• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is Democracy Blocking America's Ability To Solve It's Problems?

Rate the level of interference Democracy has in Americans ability to solve problems:

• one (no interference)

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • two

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • three

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • four

• five

• six

• seven

• eight

• nine

• ten (Total Interference)

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters
Regardless, there's a power that prohibits people from doing just whatever they wanted. That particular might makes right. It's the same everywhere.

Your question had nothing to do with my point, so I thought it was fitting. Humans have created hierarchical structures, so have animals. Just because they don't hold board meetings and he don't communicate by scent doesn't mean the two aren't similar.

You can continue to think humans have advanced past greed. That's simply wrong, that's all.

I never said we have moved past greed. That's why we need regulations to control its negative effect on our community. That was my point.

Last edited:
Democracy isn't the problem. Greed is.
GREED-IS-GOOD.jpg

;)

I never said we have moved past greed. That's why we need regulations to control its negative effect on our community. That was my point.
And I told you that greed in and of itself isn't bad. It's just a natural motivation that can have good or bad results. The motivation itself is neither; that's my point.

And I told you that greed in and of itself isn't bad. It's just a natural motivation that can have good or bad results. The motivation itself is neither; that's my point.

That works out well then because an evolved society only seeks to regulate the bad results from greed, things such as credit default swaps and unregulated commodity speculation. :sun

Okay. You seem to be under the impression I was/am arguing against regulating economies or some such. I was only responding to the "OMG GREED IS SO EVUL!" posts in this thread. Greed is normal. It's natural. It's neither good nor evil.

Okay. You seem to be under the impression I was/am arguing against regulating economies or some such. I was only responding to the "OMG GREED IS SO EVUL!" posts in this thread. Greed is normal. It's natural. It's neither good nor evil.

Of course, its only when individual greed is destructive to society that it must be regulated. :sun

Sure. Why did you have such a resistance to that idea previously?

Before, it seemed you were saying individual greed is natural and therefore doesn't need to be regulated.

I don't think I ever even implied that, but apologies if you thought so. I was just saying that the kneejerk reaction that greed is some intrinsic evil is laughable.

I don't think I ever even implied that, but apologies if you thought so. I was just saying that the kneejerk reaction that greed is some intrinsic evil is laughable.

Sorry for the misunderstanding as well. I never said greed was intrinsic evil. Only that individual greed must be regulated to avoid the destructive results to society.

Back
Top Bottom