he is a proven liar, so if I watch FOX at all, it's mostly for the laughs.

I actually watch C-Span now...the only true network that takes no stance or position...the only true "Fair and Balanced" network.
Although I can't catch it in the morning on days I work, C-Span has a great call in segment that starts about 6 AM central.
You can hear Democrats, Republicans..all types calling in to express their views...a great representation of America that allows you to hear different viewpoints without the sickening spin from the vast conservative media.

Hoot said:
I must admit I don't watch Fox anymore. I got sickened by people like Sean Hannity shouting down those who disagreed with him, and continually attempting to change the subject when he was losing a debate.
I was sickened by Fox having air-heads like Ann Coulter on and traitors to our constitution like Ollie North, presenting him as some sort of hero.
I did enjoy Bill O'Reilly, but even he is a proven liar, so if I watch FOX at all, it's mostly for the laughs.

I actually watch C-Span now...the only true network that takes no stance or position...the only true "Fair and Balanced" network.
Although I can't catch it in the morning on days I work, C-Span has a great call in segment that starts about 6 AM central.
You can hear Democrats, Republicans..all types calling in to express their views...a great representation of America that allows you to hear different viewpoints without the sickening spin from the vast conservative media.

Fox is a complete joke. Sadly too many don't get that it is a joke. Or they just like the lies they're being told so much they're willing to look past the lies and BS.

I try to watch C-Span but it's so mundane at times, isn't it? I find myself nodding off.

Pacridge said:
Fox is a complete joke. Sadly too many don't get that it is a joke. Or they just like the lies they're being told so much they're willing to look past the lies and BS.

I try to watch C-Span but it's so mundane at times, isn't it? I find myself nodding off.

Yeah, C-Span can be a bore. All those sessions in the House and what not...can't sit through those.
But once in a while they show cool stuff.
I saw a great debate between Ann Coulter and Peter Beinhart... and sometimes they have discussion panels at universities...etc...and during the last campaign they showed a lot of out of the way speechs in small towns.

Blah blah blah..I take it back.
C-Span sucks.

Hoot said:
Yeah, C-Span can be a bore. All those sessions in the House and what not...can't sit through those.
But once in a while they show cool stuff.
I saw a great debate between Ann Coulter and Peter Beinhart... and sometimes they have discussion panels at universities...etc...and during the last campaign they showed a lot of out of the way speechs in small towns.

Blah blah blah..I take it back.
C-Span sucks.

I've tried, I really have tried to watch more C-Span. Yes, they do have some "cool" things on but most of it's just so blan. I guess I need that fluff. Guess I've been pre-programed to need the flash and "entertainment" mixed into my news. Too bad really, they are the one source left that seems to present just the facts as they happen.

Pacridge said:
I've tried, I really have tried to watch more C-Span. Yes, they do have some "cool" things on but most of it's just so blan. I guess I need that fluff. Guess I've been pre-programed to need the flash and "entertainment" mixed into my news. Too bad really, they are the one source left that seems to present just the facts as they happen.

That's actually true....isn't that a rarity these days?

I can understand your 'fluff' need. It's escapism for me.

The news is like a broadway show these days.
Gotta keep the viewer from changing the channel!
Gotta keep those ratings up...gotta keep the money flowing in!
Gotta have a hot girl doing the weather.

I had a college prof that was distraught at the way the "news" was becoming part of the entertainment complex. He was totally against it...thought it was sacriledge to the sacred text of 'who, what , why, where, when' journalism. LOL
Of course, he was an old fart. He'd love C-Span...that's how he thought it should be done.

FOX SHOULD CHANGE THEIR NAME TO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE KING WACO :p :razz: ON FOX BIGEST CLAIM TO FAME!!
UNTIL BILL-IT REILLY FACTOR-IT-A-LIE

""""WAS INSIDE EDITION or as must people think of as TRASH NEWS"""

WILL YOU PLEASE BUY MY BOOK !!!!!!!!

WILL YOU PLEASE BUY MY NEWS LETTER !!!!!!!

WILL YOU PLEASE BUY :razz: :p MY FOX BULL-IT REILLY GEAR!!!!!

ME !! ME!!ME!!!ME!! ----I'M SO SMART I'M SO SMART!! I'M SO SMART

BUY---SELL--BUY--SELL-- BUY--SELL--BUY--SELL--BUY--SELL--BUY--SELL

Freedom69 said:
FOX SHOULD CHANGE THEIR NAME TO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE KING WACO :p :razz: ON FOX BIGEST CLAIM TO FAME!!
UNTIL BILL-IT REILLY FACTOR-IT-A-LIE

""""WAS INSIDE EDITION or as must people think of as TRASH NEWS"""

WILL YOU PLEASE BUY MY BOOK !!!!!!!!

WILL YOU PLEASE BUY MY NEWS LETTER !!!!!!!

WILL YOU PLEASE BUY :razz: :p MY FOX BULL-IT REILLY GEAR!!!!!

ME !! ME!!ME!!!ME!! ----I'M SO SMART I'M SO SMART!! I'M SO SMART

BUY---SELL--BUY--SELL-- BUY--SELL--BUY--SELL--BUY--SELL--BUY--SELL

Even a lot of conservatives are catching on to the likes of O'Reilly. His rating have taken a hit, though a small one. Many are, I think, starting to see his this guy for what he is- a lair. I think the combination of the sex scandal, which didn't help with the far right, and the blatant ongoing lies have started to hurt him. He's made the common error of attempting to lie to cover up lies. The "I never said that" only to have it on tape doesn't go over well. A mistake he's repeatedly made. He said on a Mike Wallace "60 Minutes" interview "my wife owns a foreign (I don't remember the make) car but I won't ride in it or drive it" The next day tons of left leaning blogs had pictures of him driving around town in it posted all over their site. Not a smart move.

Freedom... the boards changes your capitol letters to all small case already. I just verified it after it was turned on in your last incident a couple of weeks ago.

Then you blatantly go back and re-capitolize all the words while editing.

You have been *requested* already not to post using all capitols.

The result of your actions has made a change to only allow editing on posts for 10 mins. If it happens again, editing will be unavailable to you.

I just finished the Al Franken book..."Lies, and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them." (A fair and balanced look at the right)
A great read by the way, plus he backs up every single thing in the book.
I like what Al Franken concludes about FOX......

"Watching Fox makes you stupid."

Hoot said:
I just finished the Al Franken book..."Lies, and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them." (A fair and balanced look at the right)
A great read by the way, plus he backs up every single thing in the book.
I like what Al Franken concludes about FOX......

"Watching Fox makes you stupid."

Yep, and when you fact check Al you'll find out he's not lying to you. Nice change. There's a web site that I found that accusses Al of lying, but when you fact check them you find out their full of it.

I had a few minutes to spare and walked into a Borders Books the other day. I tried that thing Al did with one of Coulter's book's. I don't remember which one he used, I used "How to talk to a Liberal." Almost took me 20 mins. to find a lie. In my defense I didn't have Internet access and I do walk kind of slow. After I got home I did some more resreach and found that even in her responses to his nailing her for lying- you guessed it, she's lying.

So what, fox may slant a little to the right, every other news group cnn, msnbc, etc is nothing but liberals. So if fox isn't real news because it has some what of a right wing slant, than every other news group isn't real news because thay are blatantly Bush bashing liberals. Hay if you don't like fox news its your prerogative, don't watch my news and I wont watch yours. No news group is unbiased, leave us Conservatives our one yall have all the rest of them to choose from.

Ok yall want to talk about our Bill, Oreilly, and say hes a lier. I thank you need to look at yalls Bill, Clinton, the king of liers, I dont thank ther was any one beffor him nore will ther be any one after that can out lie that man. He just keept :spin: ing the truth and :spin: ing the truth intell some one finley buys what hes saleing.

Noone is better than Clinton-except for George W. Bush

Oh come on you cant even compare Clinton to Bush, since win has Bush sat in front of the US Supreme court and lied. The only way you could even believe Bush is a bigger lier than Clinton is if you watched that stupid michel moore and where naive enuff to believe that garbage.

skabanger13 said:
Ok yall want to talk about our Bill, Oreilly, and say hes a lier. I thank you need to look at yalls Bill, Clinton, the king of liers, I dont thank ther was any one beffor him nore will ther be any one after that can out lie that man. He just keept :spin: ing the truth and :spin: ing the truth intell some one finley buys what hes saleing.

Yep Clinton lied, though he didn't lie to the Supreme Court as you suggest in a later post. But what's that got to do with the fact that O'Reilly lies constantly to his viewers? I don't understand. It's like you're saying "yeah well it's OK that our guy's lying because your guy lied too, in fact you're guy lied- first so there". How about everybody just stop lying?

skabanger13 said:
Oh come on you cant even compare Clinton to Bush, since win has Bush sat in front of the US Supreme court and lied. The only way you could even believe Bush is a bigger lier than Clinton is if you watched that stupid michel moore and where naive enuff to believe that garbage.

First, read Pacridge's post. How 'bout Bush lying about the WMDs? The Iraq 9/11 connection? The SS 'going bakrupt in 2042' (his current lie)? during his campaign he said he will not make and amendment against gay marriage and is now pursuing one? These are lies, plain and simple.

Back
Top Bottom