• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is Fixing Income Inequality Actually Un-American?

Is that right? So filing for bankruptcy is basically a meaningless event, in yer opinion.

When you are having an EM dismantle your city's budget because you can't afford it it isn't that much different than a structured dismantling of your city's budget because you can't afford it. In fact, Earley specifically threatened going to bankruptcy just to force the city of concede his budget cutting demands.

>>I'm glad you admit that Earley, a DEMOCRAT, is a piece of garbage.

I've made it clear all along that his party affiliation is irrelevant. He was a municipal official appointed by a Republican governor, carrying out the policy preferences of that Republican governor. Why do you think Snyder appointed him? Because of a fundamental disagreement about the way Flint was to be managed?

Oh BS, you have not. Who do you honestly think you are fooling?

>>He was the one to send the message to Detroit that Flint would be discontinuing the use of Detroit water.

It's the failure to properly treat the water that poisoned the children.

So when Early finalized the plan to cut over to Flint River water had he taken the necessary steps to ensure the water was properly treated?

>>putting Democrats in charge of a school district is usually a terrible idea.

When a lying weasel like Synder picks them I will agree.

Nope, Detroit schools have been terrible for a very very long time, and almost entirely a Democrat run cesspool.

>>Earley was a what? A DEMOCRAT? Yeah, you keep avoiding that point.

How have I "avoided" it? I've dismissed it as irrelevant. Snyder appointed him.

Because you were the one that decided to make Flint water a REPUBLICAN issue. You are still trying.

>>Had he been a REPUBLICAN you wouldn't stop talking about it.

I would feel the same way. Does it matter what religion he practices or which sports teams he cheers for?

You tell me. These subdivisions seem to matter more to you than most. But you are a democrat, so subdividing is in your blood.

>>if he were a Republican and the Governor were a Democrat you would insist that the EM take all of the blame.

Just more of yer worthless garbage.

Everyone has your number, mmi. Your denial doesn't change anyone's opinion.

Is Obama responsible for Benghazi? I just want to see how far up the chain that tragedy goes with you.

>>the water was treated … the treatment of the water didn't sufficiently neutralize the pH to keep the water from eroding the aging lead pipes.

Yeah, it was treated with chlorine for bacteria. Not being treated to avoid pipe corrosion is the issue — that's what poisoned the children.

And to you this is an issue that none of the Democrats at ground level could have done anything about? When Earley made the switch to Flint River water was he negligent?

>>It's funny to see you playing and grammar police and spell checker and then you make purposeful stupid misstatement like that.

I'm glad yer amused. Yer statement was, "There was no such block of water treatment. The water in Flint was treated."

And I am correct. Where do you get your information that Republicans blocked neutralizing the pH in order to poison black Flint residents? You made the stupid claim, you back it up.

The relevant treatment was not applied, and that occurred because Snyder's DEQ blocked it. Civil and criminal actions have resulted. Fwiw, I do not believe that you are being "purposely stupid." (That's the proper term here.) I figure it just comes to you naturally, without any effort being required.

You've mad ethe claim a few times but provide no evidence. Show me where the DEQ blocked neutralizing the pH of the water.

>>HAHAHAH!! Oh good grief! The CRITICAL time was when the Detroit water was shut off and the Flint River water was turned on!

The critical time was when the decision not to treat the water was made and enforced over EPA objections.

Again you make a claim you don't back up. The DEQ was using lime to control the pH but it wasn't sufficient. There was no refusal to treat the water, the treatment was insufficient to control the highly acidic Flint River water.

>>You follow the story that puts the blame of Republicans and ignores the Democrats.

Yeah, the "story," as reported by credible outlets, does indeed put the blame on Snyder and his administration and appointees. We'll see how the courts end up viewing the issues involved.

Yeah, and you determine "cedible outlets" by how well they jibe with what you want to hear.

>>You are a partisan hack, it's what you do.

I stand by my posts and ask readers to evaluate yers. They can decide as they wish.

Very gracious of you. It's not every day a life long Democrat allows others to decide for themselves. That must have hurt.

>>You are just playing the race card for shameless emotional appeal

It's actually more an issue of class than race.

So when you said he was poisoning poor black people you weren't making a racial statement? Now you are just blatantly lying.

>>you are a partisan Democrat hack and it's what you do.

Redundant there, aren't you? No matter, as none of yer other comments are of any value either.

Yeah, Partisan, Democrat and hack are redundant.

>>The irony here is you fault me for characteristics that you are displaying. Project much?

Worthless blather.

Nope, my statement is true.

>>The Republicans don't "deny" anyone anything.

Drinking water that won't poison their children? Coastal waters that aren't covered with a massive algae bloom created by industrial waste? Access to affordable health care? The list goes on and on.

Again, REPUBLICANS didn't do this. Should I blame the Democrats for the EPA mine spill? Should we blame Democrats for the lack of preparedness for the CA drought?

>>They just don't look at people as children in need of a nanny state.

I'll take a nanny any day if it keeps my kids from being brain-damaged.

And again, Republicans and Democrats played a role in the Flint water crisis. You choosing one party of the other by ignoring the culpability of your favorite party is just narrow minded BS. You'll continue to depend on the nanny state and then wonder why your kids have brain damage.

I don't trust the tap water anywhere.

>>your paragraph is just more BS appeal to emotion.

Rhetorical, yes, but all fact-based.

Nope.

>>it's "behavior", not "behaviour". :lol:

Keep laughing. I work with a lot of BrE authors and have a habit of conforming with that … inclination.

The day you can spellcheck me is one that will never come.

Hah, yeah. You spelled it wrong. Is "yer" a BrE spelling mistake as well? :lamo

>>so far you aren't making a good showing.

If you say I'm not, I'm confident that I am, not that it much matters. Children being poisoned is what counts. My read is that you don't care about that, just ragging on "Democrat politicians."

Hah, says the guy raging on Republican politicians. :roll:

>>More later..

There's something to really look forward to.

Alas, I have just been informed that I am going on a mystery mini-vacation for my birthday beginning early tomorrow morning.

I guess this conversation will end here.

Alas, I have just been informed that I am going on a mystery mini-vacation for my birthday beginning early tomorrow morning.

I guess this conversation will end here.

CONGRATULATIONS.

I usually find out that I am paying for a mystery mini vacation...

CONGRATULATIONS.

I usually find out that I am paying for a mystery mini vacation...

We're a single income household so I am technically paying for the vacation but I think being left out of the planning is the biggest gift of all! :2razz:

It will be fun, for sure.

it isn't that much different

I'd say a bankruptcy filing has significance, but this point is unimportant, imo. It only came up because you … incorrectly … stated that the city has declared bankruptcy.

>>Oh BS, you have not.

This is in response to my statement that "I've made it clear all along that his party affiliation is irrelevant." I will clarify by saying that I meant it is irrelevant to me. It's clear that that's what I was referring to, in response to yer repeated and FALSE claims that I, for partisan reasons, give a rat's ass what Earley's party affiliation is. I have said over and over and over that the elected official who appointed him, who decided he was the person to carry out the administration's goals in administering the city, was a Republican, Snyder.

As I recall, you started this magnificent contribution to political dialogue with yer usual boring rag on Demecrats, saying they're "focused on equality of outcomes rather than equality of process," and that they "created the impression of a problem and then used the division and conflict to build a political party." I objected, and pointed to a few examples of Republican officials who have "created victims."

I never said that Democrats didn't play any role in those effups. Yer the one who, gee, I think this is one of those wonderful "strawmen," you advanced the false claim that I "find only room to blame Republicans." ("Only" should be placed after "blame.") But I don't regret the exchange. You have shown yerself to be an utterly uninformed and irrational critic of Democratic liberalism. I hope others can learn something from yer pathetic exhibition.

>>Who do you honestly think you are fooling?

No one, and it was never my intention to do so. I'm confident yer not fooling anyone either. Yer too clumsy to pull that off.

>>when Early finalized the plan to cut over to Flint River water had he taken the necessary steps to ensure the water was properly treated?

Who cares? You wanna focus on Earley. Guess why? His party affiliation. The water should have been treated. Snyder's people blocked that to save a few bucks. Not complicated.

>>Detroit schools have been terrible for a very very long time, and almost entirely a Democrat run cesspool.

Again, Democrats are often elected in cities with large populations of low-income minorities. Any thinking person rejects yer superficial and worthless "analysis," if you can call it that.

>>Because you were the one that decided to make Flint water a REPUBLICAN issue. You are still trying.

Absolute BS. Snyder and his appointees caused the poisoning. They created victims. I offered it as a counter-example to yer worthless crap about Democrats.

>>These subdivisions seem to matter more to you than most.

Oh yes, of course. Which of these people are, uh, stinking papists, and even worse, which ones are, uh, horrible Tiger fans? Democrats point to bigotry … and RW jerks say, "See! They're bigots for just saying that." Keep it up. Most moderates and Independents will see that for what it is very easily.

>>you are a democrat, so subdividing is in your blood.

More RW BS. No one buys that except other RW hacks.

>>Everyone has your number, mmi.

☺ Well, it is in the phone book.

>>Your denial doesn't change anyone's opinion.

I agree. Who in their right mind would consider yer stupid lies about me and others on the Left to have any credibility to begin with?

>>Is Obama responsible for Benghazi?

Ya mean is he responsible for leading a NATO mission to prevent the slaughter of thousands of civilians in that city by forces loyal to Gaddafi? Yeah, you could say that. On the murdered ambassador, as I've asked before:

What would the Right have said about a Berkeley-educated career Foreign Service officer who started out in the Peace Corps, who was sharply criticized when he was posted at our consulate in Jerusalem for his support of the Palestinians, who played an important role in persuading Obama to go after Gaddafi, and who put the State Department and the CIA in a very difficult position because he insisted on continually risking his life by going out in the streets and working to help the Libyan people … BEFORE he was killed?​

Got an answer to that?

>>to you this is an issue that none of the Democrats at ground level could have done anything about?

That's yer strawman. I say Snyder and his people were in charge and made the fateful decisions. They created victims. So you can shove yer crap about Demecrats doing that by design to further their partisan interests. That's repugnant.

Last edited:
Very gracious of you. It's not every day a life long Democrat allows others to decide for themselves.

Until we have all you reactionaries rounded up into camps or else turned into actual fertilizer, we need to play the game and stand back a bit.

>>So when you said he was poisoning poor black people you weren't making a racial statement?

A "racial statement"? Well, there's an element of race involved — "black," in this context, means … NEGROID. And "poor" refers to a class distinction. This crap just makes people laugh. "Ooooh, they noted that those people in the low-income neighbourhoods of Flint are predominantly … African-American. That's racist!! That's the jab Colbert provides with his "I don't see race" joke. Don't ya get it?

https://www.youtube.com/embed/kUYKIKaFIEc

>>Now you are just blatantly lying.

In what way? By not "admitting" that, as a Democrat, I'm also a racist? Hilarious.

>>Again, REPUBLICANS didn't do this.

Say it three times and click yer heels.

>>Republicans and Democrats played a role in the Flint water crisis. You choosing one party of the other by ignoring the culpability of your favorite party is just narrow minded BS.

Who is responsible for actions taken by the Snyder administration and its appointees?

>>You'll continue to depend on the nanny state

Oh yeah, I'm a fervent teat-sucker. Thanks for the tax dollars, foo!

>>>and then wonder why your kids have brain damage.

Don't have any.

>>I don't trust the tap water anywhere.

Ours is fine. Demecrat governor.

>>Hah, yeah. You spelled it wrong.

>>Is "yer" a BrE spelling mistake as well? :lamo

Nope, it's AE and not a mistake. Funny how so many RWers get that wrong. I suppose it's just a habit.

Back
Top Bottom