• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is foxnews bias with its on network?

Jaygodmedia

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Been watching foxnews since 1996. And look i understand the platform but if your opinions are a bunch of lies and your 1 hour of the real news is based on facts and research and not gossiping! For 1 hour a day foxnews disagree with most of it network opinions about the news so... what are you really feeding the folks whom are uninformed ?
St. Johns 8:44
So said...

I listen to Fox, MSNBC and CNN in my car on Sirius/XM. Can't stand to watch any of it on TV. I'm not a fan of the opinion shows, like Hannity or Chris Matthews, because they obviously spin things pretty extremely to the point where it's just a caricature of anything close to news. I really like Special Report on Fox because of the format; a combination of real news reporting and then a mixed panel discussion. Stephanie Ruehl (sp?) on MSNBC in the morning can be a pretty strident partisan, but she has moments where I really like her. She'll be interviewing someone and it's going about as partisan as one would expect, when out of the blue she'll ask a question challenging the guest's opinion. That's when the interview becomes more interesting and informative. CNN really doesn't make much of an impression on me one way or the other.

For the most part, Fox is a PR arm for the administration.

Been watching foxnews since 1996. And look i understand the platform but if your opinions are a bunch of lies and your 1 hour of the real news is based on facts and research and not gossiping! For 1 hour a day foxnews disagree with most of it network opinions about the news so... what are you really feeding the folks whom are uninformed ?
St. Johns 8:44
So said...

Foxnews provides the "balance" in a sea of fake news. When every other media outlets swerves far far far left, foxnews provides the much needed balance which is nearly required in our society to balance things out.

Foxnews is unique. They have unique talent. CNN and MSNBC are fungible. They have fungible assets.

Foxnews has an important place in our politics. They need to be protected. I remember when Obama said he wanted to "take out" Sean Hannity. Shameful.

Exactly, like when Bret Baier said that Fox News stands with CNN when Trump had that reporter barred from that event! They are in Trump's pocket!

That's like saying "for the most part" CNN, MSNBC, the NYT, and WaPo, et. al. are attack dogs for the Democrats and served as PR firms for the Obama Administration. :shrug:

Last edited:
Exactly, like when Bret Baier said that Fox News stands with CNN when Trump had that reporter barred from that event! They are in Trump's pocket!
There's exception. Shep Smith and Special Report, for instance. But most of the rest is pure administration PR, including the entire programing nightly round-up, The Five, Outnumbered, Fox & Friends, etc.

That's like saying "for the most part" CNN, MSNBC, the NYT, and WaPo, et. al. are attack dogs for the Democrats and served as PR firms for the Obama Administration. :shrug:
I essentially see them as proper independent journalism. The work they're doing is for the most part reasonably accurate. They are acting as a proper Fourth Estate, and a democratic institution, in my opinion.

I see very little independence with Fox, and in essence the Trump Administration staff and Fox staff has become a revolving door.

Foxnews provides the "balance" in a sea of fake news. When every other media outlets swerves far far far left, foxnews provides the much needed balance which is nearly required in our society to balance things out.

Foxnews is unique. They have unique talent. CNN and MSNBC are fungible. They have fungible assets.

Foxnews has an important place in our politics. They need to be protected. I remember when Obama said he wanted to "take out" Sean Hannity. Shameful.

I could not disagree with you more give examples of cnn or msnbc own news reporters fact checking its co workers! In this case here with shep and hanitty. Hell just bring oreliy back tucker is horrible.

Back
Top Bottom