• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is Donald Trump losing older voters in Florida – and with it the chance of reelection?

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Is Donald Trump losing older voters in Florida – and with it the chance of reelection? | The Independent

Amid the many nuggets of insight pulled from the debris of the 2016 election was this: older voters went for Donald Trump more than they did Hillary Clinton.

In several battleground states such as Florida, voters aged 65 and over turned out for the Republican candidate by some margin. Nationally, Mr Trump bested his rival in this demographic by as many as nine percentage points.

But things may be changing. As the coronavirus pandemic drags on, bearing with it a lethality to which the elderly are especially vulnerable, so the president’s support among this age group appears to be softening. At the same time, support for Joe Biden, all but certain to be his challenger in November, is growing.
===========================================================
Bad news for The Donald in a 'must win' state.

Is Donald Trump losing older voters in Florida – and with it the chance of reelection? | The Independent

Amid the many nuggets of insight pulled from the debris of the 2016 election was this: older voters went for Donald Trump more than they did Hillary Clinton.

In several battleground states such as Florida, voters aged 65 and over turned out for the Republican candidate by some margin. Nationally, Mr Trump bested his rival in this demographic by as many as nine percentage points.

But things may be changing. As the coronavirus pandemic drags on, bearing with it a lethality to which the elderly are especially vulnerable, so the president’s support among this age group appears to be softening. At the same time, support for Joe Biden, all but certain to be his challenger in November, is growing.

Yeah...go ahead and believe those bogus polls.

Get ready to cry and scream at the night sky in November.

Trump pushing the reopening means more people will die and those people are largely the elderly.

Would you vote for someone who is trying to kill you?

Yay! It took 100,000 dead Americans to breathe new life into the DNC. A small price to pay for regaining control of the White House. Dems were praying for the economy to stall, or crash completely, prior to the outbreak of coronavirus, so nobody can honestly state that I'm mischaracterizing them.

Trump pushing the reopening means more people will die and those people are largely the elderly.

The MSM were fine when it was primarily older people in nursing homes dying, but now its black people. Oy vey, that's a conundrum.

Wash your hands and keep them away from your face and eyes. Stay at least 6' apart and please respect others and wear a face covering. And, please vote.

Donald is not only his best ally but also his worst enemy.

He is going to lose MI and FL.

Donald is not only his best ally but also his worst enemy.

He is going to lose MI and FL.
I can't speak to FL, but I'm beginning to think a MI loss for him is becoming a forgone conclusion. That governor there seems to easily be his match. I'm getting to thinking she might do O.K. as Biden's Veep. Get a little fight & energy into him.

Yeah...go ahead and believe those bogus polls.

Get ready to cry and scream at the night sky in November.

There you are, running defense for cult leader again.

Your god has feet of clay.

No evidence is really being drawn up to show as such. Much the same was propped up all over the mainstream media during 2016 and those same predictions went down the drain.

Know about what? Your link? Or, my prediction?

Regardless, I think MI is very likely Biden's from what I can see at this point in time. I see Trump's 2016 11K vote win there as a fluke, inspired by Hillary and her poor performance pretty much everywhere.

I won't exactly agree on the fluke premise. But yes, she did a piss poor job of running her campaign.

If a politician worth their salt can tell you anything. It's don't ignore the flyover states, or hell. Any states for that matter.

Say all you like about Trump. But he was out there on the trail to a much greater degree.

Trump is letting MI slide away, and FL is not far behind it.

Who knows. Will the elderly in New York, New Jersey or PA vote for their democrat governors?

Wash your hands and keep them away from your face and eyes. Stay at least 6' apart and please respect others and wear a face covering. And, please vote.

Simple face coverings only filter out only about 75% of the aerosol droplet that carry the virus particles. The N95 mask does better than 95%. Since most people don't use the N95, you have to watch your donkey especially in enclosed areas. This is recent data from the CDC. Eye coverings, like a face shield or goggles, also help as those droplets can also get to you via the eyes.

Yeah. They do.

Poll: Michigan voters show support for Gov. Whitmer's handling of coronavirus
Overall, 64% of those surveyed approved of Whitmer's response, compared to 33% of those who did not. Unsurprisingly, Democrats were particularly supportive, with 96% approving of her actions, and Republicans in opposition, with 79% disapproving.

But Independents, a key voting bloc in Michigan, came down on Whitmer's side, 65%-28%. Forty percent of them said they strongly approved of her actions.

"By any standard, those are terrific numbers for any political figure," Czuba said.

The situation was reversed for Trump, who is coming to Michigan for a visit at a Ford plant Thursday. Slightly more than half of voters disapproved of his handling of the crisis, compared to just 43% who approved. While Democrats disapproved in greater numbers and Republicans approved of the president's performance, Independents disapproved 47% to 39% who approved.

I won't exactly agree on the fluke premise. But yes, she did a piss poor job of running her campaign.

If a politician worth their salt can tell you anything. It's don't ignore the flyover states, or hell. Any states for that matter.

Say all you like about Trump. But he was out there on the trail to a much greater degree.
I absolutely agree. Trump worked his ass off on the campaign trail. HRC was a prima dona awaiting her coronation. And it bit her.

My father is 88 yrs old, Lives in Florida, still votes, loves Trump as do most retired military vets.

OP is fake news.

Not to mention reducing or killing off SS and Medicare, does not go over big for retired or about to retired folks.

Know about what? Your link? Or, my prediction?

Regardless, I think MI is very likely Biden's from what I can see at this point in time. I see Trump's 2016 11K vote win there as a fluke, inspired by Hillary and her poor performance pretty much everywhere.

He is desperate to change the topic here....

Now Biden is pinning his ope on elderly white people? :lol:

Defunding Social Security is a dumb way to win Florida. And after botching the COVID response and declaring old folks expendable to try and save his own hide? Shocking Trump's in trouble in Florida.

a bunch of older people actually still support Donald Trump as he proves that they're expendable to him and Social Security isn't important to him.

they better catch on.

Back
Top Bottom