• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is Disney's "Lion King" xenophobic Trump propaganda?

Yes, I know Lion King was create long before Trump's presidency but I thought the timing of its recent airing on TV to be really suspicious and the politics of nativism and xenophobia have been around long before him.

The lion who wants hyenas to have equal rights is evil and is a tyrant. The hyenas are portrayed as dimwitted creatures who ravage the pridelands when they are allowed to immigrate to it. Then, the lighter-colored Simba must return and save the day by deporting the hyenas and ethnically purifying the pridelands. Yeah, no racist message there. :roll:

Why this movie is allowed any visibility on television in such a volatile election is beyond me.

My little sister is smarter than you, and she's six.

Re: Is Disney's "Lion King"

Governess, if you were in any kind of critical theory course you get an F. You don't get to say b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but you're wrong! You have to come up with specific examples from a film or from a text, not just say "you read too much into it" when someone gives you evidence for something.

You didn't give me any evidence.
You just gave me absolute garbage.

In conclusion:
The Lion King is not racist and xenophobic.

It's just a animated Disney movie from 1994. That's it.

You are just seeing xenophobia and racism where it isn't present.

Re: Is Disney's;Lion King"

Oh Michelle Bachman. I miss her.

So do the late night comics, but they'll never run out of material anyway.

Lion King is xenophobic but pro gay? Well, the Teletubbies were gay, so why not?

What a bunch of hooey.

Re: Is Disney's "Lion King" xenophobic Trump propag

Go back and read the OP again and tell me where I went wrong.
The Hyenas weren't a racial group Scar wanted to give "equal rights", they were an individual gang of thugs he was using to try to kill his rivals for the throne.

Yes, I know Lion King was create long before Trump's presidency but I thought the timing of its recent airing on TV to be really suspicious and the politics of nativism and xenophobia have been around long before him.

The lion who wants hyenas to have equal rights is evil and is a tyrant. The hyenas are portrayed as dimwitted creatures who ravage the pridelands when they are allowed to immigrate to it. Then, the lighter-colored Simba must return and save the day by deporting the hyenas and ethnically purifying the pridelands. Yeah, no racist message there. :roll:

Why this movie is allowed any visibility on television in such a volatile election is beyond me.
It must be a struggle to find all that political correctness nonsense in a Disney movie.

Re: p;amp;amp;amp;

Well, my niece is so going to be gay then...

Edit: grand niece actually, my niece is already gay, and she did it before Frozen.
Man, that **** was just straight up hilarious when I first read about it.

Frozen turning girls gay? You've gotta be kidding me.

For my niece, since she is pre-Frozen gay, we blame softball.

Edit: for those confused, yes, that is sorta a joke.

Dont forget the bestiality, the film was turning boys into to little animal loving sex freaks!

In real life, Lions and Hyenas don't get along. The movie simply played off of the idea.

You're reading too much into it. :roll:

Dont forget the bestiality, the film was turning boys into to little animal loving sex freaks!
I thought Brokeback Mountain was the movie that was turin' the little kiddies into animal screwin' heathens.

Governess, if you were in any kind of critical theory course you get an F. You don't get to say b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but you're wrong! You have to come up with specific examples from a film or from a text, not just say "you read too much into it" when someone gives you evidence for something.

Says the guy demanding other people prove a negative and never once supporting his theory with evidence.

I thought Brokeback Mountain was the movie that was turin' the little kiddies into animal screwin' heathens.

Pretty sure if the pastor sees homosexual and bestiality indoctrination in disney films he would probably think brokeback mountain was about promoting communism and islam.

Are you actually trying to argue that the Lion King has a racist/xenophobic message?

Please tell me you aren't being serious.

The Lion King doesn't have any racist/xenophobic undertones.

You are just reading WAY too much into things, and you're seeing racism and xenophobia where it isn't present in the first place.

Governess, meet AtlantaAdonis. :D

Governess, meet AtlantaAdonis. :D
He's been asking me to explain how the Lion King is not racist this whole time.

He doesn't seem to quite understand that I can't prove a negative, and that the burden of proof is on him.

Okay, I will play your game. There were several other Lion King movies. The Lions were a monarchy, not a Republic, and they ruled by birth right. Scar was initially the leader of the Lion Guand, which made him pretty much the General, until he turned on his subordinates. He also attempted to unseat his brother by conspiring with the Hyenas to make his brother look foolish, which backfired and led to his facial adornment and new name (since his original name was Taka). By the time of the events in the Lion King he was resentful that the birth of Simba made it virtually impossible that he would ever ascend to be King. He then plotted again with the hyenas to kill Mufasa and he promised the hyenas they would never be hungry again.

In short, there is more evidence in the films that the Lion King is a kiddy version of Game of Thrones than an example of xenophobic, racism.

Are you really trying to get me to prove a negative? That's like if I told you prove that I don't ride a pink dragon to work everyday.

You are the one that made the claim that the Lion King is racist and xenophobic, so the burden of proof is solely on you, homie.

Don't spend too much time here on this, it's as sisyphean a task as some of my own threads go, if you get my drift.

Don't spend too much time here on this, it's as sisyphean a task as some of my own threads go, if you get my drift.

Yeah. The argument from the OP is just absolutely stupid anyways, I didn't even have to provide a refutation for people to see that.

How can you tell what color skin the lions actually have under all that hair?

Re: Is Disney's Lion King xenophobic Trump propag

The Hyenas weren't a racial group Scar wanted to give "equal rights", they were an individual gang of thugs he was using to try to kill his rivals for the throne.

And they would never be equal with Scar.

Re: Is Disney's &amion King"

Okay, I will play your game. There were several other Lion King movies. The Lions were a monarchy, not a Republic, and they ruled by birth right. Scar was initially the leader of the Lion Guand, which made him pretty much the General, until he turned on his subordinates. He also attempted to unseat his brother by conspiring with the Hyenas to make his brother look foolish, which backfired and led to his facial adornment and new name (since his original name was Taka). By the time of the events in the Lion King he was resentful that the birth of Simba made it virtually impossible that he would ever ascend to be King. He then plotted again with the hyenas to kill Mufasa and he promised the hyenas they would never be hungry again.

In short, there is more evidence in the films that the Lion King is a kiddy version of Game of Thrones than an example of xenophobic, racism.

Don't forget Mufasa moonlights as Darth Vader, so Scar never really had a chance.

Back
Top Bottom