• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Is Donald Trump attempting to throw the election?

Your response shows a deep lack in comprehension of the issue.

Nope, it doesn't.

Trump cannot win with the tactics he's using. You're qualifier for "throwing a vote away" is voting for one who cannot win. As such, voting for trump is throwing your vote away. He's going to be trounced come the election.

All hail President Clinton.

I watched the first half of this video and was satisfied to learn that once again naysayers are attempting to build a tempest in a teapot.

I understood all of his points even where I didn't completely agree with them. It simply takes a willingness to listen. :shrug:

BTW, to the members of this Forum who denigrate Trump supporters by calling us uneducated, idiots, bigots, racists, etc., simply because we see things differently from you?

You only demonstrate your own weakness of character, opting to defame rather than debate. That never wins any arguments, it only serves to entrench an opponent more deeply in their position.

It's probably because not a single one of you can articulate why you support Trump or why Trump should be president without something about him not being Hillary.

At this point it looks like it would be very hard for Trump to lose the election.

Hillary repels people.......she always has.

Trump speaks the words America is thinking.

In the privacy of the voting booth, America will speak those words they do not speak.

Nope, it doesn't.

Trump cannot win with the tactics he's using. You're qualifier for "throwing a vote away" is voting for one who cannot win. As such, voting for trump is throwing your vote away. He's going to be trounced come the election.

All hail President Clinton.
Hilarious
Still showing that lack of comprehension.

You have no idea what that would actually look like.
I was referring directly to your use of >:doh< him

If we could all look that good at their age.

But alas, looks can be deceiving.

Oy Vey. Like the first sentence of your reply, this too shows a lack of understanding.
Just to help you understand, I responded with Hillary's noticeable health issues if one bothers to actually examine more closely (a fresnel lens and a noticeable oral growth removed), unlike your nonsensical comment as to Trump.

my apologies for not understanding your actual post

I merely commented that he does not look well that part was not meant as a put down...I understand the campaign is physically grueling

as for his hair it is a shambles and something he could easily fix so that was a put down

I can't watch much of the video

I watched the first half of this video and was satisfied to learn that once again naysayers are attempting to build a tempest in a teapot.
Dude? The guy is babbling. It's nonsense. He has a short fuse and thin skin, and flies off the handle at least once a week, typically on Twitter.

BTW, to the members of this Forum who denigrate Trump supporters by calling us uneducated, idiots, bigots, racists, etc., simply because we see things differently from you?
Partisans of any stripe make that kind of accusation. Seriously, if you cannot see how many conservatives throw around the "stupid libruls" comment, you're not reading a quarter of the posts in this forum.

That said: In this case, it's because partisanship and tribalism are the only explanations I can think of for supporting Trump.

• His statements are blatantly racist, nativist, xenophobic and autocratic
• Many of his statements verge on (or go right into) conspiracy theories
• He has no relevant experience
• He has almost policy positions
• His ideology is simplistic in the extreme
• Significant percentages of his statements are demonstrably false (even as he claims his detractors are all liars, including when they recite his own statements back to him)
• He's walked back at least half of his policy and ideology statements
• The few things he has stuck with are beyond insane, such as walking away from NATO, building a wall between the US and Mexico, etc
• He's violated almost every political position of conservatism and the Republican party
• He has the temperament of a 5 year old

All of this adds up to people who believe in liberty and small government, voting for a dangerous, unpredictable, nativist lying tyrant-in-the-making who wants the federal government to bend to his every whim... and expand as he wishes.

The only thing he shares with recent Republican candidates is that those who vote for him are largely voting against their own interests. He is not going to do anything for the average white male working-class underemployed voter. Never has, never will.

Let's consider a contrast. While I disagree with many of their policies and ideas: Romney, Paul, McCain and Dole had the requisite experience, displayed high degrees of intelligence, lots of self-control, and a professional attitude towards the job. Pundits past and present, like Buckley or the Kristols or Will and so forth, are also highly educated and intelligent (and openly oppose Trump). Few of them invited the praise and enthusiasm of white supremacists.

So at a minimum, Trump's supporters are approaching this issue not from a rational perspective, but from a highly emotional and tribal one, which ignores the deep lack of intellect displayed by the candidate and his autocratic tendencies. Good luck getting respect for that one.

Back
Top Bottom