• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Is Feminism Devisive ?

Is Feminism Divisive

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
26 X World Champs said:
Surely you are bright enough to grasp that the "natural differences" have nothing to do with respect? Ever hear of Rosie the Riveter? WWII? Back then women had to assume jobs that were traditionally male only jobs. Tell me, how'd they do? Why not look up the productivity of manufacturing in the US from 1941-1945....maybe you'd develop some more respect for people, as their gender is not a determining factor in their ability to succeed. Did you ever stop to consider that a job that requires brute strength (physical, not mental) doesn't attract women to apply the way almost all other jobs do?

See above....meaningless really as you're point is based on the exception (women wanting a physically challenging job) vs. the vast majority of women who just want a job that pays equally to a man. Are you against equal pay for equal work? I don't think you are?

Listen, for you to post claims like this you really need to show facts, especially ones that show us how in the work force this makes one bit of difference, cuz that is what we're talking about. Don't forget to show the scientific evidence (biology) that you mentioned.

Wow! This is a really pointless and prejudiced comment. Ever stop to consider that attitudes likes yours on this subject are the main reason for more men being involved in science than women? What do I mean? People like you DISCOURAGE women from these fields by their built-in prejudiced. If you have a daughter and throughout her childhood you teach her that women aren't as good as men are in science how will that effect her self-esteem and her choosing of a trade? The problem isn't the ability of a woman, the problem is the inability of women and men who beleive as you do to allow their children to be the best they can be. No offense intended, but it really is an insidious scheme to hold women back. It really is shameful.

All of these points are exceptions to the rule, not the rule. By that I mean that the vast, vast majority of women are not interested in being football players. They are interested in being treated with respect and being paid equally. When you write this stuff you are perpetuating the bigotry against women, sorry. Fortunately what you write and what is legal and Constitutional are very different.

All we need to do is encourage women to be whatever they want to be, in any field and the vast, vast majority of them will achieve equally to any man.

Want to know what I really think of your post? I think that you're basing your point of view on religious prejudice in the Bible. You are certainly smart enough to evolve (is that a bad word to use when discussing the Bible?) your ideas beyond the Bible and into the real world, especially the 21st Century.

Surely you're not one of those small thinking people who would teach their daughter that they're not as good as men and that they should forgo a career to be subservient to a man? This subservience is not only about taking care of kids, to the most prejudiced and the most blinded by the Bible it is about keeping women down, not allowing them to be equal to men. That is the really sickest portion of this discussion.

Are we to take it you are mad about something? :rofl
This is the kind of bullying fems are famed for...
Does the Rev not have a right to think and feel?
I thought we ALL had the right to Hold Religious beliefs
Are feminists so brainwashed that they dont see that they are crushing religious and moral beliefs......I think not..You have to destroy before you can have your own way dont you?

26 X World Champs said:
Surely you are bright enough to grasp that the "natural differences" have nothing to do with respect?

I am glad to hear you say that. We should be respected equally as human beings, despite the fact that there are things I can't do as well as you can, and things you can't do as well as I can.

But feminism demands that men and women are equal in all ways and should be treated as such. There is no allowance for differences in abilities and interests. Feminism is not just about equal pay for equal work and the right to vote. It's about women burdening other women to perform like men...emotionally, financially, mentally and sexually.

Personally, I like who I am. I don't want to be a man.

Ever hear of Rosie the Riveter? WWII? Back then women had to assume jobs that were traditionally male only jobs. Tell me, how'd they do? Why not look up the productivity of manufacturing in the US from 1941-1945....maybe you'd develop some more respect for people, as their gender is not a determining factor in their ability to succeed.

Funny you should bring this up...I was going to use this to address the post about how women in the work force has ruined society. :) I believe this is where the roots of women wanting to work outside the home begins. Men go to war, women go to the factories. Men come home and say to women, "Okay, back to the kitchen!" without even a thank you! Meanwhile, women got a taste of the satisfaction of having her labor validated through money. Somewhere in there couples lost sight of the common goal of building families. It became every man (and woman) for himself, and the children have paid dearly.

Am I against women working? NO! Am I against women getting paid less for her labor just because she is a woman? ABSOLUTELY! Somehow, my position on these points have been lost in the discussion.

Did you ever stop to consider that a job that requires brute strength (physical, not mental) doesn't attract women to apply the way almost all other jobs do?

My point exactly. But women who won't persue such jobs are seen as betraying the cause. THAT is what I'm against.

See above....meaningless really as you're point is based on the exception (women wanting a physically challenging job) vs. the vast majority of women who just want a job that pays equally to a man. Are you against equal pay for equal work? I don't think you are?

I'll say it again...I am NOT against equal pay for equal work.

Rev said:
Except in rare cases, men are not as able in language as women. Again, there is some biology associated with that]
Listen, for you to post claims like this you really need to show facts, especially ones that show us how in the work force this makes one bit of difference, cuz that is what we're talking about. Don't forget to show the scientific evidence (biology) that you mentioned.
Rev. said:
Except in rare cases, women are not as able in math's and sciences as men
Wow! This is a really pointless and prejudiced comment.

Disclaimer: I do not bring this up to play some kind of emotional trump card...but it bears heavily on why I say what I say next.

Three years ago, our son was diagnosed with autism. I have spent three years reading about human development, developmental delay, autism, language development, and educational philosphy. I have not been collecting documentation, but if you really need it I'll see if I can trace my research path.

But the summery of what I've learned is: boys brains develop differently than girl brains. The parts of the brain that are responsible for language are more developed in girls than boys. And the parts of the brain responsible for math and science are more developed in boys. This has bearing on autism because one of the three major disabilities associated with autism is lack of or dysfunctional language. Autism is 3x more prevelant in boys than girls.

Additionally, typical boys also have much greater visual-spatial abilities than girls. But this difference is much more pronounced it boys with autism. My son just finished another round of evaluations. At 5yo, his language ability is 3y 8m. But his visual discrimination was over 8yo.

Feminism will affect the way public school will approach teaching my son. He will be required to sit, to be still, to do endless language-based activites. Because feminism not only wants women to be like men, but they want men to be like women. And girls learn best by discussing, so that's what we demand from our boys. Feminism build up women by tearing down men. THAT IS WRONG!

Ever stop to consider that attitudes likes yours on this subject are the main reason for more men being involved in science than women? What do I mean? People like you DISCOURAGE women from these fields by their built-in prejudiced.

Why can't it be okay for women to simply not find science attractive?

If you have a daughter and throughout her childhood you teach her that women aren't as good as men are in science how will that effect her self-esteem and her choosing of a trade? The problem isn't the ability of a woman, the problem is the inability of women and men who beleive as you do to allow their children to be the best they can be. No offense intended, but it really is an insidious scheme to hold women back. It really is shameful.

FYI, my youngest dd has wanted to be a doctor since she was four. She has a lot of natural ability in that direction, so I am homeschooling her heavily in math and science to give her that foundation.

Want to know what I really think of your post? I think that you're basing your point of view on religious prejudice in the Bible.You are certainly smart enough to evolve (is that a bad word to use when discussing the Bible?) your ideas beyond the Bible and into the real world, especially the 21st Century.

:rofl

Surely you realize that anyone who can search the scripture to build a biblical arguement in favor of woman preachers and pastors cannot then use those same scripture to justify oppression of women? Give me a break!

Surely you're not one of those small thinking people who would teach their daughter that they're not as good as men and that they should forgo a career to be subservient to a man? This subservience is not only about taking care of kids, to the most prejudiced and the most blinded by the Bible it is about keeping women down, not allowing them to be equal to men. That is the really sickest portion of this discussion.

Most Christians do not believe this way. There are, of course, exceptions.

Rev. said:
I am glad to hear you say that. We should be respected equally as human beings, despite the fact that there are things I can't do as well as you can, and things you can't do as well as I can.
I agree, so let's drop the gender part of this discussion! In reality some people are better than other people in whatever field you can choose.
Rev. said:
But feminism demands that men and women are equal in all ways and should be treated as such. There is no allowance for differences in abilities and interests. Feminism is not just about equal pay for equal work and the right to vote. It's about women burdening other women to perform like men...emotionally, financially, mentally and sexually.
I respectfully disagree. Feminism to me is about everyone respecting each other without prejudice, not about treating everyone the same. I am very into equal rights for women yet I always open the door, always wait for women in the elevator to get off first, always understand the differences in the sexes, yet I feel that we are all equal as human beings. To make men more valuable as wage earners is a prejudice no matter how you spin it.
Rev. said:
Personally, I like who I am. I don't want to be a man.
Thank God! Surely you do not believe people who are pro-women's rights want women to be men, or to act like men, or to behave like men? If you do then I think you need to reconsider that position, because it isn't close to the truth.
Rev. said:
Funny you should bring this up...I was going to use this to address the post about how women in the work force has ruined society. :) I believe this is where the roots of women wanting to work outside the home begins. Men go to war, women go to the factories. Men come home and say to women, "Okay, back to the kitchen!" without even a thank you! Meanwhile, women got a taste of the satisfaction of having her labor validated through money. Somewhere in there couples lost sight of the common goal of building families. It became every man (and woman) for himself, and the children have paid dearly.
Now you see, I find this incredibly insulting. Why are you blaming women for what you perceive to be the decline of the "traditional" family unit? Why aren't men equally responsible for what you consider to be failures of society? You know in many civilized countries around the world employers provide in-house day care that allows parents to spend time with their kids during the day. We don't do that here, mostly due to discrimination and the lack of commitment to change.
Rev. said:
Am I against women working? NO! Am I against women getting paid less for her labor just because she is a woman? ABSOLUTELY! Somehow, my position on these points have been lost in the discussion.
But you are against women studying equally and therefore having equal chance to earn equal money. You think women should be in the home not in school or working, so while in theory you suggest that women should be paid equally in reality you don't think women should work. You think they should change diapers. That is an opinion I respect but forcefully disagree with because it does mean that women are not to be treated equally if they work, because according to you they should not be working in the first place. Discouraging women from working is prejudicial.
Rev. said:
Disclaimer: I do not bring this up to play some kind of emotional trump card...but it bears heavily on why I say what I say next.

But the summery of what I've learned is: boys brains develop differently than girl brains. The parts of the brain that re responsible for language are more developed in girls than boys.
Not relevant, sorry, and I mean that with respect, sincerely. If that were the case shouldn't all lawyers be women? All teachers? It's nonsense. Some PEOPLE are good in Math, some aren't. My wife is an artist, far more visual than I will ever be. My daughter's best subject is Math. My son's is English. They grew up in the same home with the same things, the same mores. They are in high school so they must take science & language/social studies courses. Their strengths are based on their particular brain, not their gender!
Rev. said:
Feminism will affect the way public school will approach teaching my son. He will be required to sit, to be still, to do endless language-based activites. Because feminism not only wants women to be like men, but they want men to be like women. And girls learn best by discussing, so that's what we demand from our boys. Feminism build up women by tearing down men. THAT IS WRONG!
This is a very, very paranoid statement. You said you home school your kids so you must have a real dislike for our teaching system. This is a prejudice, sorry. My kids go to school, an excellent PUBLIC school in NYC where 100% of the kids go onto college. The students are not de-gendered in the least. They are treated like human beings. Boys are still boys and girls are still girls, both educationally and socially. My son does not feel that he is being torn down, he's way too smart to believe that prejudice!
Rev. said:
Why can't it be okay for women to simply not find science attractive?
You're kidding, right? Why is this even a question? Shouldn't it be "Why can't it be okay for PEOPLE to simply not find (insert any subject here) attractive?"
Rev. said:
FYI, my youngest dd has wanted to be a doctor since she was four. She has a lot of natural ability in that direction, so I am homeschooling her heavily in math and science to give her that foundation.
Why do you think that is special? It's not! It's NORMAL. What would happen if ALL people were encouraged to pursue whatever they're interested in equally? Why should anyone be discouraged from any field they choose? You're indirectly saying that women should not pursue certain trades! That is really messed up, sorry.

26 X World Champs said:
But you are against women studying equally and therefore having equal chance to earn equal money. You think women should be in the home not in school or working, so while in theory you suggest that women should be paid equally in reality you don't think women should work.

"I never said most of the things I said."
-Yogi Berra

And I never said any of the things you're saying I said. Let's talk about prejudice, shall we, since that is what you accuse me of. Isn't prejudice prejuding according to a preconceived belief or stereotype? Well, you have prejudged my position (because of my signature I assume) to the point that you can't even hear what I'm saying! Please reread my posts.

Furthermore, I wonder if you can hear what you're saying...because I certainly do! You are basically endorsing the idea that a woman's work is important only if she gets paid for it. If I cleaned other people houses and got paid for it, that would be valuable work. But because I clean my own, it's worthless. If I cared for other people's children and got paid for it, that would be valuable work. But because I care for my own, it's worthless. If I taught other people's children and got paid for it, that would be valuable work, but since I teach my own, it's worthless.

Feminist demand that a woman in the workplace is equally as valuable as a man and her pay should reflect that. (And I agree!) But the backside of that is, in order to prove their worth, a woman must work...for pay. And a woman who does not work for pay becomes a non-person. That is what I object to.

Last edited:
Rev. said:
Furthermore, I wonder if you can hear what you're saying...because I certainly do! You are basically endorsing the idea that a woman's work is important only if she gets paid for it. If I cleaned other people houses and got paid for it, that would be valuable work. But because I clean my own, it's worthless. If I cared for other people's children and got paid for it, that would be valuable work. But because I care for my own, it's worthless. If I taught other people's children and got paid for it, that would be valuable work, but since I teach my own, it's worthless
I have not "endorsed" any of the things you said I endorsed, sorry. Liberals believe in freedoms, freedom to learn equally, to earn equally, to choose equally what you want to do with your life regardless of gender.

Newsflash....my wife was a stay at home Mom by her and my choosing because we do believe that for us it was what we wanted to do. I made a decent living that allowed for this choice. Was it the right choice? For us it is. The thing is we could afford it and if we couldn't we both would have had to work full-time. When the choice to be a stay at home parent is not available for financial reasons everyone deserves to be treated equally, not separately due to gender.

What struck me especially about your posts is your disdain for public education, and your belief that girls are bad in Math & Science but really good in languages and writing. I took that to mean that you feel women should focus on what you view as the better career option for them and leave the other stuff for men. That is what I find unacceptable.

We as parents and as adults should encourage ALL of the subjects equally and let one's individual prefrences rise to the surface based on one's exposure to all things 'educational.' Do not discourage anyone from being anything. Do not reinforce gender stereotypes because that is exactly what they are, stereotypes, and stereotypes are born out of ignorance and phobias, and we all know that phobias are irrational.
Rev. said:
Feminist demand that a woman in the workplace is equally as valuable as a man and her pay should reflect that. (And I agree!) But the backside of that is, in order to prove their worth, a woman must work...for pay. And a woman who does not work for pay becomes a non-person. That is what I object to.
I disagree severely. The people who have the attitude you describe are the anti-feminists! People who are pro-women's rights don't want more than men, they want the same opportunities as men. My wife is most definitely not a "non-person" and would be very insulted that you think that is how society (not you) view her life. Maybe in your neck of the woods they are backward in their gender thinking, but in places like New York City with our incredible diversity all people, regardless of gender, are not subject to the mores you describe.

I also need to say that I am an executive recruiter, and it is incredibly rare that an employer I am working with has gender issues. Forget that legally they cannot discriminate because under the surface they can discriminate if they really wanted to. They do not judge people by gender because they, as a thriving business have one priority that matters most, to keep their business solvent and successful.

Do you really want to know where people are discriminated against everyday much more so than due to gender? It's AGE! Companies are much less likely to hire someone over 50 than they are to choose by their sex.

Your posts are a bit confusing because you clearly state you want equality for women, yet you also clearly state that women and men should be educated differently and therefore if one is educated differently then it follows that they would end up in gender selective fields due to their education. That is the part of what you've written rubs me the wrong way. Teach everyone the same and let their brains, not yours, decide what they want to be....

My point, to clarify, is that if you push women away from Science & Math then women WILL be less educated in these fields. You're making your prejudices into reality through discrimination. Can't you see that?

I think that feminists care only about pushing for their rights and not paying duties.

If everyone accomplished one's duties, It means - at the same time - that everyone has recieved one's rights.

I wonder, What is the wrong in being a housewife ? Raising children is a great job and it should be a source of pride .

Being a housewife is a merit not a defect. The housewife stays inside the house with dignity while the husbund is obliged to work outdoors to support his family and to avert his wife from suffering from toughness of life . He runs here and there to supply her with money, comfortable life and protection from exploitment .

Many great men - through the history - would not be so without the effective nurture provided by their mothers e.g. Jesus raised by Mary .

Housewives' target is a human being (her children), While Husbands' target is a non-living material (money).

Being the uterus of life, Is not it a source of pride ?

Each gender is created to do a certain job, And on accomplishing one's job - whatever it is, Life gets better .

Does it make sense that feminists want to exchange the better for the worse ?

Last edited:
Aleem said:
Does it make sense that feminists want to exchange the better for the worse ?

That's a subjective judgement.
You're making the misassumption that what's right for one woman is right for all women. You would deny other's choice.
Feminists fight not for the right of women to follow ONE lifestyle but for the right to CHOOSE what's best for them. If a woman wants to be a "uterus" while her man is the breadwinner, I applaud her choice (though in Egypt I doubt she has very much of a 'choice'), but you have no right to tell me my choices are any worse.
I persoanlly can't stand children, and any child I bore I'd be unable to tolerate, hence I don't have any. I believe every child should be a wanted child, not a child born grudgingly because society expects it.
When I lived in London I met many Egyptians - women who said thet were escaping the rigidity of Egytpian society to conform, and also many gay men escaping social persecution in your country. I wonder how many western women escape to Egypt to have greater opportunities in life? Do enlighten us.

Last edited:
galenrox said:
Excuse me? Men and women have certain roles, and genetics that serve these roles, but that really doesn't go further than men planting the seed, and women giving birth.
In my experience, when it comes to intellectual prowess, I'd say women are just about exactly equal to men, meaning some are brilliant, and some are dumb as rocks. Now if these brilliant women are forced to be at home and just there to play second fiddle to the men that they are supposed to influence with their brilliance, the world looses a lot that they would've contributed.
What if Mother Theresa had just been a housewife?
It's this mindset that explains why we have George Bush instead of Laura Bush, who seems quite a bit more competent, cause let's face it, she can read.

:rofl I love reading your posts...
You are hillarious.. mother Theresa a housewife?
Do you think she did the things she did; because of womens rights lol?
George and his better half together;( GOD BLESS THEM) couldn't find INDIA on the map lol
I personally don't care who wants to stay at home with the kids..but someone has to.
It would cut unemployment by half..freeing up the social security budget to-wards descent pensions in Countries that have state run pension schemes.
It would also cut down on crime and social disorder and have many beneficial effects on society.
It would also take care of not having childminders taking the place of parents who should be with their offspring at some of the most crucial times of their lives..

Urethra Franklin said:
That's a subjective judgement.
You're making the misassumption that what's right for one woman is right for all women. You would deny other's choice.
Feminists fight not for the right of women to follow ONE lifestyle but for the right to CHOOSE what's best for them. If a woman wants to be a "uterus" while her man is the breadwinner, I applaud her choice (though in Egypt I doubt she has very much of a 'choice'), but you have no right to tell me my choices are any worse.
I persoanlly can't stand children, and any child I bore I'd be unable to tolerate, hence I don't have any. I believe every child should be a wanted child, not a child born grudgingly because society expects it.
When I lived in London I met many Egyptians - women who said thet were escaping the rigidity of Egytpian society to conform, and also many gay men escaping social persecution in your country. I wonder how many western women escape to Egypt to have greater opportunities in life? Do enlighten us.

You sound like a wonderful person we should all be like you lol :cool:

Windy said:
It would also cut down on crime and social disorder and have many beneficial effects on society.

And your evidence is ....?

Naughty Nurse said:
And your evidence is ....?

Wheres your evidence it wont?

Windy said:
Wheres your evidence it wont?

You're making the claim. I didn't say it won't. I just wonder if your claim is based on fact or not.

There is a huge difference between disapproval of the outdoor work regarding women and denying their right to do so.

I did not deny the right but disapproved the idea .

You have the right to cut your fingers, So why do not you do it ?

The women are fine sensitive delicate human beings who should be guarded and protected, And Do not consider this as an under-estimation, Not at all, It's their nature.

Men can not tolerate the household work as much as women can do, And the women can not tolerate the outdoor life toughness as much as men can do, And this is not a defect nor a merit for either gender .

It's simply a matter of nature, The God created everyone with special characters to enable him/her to fulfil his/her job perfectly, So life can go on perfectly.

This does not mean that women can not face the oudoor toughness, They can, But Not as perfect as men can do, Also, Men can do the household work but not as perfect as women can do.

Regarding raising children, It needs more patience, more leniency and more cordiality - which women possess - than strength and strictness which are needed more in the outdoor work.

In the perfect world, It does not matter what the kind of your job is, But Do you perform it perfectly or not ?

The only job you can do perfectly is the job you are created or designed for .

the husband provide his wife with protection from life, money to spend, clothes to wear, house to live in and the good treatment, And this is not a gift nor a charity from the husband to the wives, Absolutely not, This is an obligation and duty upon the husband, Not a gift but the wife's right .

On the opposite side, The wive provides the husband with a place where he can find mind-peace, comfort, rest, and well-nurtured children i.e. An oasis in a desert.

N.B.
At first, I do not defend Egypt blindly (whether it's wrong or right), But i defend a concept seeming right to me .

Regarding the gays, If some cells of your body decided to deviate from the normality and to turn malignant, Will you leave them under the banner of freedom or eradicate them ?
Here, The overwhelming majority of egyptians consider the gays as a deviation from the normal humane conduct that must be corrected and straightened, and not as a matter of personal freedom .

Regarding those egyptian women you met, One visit to Egypt can refute their claims .

Last edited:
Aleem said:
There is a huge difference between disapproval of the outdoor work regarding women and denying their right to do so.

I did not deny the right but disapproved the idea .

You have the right to cut your fingers, So why do not you do it ?

The women are fine sensitive delicate human beings who should be guarded and protected, And Do not consider this as an under-estimation, Not at all, It's their nature.

Men can not tolerate the household work as much as women can do, And the women can not tolerate the outdoor life toughness as much as men can do, And this is not a defect nor a merit for either gender .

It's simply a matter of nature, The God created everyone with special characters to enable him/her to fulfil his/her job perfectly, So life can go on perfectly.

This does not mean that women can not face the oudoor toughness, They can, But Not as perfect as men can do, Also, Men can do the household work but not as perfect as women can do.

Regarding raising children, It needs more patience, more leniency and more cordiality - which women possess - than strength and strictness which are needed more in the outdoor work.

In the perfect world, It does not matter what the kind of your job is, But Do you perform it perfectly or not ?

The only job you can do perfectly is the job you are created or designed for .

the husband provide his wife with protection from life, money to spend, clothes to wear, house to live in and the good treatment, And this is not a gift nor a charity from the husband to the wives, Absolutely not, This is an obligation and duty upon the husband, Not a gift but the wife's right .

On the opposite side, The wive provides the husband with a place where he can find mind-peace, comfort, rest, and well-nurtured children i.e. An oasis in a desert.

N.B.
At first, I do not defend Egypt blindly (whether it's wrong or right), But i defend a concept seeming right to me .

Regarding the gays, If some cells of your body decided to deviate from the normality and to turn malignant, Will you leave them under the banner of freedom or eradicate them ?
Here, The overwhelming majority of egyptians consider the gays as a deviation from the normal humane conduct that must be corrected and straightened, and not as a matter of personal freedom .

Regarding those egyptian women you met, One visit to Egypt can refute their claims .

OMG - Daughter of Hitler!

Naughty Nurse said:
OMG - Daughter of Hitler!

1. I am male
2. I said the egyptians ( the ruled people NOT the rulers ) hate gays .

Naughty Nurse refers everyone to "Daughter of Hitler." It's okay, that's his way of saying he likes you.

Aleem said:

You have the right to cut your fingers, So why do not you do it ?.

Stupid unintelligent analogy.

Aleem said:
].The women are fine sensitive delicate human beings who should be guarded and protected, And Do not consider this as an under-estimation, Not at all, It's their nature..

Patronising bullcrap

Aleem said:
Men can not tolerate the household work as much as women can do, And the women can not tolerate the outdoor life toughness as much as men can do, And this is not a defect nor a merit for either gender ...

Then how do you explain the many successful househusbands and professional women in civilised countries?
Aleem said:
It's simply a matter of nature, The God created everyone with special characters to enable him/her to fulfil his/her job perfectly, So life can go on perfectly....
God doesn't exist, argument flawed.
And life is hardly going on perfectly in nations with a religious preponderance (Yemen, Iran, Pakistan etc.)
Aleem said:

Regarding raising children, It needs more patience, more leniency and more cordiality - which women possess - than strength and strictness which are needed more in the outdoor work.....

No wonder so many people leave Egypt

Aleem said:
the husband provide his wife with protection from life, money to spend, clothes to wear, house to live in and the good treatment, And this is not a gift nor a charity from the husband to the wives, Absolutely not, This is an obligation and duty upon the husband, Not a gift but the wife's right ......

She usually has to open her legs at the husband's command in return for his money. It's a form of prostitution.
Aleem said:
On the opposite side, The wive provides the husband with a place where he can find mind-peace, comfort, rest, and well-nurtured children i.e. An oasis in a desert.......
You are still living in 1886

Aleem said:
Regarding the gays, If some cells of your body decided to deviate from the normality and to turn malignant, Will you leave them under the banner of freedom or eradicate them ? .......

You are comparing sexuality to illness. This is like comparing apples with atomic bombs. A very poor and incorrect analogy.

Aleem said:
Here, The overwhelming majority of egyptians consider the gays as a deviation from the normal humane conduct that must be corrected and straightened, and not as a matter of personal freedom ........

This is why many people now boycott Egypt as a holiday destination (apart from the fact that it's not safe) and boycott Egyptian products, in protest at your lack of freedom and non respect for human rights.

Perhaps you can explain to me why so many married Egyptian men head straight for gay bars when they come to the west? My gay friends love married Arab men coz they're always an easy conquest. They've got a wife and kids in Egypt but they can't wait to get it on with another man. Hypocrisy? Perhaps if they could live openly gay lives in Egypt, they wouldn't carry on this charade.

Aleem said:

The Egyptian women I met never want to return, and with people like you around, I can see why.

Last edited:
Urethra Franklin said:
Stupid unintelligent analogy.

Tell me what the aspect of stupidity here is .
Not all the rights can be practised .

Urethra Franklin said:
Patronising bullcrap

I do not consider the nature as a bullcrap .

Urethra Franklin said:
Then how do you explain the many successful househusbands and professional women in civilised countries?

We base our discussion on the majority not on the minority .

Urethra Franklin said:
God doesn't exist, argument flawed.

Give me one proof that God doesn't exist . One proof .
Do not mess with what you ignore .

Urethra Franklin said:
And life is hardly going on perfectly in nations with a religious preponderance (Yemen, Iran, Pakistan etc.)

You do not originally believe in God, So I can see why you said that .

Urethra Franklin said:
No wonder so many people leave Egypt

So many people leave Egypt for money and better life standard Not for escaping from raising their children .

Urethra Franklin said:
She usually has to open her legs at the husband's command in return for his money. It's a form of prostitution.

Both parteners enjoy sex, Not only the husband .
Also, Sex is a part from the marital relationship, Not everything .

Urethra Franklin said:
You are still living in 1886

Being "old" does not necessarily mean "wrong" .

Urethra Franklin said:
You are comparing sexuality to illness. This is like comparing apples with atomic bombs. A very poor and incorrect analogy.

We consider gays as ill cells inside the community who should be treated .
And If they're not considered ill, Why are not they accepted in U.S.A army ?

Urethra Franklin said:
This is why many people now boycott Egypt as a holiday destination (apart from the fact that it's not safe) and boycott Egyptian products, in protest at your lack of freedom and non respect for human rights.

Tourists come to Egypt to see its monuments, Not to satisfy their sexuality .

Urethra Franklin said:
Perhaps you can explain to me why so many married Egyptian men head straight for gay bars when they come to the west? My gay friends love married Arab men coz they're always an easy conquest. They've got a wife and kids in Egypt but they can't wait to get it on with another man. Hypocrisy? Perhaps if they could live openly gay lives in Egypt, they wouldn't carry on this charade.

Again, You're talking about a few individuals who can be counted on fingers .
Please, Take the remaining 99% of the egyptians into your consideration .

Urethra Franklin said:
The Egyptian women I met never want to return, and with people like you around, I can see why.

I meant you to visit Egypt - not them - to assess their allegated lost freedom .

At the end, Do not argue just for the pleasure of argument .

I love how the poll is now closed, just as the vote tally reads more people believe feminism is not devisive, albeit a measly vote of 5-4. That doesn't really do well for the feminist cause, now does it.

flip2 said:
I love how the poll is now closed, just as the vote tally reads more people believe feminism is not devisive, albeit a measly vote of 5-4. That doesn't really do well for the feminist cause, now does it.
It just means that the poll about it is divisive. ... what?

Why was it closed?

[EDIT]

Oops, forgot about the choice to close a poll after a certain date. :Oopsie

flip2 said:
Oops, forgot about the choice to close a poll after a certain date. :Oopsie
If Windy wants the poll opened, please private message me and I can re-open it.

flip2 said:
Naughty Nurse refers everyone to "Daughter of Hitler." It's okay, that's his way of saying he likes you.

No, flip, you are the whore of Hitler.

Now that's how you know I like you!

Back
Top Bottom