• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is Donald J. Trump a crooked tax cheater?

Is Donald J. Trump a crooked tax cheater?

• Yes

Votes: 18 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not sure

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Checkerboard Strangler

Make Video Horizontal Again
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Poll title says it all.
This IS just a POLL.
I want to see how many forum members believe he's a cheat and how many believe he's honest.

Poll title says it all.
This IS just a POLL.
I want to see how many forum members believe he's a cheat and how many believe he's honest.
If you write the rules with loopholes you shouldn't expect anyone to take advantage of it.

I don't care if Trump cheated or not.

I care that the rules are written so that this goes on.

No-one from the pauper to the prince should escape paying taxes.

Yes, rich people tend to not pay taxes, because having fancy ass lawyers and accountants that finds loopholes to hide the money. Not surprising at all that the real estate mogul from NY is just that. A crook.

Yes, rich people tend to not pay taxes, because having fancy ass lawyers and accountants that finds loopholes to hide the money. Not surprising at all that the real estate mogul from NY is just that. A crook.
So it's established that our tax laws need to be tweaked to say the least. But Trump has taken it to an extreme. If every jurisdiction has the opportunity to thoroughly examine Trumps financial records and his tax returns, you can bet your ass he'd be in deep sh**. Jail time would certainly follow, and as it is, jail time is very possible.

Poll title says it all.
This IS just a POLL.
If you think Trump is a tax cheater, then you must also think that EVERY OTHER American citizen is a tax cheater....including yourself if you've ever followed the tax rules.

Reactions: PoS
so high paid accountants find every deduction, and advise their client to do xyz to avoid paying taxes....based on rules and laws passed by states and federal legislatures

how is that any different that high priced doctors doing every test, making sure their client has the best care that money can buy?

the Rich have always played by different rules.....we ALL know that.....

if we want to change that, FINE....but lets not pretend that this is unusual or weird.....

The 2020 tax book is about 7 inches thick.....that is the codes that every CPA, and tax accountant must know to keep abreast

Congress has screwed this crap up to the max.....and the lobbyists for the BIG accounting firms have made sure to keep the taxes as complicated as possible so they can make their big bucks charging guys like President Trump and thousands like him

I run a small business with 8 employees.....total income less than a million a year.....my taxes shouldnt be THAT COMPLICATED.....but you would be amazed at all the crap between local/state and federal that has to be done annually. It is a racket designed to keep the accountants and big firms in easy money.....

And the rich people PAY people to get it done, and get it done right.

If he cheated then the IRS would have done something about it, since they didnt, then he is innocent.

I know TDS sufferers want to crucify him on everything, but you know, its an unhealthy obsession on their part.

If you think Trump is a tax cheater, then you must also think that EVERY OTHER American citizen is a tax cheater....including yourself if you've ever followed the tax rules.
When you are an employee and receive a w-2 it's very hard to cheat on your taxes since they have already been reported to the irs. As a business owner you report your taxes which makes it much easier to hide cash and write off things you shouldn't as trump has proven. So stop projecting and speak for yourself.

We don't have enough evidence to make such a determination, so I voted "not sure".

Though my gut says "yes".

If he cheated then the IRS would have done something about it, since they didnt, then he is innocent.

I know TDS sufferers want to crucify him on everything, but you know, its an unhealthy obsession on their part.

You mean like what the IRS is doing with the $72.9 refund? What happened in 2016?

Trump has been in the middle of a dispute with the Internal Revenue Service over a 2010 claim of a $72.9 million tax refund, according to the New York Times, which obtained more than 20 years of the president’s tax data. The size of the refund claim brought it before the Joint Committee on Taxation.

Whenever there is a proposed refund of more than $2 million for individuals and $5 million for corporations proposed, the committee staff reviews it before payment by the IRS. Part of the rationale for such reviews is to make sure tax laws are working the way Congress intended.

In Trump’s case, the IRS initially sent an audit of the refund to the joint committee in 2011 and an agreement was reached in 2014. But an expanding audit meant that the IRS resubmitted the refund documentation for review in 2016, where it has sat unresolved since then, the Times reported.

Poll title says it all.
This IS just a POLL.
He’s bankrupt, morally and financially.

You mean like what the IRS is doing with the $72.9 refund? What happened in 2016?

Trump has been in the middle of a dispute with the Internal Revenue Service over a 2010 claim of a $72.9 million tax refund, according to the New York Times, which obtained more than 20 years of the president’s tax data. The size of the refund claim brought it before the Joint Committee on Taxation.

Whenever there is a proposed refund of more than $2 million for individuals and $5 million for corporations proposed, the committee staff reviews it before payment by the IRS. Part of the rationale for such reviews is to make sure tax laws are working the way Congress intended.

In Trump’s case, the IRS initially sent an audit of the refund to the joint committee in 2011 and an agreement was reached in 2014. But an expanding audit meant that the IRS resubmitted the refund documentation for review in 2016, where it has sat unresolved since then, the Times reported.

So...Trump has been telling the truth all along: His taxes are STILL being audited.

So? How does that prove that he cheated?

These type of people who fight against people being responsible and duty bound to pay their taxes, are people who take for granted or simply just don't know, that it is Tax Revenue... that is fundamental to what is America and The wide array of Infrastructure, that many like to take advantage usage of.
Many of these same people who would support anyone not paying their HONEST FAIR SHARE of Taxes don't even know that many of the jobs they have, or in the case of many of the massive number of older heads that flood this site, likely don't have the background knowledge to know how much taxes supported the jobs they may have had or may have.
I watch people of every type of business... "chasing Federal, State, County and City Contracts, and Grants.

It's quite likely that a vast majority of the people who participate in this site, are from an era when education did not provide the means for critical thinking to even consider to know these things. They live and some lived based on "Confabulated Folklore". If anyone take notice to the shallow one liner comments, it is overt evidence that the intellectual level is at a very low bar. That's just the way the system trained them long ago.

These are some of the same people who bought into Conservative, Centrist, Libertarian and Etc. (Big Business Led Mentality).. who voted against Union's, whining and crying about paying $30 some dollar a month in Union Dues... and not they have lost Job Sponsored Pensions, They are Given Crap Level Medical, and Trump and the Republican have promoted the process to not mandate companies to keep Safety Records as they were once kept, so if people are hurt on the jobs, there won't be a paper trail to hold the employer responsible. Most of these people have absolutely no concept of such things. They were caught up and are caught up in the "Belligerence Spewing" that Trump does, and his promotions of the 1950's styled segregationist idiocy. They listen to him "Attack EVERYTHING in America"... because his followers like to blame EVERTHING, except themselves... because they were groomed to "Expect that Wealthy White Men In Suits was going to give them something", based on the old system of segregation.
They are fully unaware, that it is the same Wealthy White Men, who kept Minimum Wage Low, and saw them as nothing more than self replicating low wage labor, who could also be used to promote anything to deny minorities and women economic uplift... all the while the were and are themselves kept at a wage level that does not meet the Standards of Living Cost. What they rely on is "Credit Debt"... to feed the delusion and illusion that they are living well at middle class standards.

Many of the white people within a great many Suburbs lived on perpetually refinancing debt, which is compounded by taking on more credit debt... to feed a material obsession for the sake or pretentious imagery of doing well.

There's a reason why so many in many Gerrymandered Contained So Called Red Zones live in Pre-Fab Housing of various types, because the wage structure does not let them buy a Foundation and Framed House. Most of these people who write on here, likely confine themselves to a 10 block radius, and some even less than 10 blocks... while others likely are in Rural Areas that have pushed so much back, trying to either recreate the past or stagnate something to pretend its still 1950.

They don't know any more than they sit around and watch on their Right Wing Media. They lust to cheat the Tax System, so to them Trump is Their Idol.

They are fully unaware of the damage they cause and create for America.

Of Course they will try and deny this, because they are both afraid of the truth, and many don't have the critical level of thinking skills to see the big picture and understanding the variables that make up the big picture.

I talk to people 'everyday" who fit within these frameworks... I try to share and elevate their awareness in the process of helping them, because its my job to help people. It's at times astoundingly unfortunate, how much so many don't know; and how many that don't understand the system. I try to bring them up to speed by categorical segment focused info, because many will have information overload if too much information is given to them at once. So, Compassion to Understand these variables is the key to effectively helping them.

Most of what I write in these forums... I know many don't grasp it... so when they see the handle, they gloss on by. Those that do care to expand their minds read and use what they read not just what I write, but what some others write as well, to expand their awareness and interest to research and learn more. Those who try to deny and dismiss, will always exist.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom