• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is ESPN's Chris Broussard a bigot?

Is ESPN's Chris Broussard a bigot?

• Yes

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • No

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I believe most Christians treat adultery equal to homosexuality. Lets put it this way, I've heard FAR more sermons about adultery than homosexuality. And from multiple pastors, not just my current one. I would wager that there are more books, articles, etc online about being a Christian and avoiding adultery versus avoiding homosexuality as well. Also, homosexuality is viewed as a lifestyle ie a continuing sin. Whereas adultery is viewed as a one time "mistake" in many instances. I think that's the difference. Personally, I believe they are both wrong, both are condemned in the Bible (adultery FAR, FAR more than homosexuality), and both are things that I teach my children not to participate in.

As I said earlier, a lot of the conversation has to do with a very vocal gay community. The (Catholic) Church seems to engage them more in public because there really isn't an equivalent openly adulterous group. Take this message board for example. Given the numbers it's almost certain that there are members actively cheating on their spouses but even with the anonymity no one seems to want to fess up.

I believe most Christians treat adultery equal to homosexuality.

I'm a Christian, and, honestly, I think adultery is A LOT worse than being gay. (In fact, I don't think being gay is a sin in the traditional sense.) Here's the thing about adultery, assuming the marriage ceremony was solemnized by a minister: the parties are making a solemn promise to God that they'll be faithful to each other. So here they're making a specific promise to act a certain way but then violating that covenant. It's probably the biggest reason I get worked up about "family values" (or perhaps former family values) conservatives like David Vitter and Newt Gingrich. Where they get a pass is they supposedly repent their sins. Personally, I don't give much credence to an "I'm sorry" that only occurs once the truth comes out.

Back
Top Bottom