• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Is forgiveness needed for crossdressing

roguenuke

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
I have a couple of questions for you:
Do you consider crossdressing a sin and what do you base this on?
or
Do you consider crossdressing to just be wrong, but not a sin?

Now everyone who would not answer yes to either of these probably has no problem with crossdressing at all.

But along with this I have to ask those who say it is wrong, but not a sin, would a person still need to ask for forgiveness for crossdressing? Would it depend on how the person is crossdressing? What kind of clothing/appearance would be considered wrong?

Now I have absolutely no problem with crossdressing at all, but I was just wondering how some religious people feel about crossdressers. We tend to have a crossdressing story in BN every so often that gets a lot of attention but only addresses how some people view crossdressing as a mental disorder, not actually getting into whether this belief is due to their religion although many who see it as wrong tend to also be those who view homosexuality as a sin. Now, homosexuality and crossdressing are actually two completely different things but many people view all crossdressers as homosexuals, no matter what the reality is.

What is considered male or female clothing is entirely culturally dependent. Nobody would claim a 13th scotsman was dressing like a woman for wearing a kilt. The same tunic that today makes women look pregnant might have been worn by Jesus. Even the founder fathers wore knee pants that are pretty much the same as capri's.

No, cross dressing is not a sin. Therefore does not need forgiveness.

From what i can gather the whole reason people cross dress is to get a reaction out of people.Im not talking about transexuals.Im talking about guys who go out wearing a dress.People should just take up the attitude of not being impressed.

A sin is an act which is evil. Crossdressing is wearing clothes. I don't understand the question.

From what i can gather the whole reason people cross dress is to get a reaction out of people.Im not talking about transexuals.Im talking about guys who go out wearing a dress.People should just take up the attitude of not being impressed.

Not really. Crossdressers are usually guys that actually feel more comfortable and, from what I've seen of my brother, more confident being dressed as a woman. Some might be waiting to go through treatments to actually be more like a woman or to physically be a woman, and these would be the transsexual crossdressers. Others may be content with just staying a man, but dressing as a woman.

Most aren't doing it for attention or reactions. They are actually doing it to relieve the stress of their life, more often than not.

A sin is an act which is evil. Crossdressing is wearing clothes. I don't understand the question.

The questions were meant to get some points-of-view from those who comment on story's about how it is wrong for a girl to wear a tux or a guy to wear dresses, whether to school or around town. I just haven't got any of those people to answer me yet.

who gives a rat's ass what people wear?

It's a social taboo, not a religious one, no matter how the devout may try to call it a sin. There is nothing in any holy book that talks about dressing as a woman.

Statistically, the overwhelming majority of cross dressers are straight men, and many of them are married. They lead a double life, but no sin is being committed.

I'm more concerned about the guys wearing ass-less leather pants than cross dressers.

do you really want to have to look at that???

dat's why. lighten up...it was a joke.

I'm not annoyed, I was just asking you a question. No need to get all defensive.

No one is forcing you to look at it. In fact, you are the one who just posted a pic of leather chaps to this thread for everyone to see. If you don't want to look at it or think others shouldn't be subjected to it, then why do it?

Leather chaps don't offend me... but then, I don't do google searches for them like you do. :shrug:

I'm not annoyed, I was just asking you a question. No need to get all defensive.

No one is forcing you to look at it. In fact, you are the one who just posted a pic of leather chaps to this thread for everyone to see. If you don't want to look at it or think others shouldn't be subjected to it, then why do it?

Leather chaps don't offend me... but then, I don't do google searches for them like you do. :shrug:

now who's getting all defensive? :lamo

now who's getting all defensive? :lamo

I'm not. You need to learn the difference between pointing out someone's fallacy, and being offended.

If anything, I'm amused by your contradictory behaviour.

If anything, I'm amused by your contradictory behaviour.

tis an age old tactic, keep em guessing, that way they can never figure out your true intentions until it is too late. ;-)

tis an age old tactic, keep em guessing, that way they can never figure out your true intentions until it is too late. ;-)

You are just too clever. I am having so much trouble figuring out what your original intentions were.:rolleyes:

You are just too clever. I am having so much trouble figuring out what your original intentions were.:rolleyes:

that's because I didn't have any original intentions in this thread. it's a completely stupid topic and deserving of no serious discussion.

or

Now everyone who would not answer yes to either of these probably has no problem with crossdressing at all.

But along with this I have to ask those who say it is wrong, but not a sin, would a person still need to ask for forgiveness for crossdressing? Would it depend on how the person is crossdressing? What kind of clothing/appearance would be considered wrong?

Now I have absolutely no problem with crossdressing at all, but I was just wondering how some religious people feel about crossdressers. We tend to have a crossdressing story in BN every so often that gets a lot of attention but only addresses how some people view crossdressing as a mental disorder, not actually getting into whether this belief is due to their religion although many who see it as wrong tend to also be those who view homosexuality as a sin. Now, homosexuality and crossdressing are actually two completely different things but many people view all crossdressers as homosexuals, no matter what the reality is.

Why are you asking people to judge other people? For heaven's sake (pun intended), why would cross-dressing be wrong OR a sin? They're just CLOTHES, man!!

Why are you asking people to judge other people? For heaven's sake (pun intended), why would cross-dressing be wrong OR a sin? They're just CLOTHES, man!!

I'm not asking people to judge others. I want to know the opinions of those who already do judge others and why they feel that way. I know that there are people on this board who already do judge crossdressers for how they dress, I have debated them on other threads with specific cases, such as the girl wanting to wear a tux to prom or a boy who wanted to dress as a girl in school. I was trying to open a debate with people who have the belief that crossdressing is a sin or is wrong.

I'm not asking people to judge others. I want to know the opinions of those who already do judge others and why they feel that way. I know that there are people on this board who already do judge crossdressers for how they dress, I have debated them on other threads with specific cases, such as the girl wanting to wear a tux to prom or a boy who wanted to dress as a girl in school. I was trying to open a debate with people who have the belief that crossdressing is a sin or is wrong.

I have no problem with people cross dressing. what confuses me is why someone with breasts and a vagina thinks they should be called a man, just because they don't "feel" like a girl.

like the pregnant "man" that the media made such a big deal over several years ago like it was some kind of medical miracle..."man gives birth" etc... bull ****ing ****, it was a woman who had her breasts surgically removed and took hormone shots so she could grow a beard. she still had a fully functional uterus and vag and stopped taking her hormone therapy so she could ovulate and get preggers.

or

It's ok with me.

I have no problem with people cross dressing. what confuses me is why someone with breasts and a vagina thinks they should be called a man, just because they don't "feel" like a girl.

like the pregnant "man" that the media made such a big deal over several years ago like it was some kind of medical miracle..."man gives birth" etc... bull ****ing ****, it was a woman who had her breasts surgically removed and took hormone shots so she could grow a beard. she still had a fully functional uterus and vag and stopped taking her hormone therapy so she could ovulate and get preggers.

Gender has more to do with how we feel. Sex has more to do with what we are. Someopne may be a of the male sex, for example, but be of the female gender. If the two don't match, that can be a problem. There may be no good way to deal with that problem. I'm not sure any of us should tell someone whow they should handle that problem.

Because it isn't any of your business what he wishes to be called. Honestly, you wouldn't have known he had been a she if he wouldn't have gotten pregnant and it made big news. If you met him on the street, there is a good chance that you would have thought you were meeting someone who was born a guy (before the pregnancy anyway). Even with guys that become girls, you can't know for sure, unless you know from them or someone who knows them that they were born a guy. There are some guys out there who really do look like girls and there are some girls out there who really do look like guys, so although you could believe that you are right about someone being a crossdresser by just looking at them, you are still making a guess without other information.

Back
Top Bottom