• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is FOX News Mainstream?

Is FOX News Mainstream?

• Total voters
well if you consider the sewer drains they are main stream.....

I don't like FOX News, but yes, it's still MSM, just like CNN and MSNBC. And in all three cases it's the prime-time talking heads at all three channels that are partisan hacks, on both sides.

It's mainstream in the sense that there are millions of people who watch it, and most of them are just mildly conservative normies, rather than crazy Q conspiracy nuts. But none of the cable channels are mainstream if you look at their age demographics. Only old people watch cable news. I would barely be aware of its existence, aside from the occasional clip that gets posted to social media when someone says something horrible.

It all depends on the definition of "mainstream."

Since its ratings are better than the two other big cable news channels, apparently a lot of people feel that overall they get a pretty good picture of domestic and international news by watching FOX.

I thank Mr. Murdoch for FOX.

I wish that there were a daily print newspaper called Fox News. But I realize the era of print newspapers is over.

The question asked , is it main stream news? It is not. It is far right propaganda.
The question has nothing to do with the things you site.
Your feelings are noted but there's nothing that makes your claim a statement of fact, thanks for playing LOL

Clearly, I understand English.
Your feelings are noted but there's nothing that makes your claim a statement of fact, thanks for playing LOL

Since the numbers consistently say that FOX News has the highest ratings overall of all of the news networks. Would it be safe to say that are just as mainstream, if not more than, the other networks, based on the numbers?
Not any more. It is no longer news as evidenced by the fact that almost all (if not all) of their real news people have left (complaining about Fox's lack of commitment to journalism). The compete with NewsMax and OAN for viewers. They do not compete with mainstream outlets.

It fits the criteria for being main stream, no matter its political lean.
Its not the political lean (the X-Axis) that is the issue; its the lack of factual integrity (the Y-axis) that is the problem. The green box has the mainstream news within... Fox is down in the orange.

Media-Bias-Chart-9.0_January-2022.jpg

Last edited:
FoxNews/Pravda is a tool used by the 1% to bamboozle those who fancy themselves "conservatives." Real conservatives have been silenced by far right cancel culture.

It all depends on the definition of "mainstream."

Since its ratings are better than the two other big cable news channels, apparently a lot of people feel that overall they get a pretty good picture of domestic and international news by watching FOX.

I thank Mr. Murdoch for FOX.

I wish that there were a daily print newspaper called Fox News. But I realize the era of print newspapers is over.
How would they know? Are we talking about facts or just feelings?

I don't like FOX News, but yes, it's still MSM, just like CNN and MSNBC.

Fox does alternative facts and far right wing propaganda. You should never put that into the same category at MSNBC and CNN who delivery news.

I consider CNN, MSNBC, FOX...the channels that you can view on your TV without having to pay an additional "subscription" charge to be standard, mainstream media.
With that, is places like TYT and Steven Crowder mainstream since you can watch them free on YouTube?

Not any more. It is no longer news as evidenced by the fact that almost all (if not all) of their real news people have left (complaining about Fox's lack of commitment to journalism). The compete with NewsMax and OAN for viewers. They do not compete with mainstream outlets.
That makes me wonder, if you put stations like FOX, Newsmax, and OANN in a bucket, MSNBC and left leaning stations in another, and truly neutral stations in another, which bucket has the most viewers?

Yes. Fox is mainstream media. They just don't quite follow the rest of the mainstream media in lockstep. But make no mistake...Fox is NOT a hotbed of Trump supporters. They have only perfected their ability to walk the line to their advantage.
Wrong

Fox does alternative facts and far right wing propaganda. You should never put that into the same category at MSNBC and CNN who delivery news.
Well, you conveniently cut off the portion of my response that addresses the partisanship of all 3 channels by their prime-time talking heads, lol.

Well, you conveniently cut off the portion of my response that addresses the partisanship of all 3 channels by their prime-time talking heads, lol.

Sorry, it is not the same . Not the same at all. Apples and oranges.
Neither MSNBC or CNN do alternative fact nor propaganda.

Sorry, it is not the same . Not the same at all. Apples and oranges.
Neither MSNBC or CNN do alternative fact nor propaganda.
I will agree that Tucker, Hannity and a female whose name I forget are in a "class" by themselves when it comes to unapologetic, unmitigated propaganda and lies, but bias is in the mind of the beholder. Although these folks appall me, the fact remains that 30-40% of American voters agree with them. Now that is scary.

I will agree that Tucker, Hannity and a female whose name I forget are in a "class" by themselves when it comes to unapologetic, unmitigated propaganda and lies, but bias is in the mind of the beholder. Although these folks appall me, the fact remains that 30-40% of American voters agree with them. Now that is scary.
is it bias if the truth aligns with the dems? Or is it honest reporting?

See the differance?

Since the numbers consistently say that FOX News has the highest ratings overall of all of the news networks. Would it be safe to say that are just as mainstream, if not more than, the other networks, based on the numbers?
The news portion is not that bad... Chris Wallace was excellent. It is their idiotic shows with Tucker and Bill O that are a joke. That said, I have not watched FOX in probably two years.

is it bias if the truth aligns with the dems? Or is it honest reporting?

See the differance?
Hmm. You're in the mood to argue, and I'm just in the mood to discuss. I'm going to drop out now. Have a pleasant evening.

With that, is places like TYT and Steven Crowder mainstream since you can watch them free on YouTube?

Stephen Crowder's channel is MUCH more successful than The Young Turks, but he's still not mainstream, IMO.

if we are just talking about evening news items then yes, Fox News does have a mainstream influence (even if it is almost solely from a right wing point of view) but the high rating evening shows, the Hannity and Poo Face Tucker are not mainstream, not even close to mainstream.

Hmm. You're in the mood to argue, and I'm just in the mood to discuss. I'm going to drop out now. Have a pleasant evening.

Argue?

I made a very valid point. A very important distinction. Just because someone disagrees with your post does not mean they want to argue.

Geeez.

Seems to me you ran out when I made a valid distinction and chose to through rocks as you ran.

It is very important to reject the mindless chants of CNN is liberal bias and Fox is Republican bias. Its simply not true and my remark makes this clear.

Honest, I resent you running and throwing stones. My point is valid and correct.

Back
Top Bottom