• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Is 'Debate Politics' fair & balanced?

Is 'Debate Politics' fair & balanced?

• YES

Votes: 54 81.8%
  • NO

Votes: 12 18.2%

• Total voters
FISHX said:
I vote no debate politics is actually very biased and very unfair

...and yet we still have that fishx smell. It must be about, folks.

vergiss said:
I used to think this place was great.

Now, I see it's full of self-infatuated, moronic conservatives and other various idiots who wouldn't know real debate if it smacked them across the face. Trying to talk reason to a brick wall would be more effective than with some of you. Many of you don't think the world likes America? Then try to actually be more bloody likeable.

At least I can find solace in the fact that consevatism is called that for a reason. Progress means that society moves forward, and the values you believe in will be dead before my own generation is.

I'm gone. I've got better things to do than put up with a bunch of narcissists.

And of course there are not whacked out liberals and left wingers in this forum huh....:roll: Your young, hopefully you will learn.......

Most conservatives don't mind at all testing their theories and beliefs against those of liberals and welcome the opportunity to do so. I know a few liberals who don't mind testing their theories and beliefs against those of conservatives.

Those who cannot articulate a rationale for their point of view will feel threatened by differing opinions and will be insulting, belligerant, unhappy, miserable, complaining, and sometimes will run for the tall grass on these message boards.

Many who can articulate a rationale for their point of view very well and who enjoy legitimate debate will not stick around when every discussion dissolves into personal insults and flammatory statements.

I appreciate DP mods who nurture legitimate debate by keeping the personal insults and flammatory statements to a minimum here. Otherwise I would be gone too.

fooligan said:
...and yet we still have that fishx smell. It must be about, folks.

Yawn nothing intresting to say hmm theres a surprise:roll:

======bows======

Thank you, Sir. It's easy to write when it's true.

Pacridge said:
You don't think we're fair or balanced. Nor do you seem to like it here much.

Is someone forcing you to log on here?

So you ask for opinions but only the ones you want have i got that right?

FISHX said:
Yawn nothing intresting to say hmm theres a surprise:roll:

Y'know what, you're right. My response was not fair, nor balanced. I sincerely apologize. When I read the title for this thread, I had a knee-jerk reaction, and posted a hasty reply.

Is 'Debate Politics' fair and balanced? Of course it is. Try finding another politics forum where Dems & Reps & Inds & whatnot come together for discussion in a real way. Join one of those other sites; the first time you disagree with the Koolaid drinkers (on either side) you're banned.

Of course membership with DP requires a thick skin, as does life in general. If you can't handle someone dissing your party, or proving you wrong in any way, then look elsewhere. I know from experience how easy it is to be proven wrong, and I'm always open to ideas and advice.

I was a registered Republican for years, and almost always vote as such; however I'm not happy with the way my ex-party is being run. So now I call myself an Independent (heavily conservative).

Yes, DP is fair & balanced... moreso than any other political forum I've found in my years online.

If any of that made any sense, you're welcome. ;)

Is 'Debate Politics' fair and balanced? Of course it is. Try finding another politics forum where Dems & Reps & Inds & whatnot come together for discussion in a real way. Join one of those other sites; the first time you disagree with the Koolaid drinkers (on either side) you're banned.

Of course membership with DP requires a thick skin, as does life in general. If you can't handle someone dissing your party, or proving you wrong in any way, then look elsewhere. I know from experience how easy it is to be proven wrong, and I'm always open to ideas and advice.

I was a registered Republican for years, and almost always vote as such; however I'm not happy with the way my ex-party is being run. So now I call myself an Independent (heavily conservative).

Yes, DP is fair & balanced... moreso than any other political forum I've found in my years online.

If any of that made any sense, you're welcome. ;)[/QUOTE]

***You are way off base here. DP doesn't require having a thick skin. DP requires having a thin skin. The moderators here have proven over and over again that they are biased toward the liberal side. "The Political Shootout" forum has legions of Conservatives that have been banned from this site because they spoke their minds (they have thick skins). I'm just getting back here from a week banning because I spoke my mind. BTW, the moderators over on the "Political Shootout' forum allows for thick-skinned opinions without the concern of anyone getting censored or banned.

FISHX said:

Nope, wrong again. I don't ask for anyone's opinion. Well usually I don't. Pretty sure I haven't asked for you opinion. Here at DP you may post whatever opinions you may have, even if they're considered to be completely moronic by the vast majority of our other members. What you may not do, however, is violate our rules. You can find them here:

http://www.debatepolitics.com/showthread.php?p=1402#post1402

You might notice our first rule concerns freedom of speech, that's no accident.

Originally posted by pstdkid:
***You are way off base here. DP doesn't require having a thick skin. DP requires having a thin skin. The moderators here have proven over and over again that they are biased toward the liberal side. "The Political Shootout" forum has legions of Conservatives that have been banned from this site because they spoke their minds (they have thick skins). I'm just getting back here from a week banning because I spoke my mind. BTW, the moderators over on the "Political Shootout' forum allows for thick-skinned opinions without the concern of anyone getting censored or banned.
When was the last time you thought you were wrong?

Are you sure you're not tr1414?

FISHX said:

I'd love some opinions, be they whatever. So far the only opinion I've seen out of you is "wahhh dp sucks"

ptsdkid said:

Hahahahahahaha, if by "legions of banned conservatives" you mean you, skilmatic, and occasionally trajan and navy, then yea, I guess its a veritable plethora of "conservatives."

RightatNYU said:
Hahahahahahaha, if by "legions of banned conservatives" you mean you, skilmatic, and occasionally trajan and navy, then yea, I guess its a veritable plethora of "conservatives."

You name me and I probably should have been banned that time.......You name other prominent conservatives.........How about naming some prominent liberals that have been banned....

Please don't name Champs for the obvious reason......

Navy Pride said:
You name me and I probably should have been banned that time.......You name other prominent conservatives.........How about naming some prominent liberals that have been banned....

Please don't name Champs for the obvious reason......

I'm not saying who is and who isnt banned, I'm just making the point that the "legions" of disgruntled conservatives that ptsdkid claims exist over there consists of those 4 people who ive seen over on that website complaining. I'm not in the business of saying who has and who hasn't been banned. And what "obvious reason" is that?

Originally posted by RightatNYU:
I'm not saying who is and who isnt banned, I'm just making the point that the "legions" of disgruntled conservatives that ptsdkid claims exist over there consists of those 4 people who ive seen over on that website complaining. I'm not in the business of saying who has and who hasn't been banned. And what "obvious reason" is that?
They got there own "DP Sucks" threads goin on. I personally like all the smack. Cause'.........you gotta have goals.

fooligan said:
Y'know what, you're right. My response was not fair, nor balanced. I sincerely apologize. When I read the title for this thread, I had a knee-jerk reaction, and posted a hasty reply.

If any of that made any sense, you're welcome. ;)

Get that avatar off of there I'm gonna puke, Jesus Christ that's the most horrible thing I've ever fuc/king seen. :rofl :lol:

Navy Pride said:
Well, I was banned for awhile, for good reason. Whether you call me "prominent" is up to you.

RightatNYU said:

Hmmm, its ok to mention me and skilmatic getting banned but not ok to mention any liberals huh?:confused:

Never mind, I can tell a double standard when I see one......

Billo_Really said:
They got there own "DP Sucks" threads goin on. I personally like all the smack. Cause'.........you gotta have goals.
Someone send me linkage in a PM. lol

Edit: nm, found it. It wasn't so bad. I love how everyone in the thread had been banned from somewhere and we are the ones in error. But, I feel honored that we got a thread over there.
:mrgreen:

Last edited:
vauge said:
Someone send me linkage in a PM. lol

Edit: nm, found it. It wasn't so bad. I love how everyone in the thread had been banned from somewhere and we are the ones in error. But, I feel honored that we got a thread over there.
:mrgreen:

Hey could you guys give me a link to these please?? :mrgreen:

Damn! I've never been banned anywhere. I'm feeling left out. :(

AlbqOwl said:
Damn! I've never been banned anywhere. I'm feeling left out. :(
Sorry, we only ban conservatives! Or was that liberals?

NP said:
Hmmm, its ok to mention me and skilmatic getting banned but not ok to mention any liberals huh?
This deserves a response. I would guess (my opinion) that since RightatNYU is a conservative that he would mention conservative bans more so than others. Kinda admitting that even "our" team gets hit.

As a mod, it kinda sucks when we agree with every word, but when those words are against the rules - we have to take action. Those are the type of posts that I remember the most. :(

vauge said:
Sorry, we only ban conservatives! Or was that liberals?

This deserves a response. I would guess (my opinion) that since RightatNYU is a conservative that he would mention conservative bans more so than others. Kinda admitting that even "our" team gets hit.

As a mod, it kinda sucks when we agree with every word, but when those words are against the rules - we have to take action. Those are the type of posts that I remember the most. :(

***The question that begs to be asked is or has there ever been a liberal banned from DP?

ptsdkid said:
***The question that begs to be asked is or has there ever been a liberal banned from DP?

Yes, many. And everytime we ban a liberal, well almost everytime, they claim we never ban cons, just libs.

Back
Top Bottom