• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is Covid that serious of a danger?

Was the disease deadly enough to warrant the reactions?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's more like a hemorrhagic fever? That sounds like more hype.
My symptoms were more like an upper respiratory flu which turned into secondary bacterial pneumonia.

Did you go to the hospital?

You're lucky it didn't turn into a Bradykinin storm....

"....As bradykinin builds up in the body, it dramatically increases vascular permeability. In short, it makes your blood vessels leaky. This aligns with recent clinical data, which increasingly views Covid-19 primarily as a vascular disease, rather than a respiratory one. But Covid-19 still has a massive effect on the lungs. As blood vessels start to leak due to a bradykinin storm, the researchers say, the lungs can fill with fluid. Immune cells also leak out into the lungs, Jacobson’s team found, causing inflammation..."​

I'm afraid, Benjamin Franklin's often overused quote may be meaningful in this case: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

I feel the country should've practiced "some" protective measures against spreading this disease, not this hodge-podge mess. But have we really purchased a significant amount of security to offset the misery and cost of the long term damage done by the shutdown, social distancing, and other measures?

"You know, putting a national lockdown, stay at home orders, is like house arrest. Other than slavery, which was a different kind of restraint, this is the greatest intrusion on civil liberties in American history," Bill Barr said.

Though this is uncomparable to slavery, in any fashion, it is becoming an incredible intrusion on our liberties. The big question is, was this disease deadly enough to warrant the reactions? Many think not and many do.

I voted "No" but this is only with the benefit of hindsight. While many of the states overreacted, I think Donald Trump failed to at least try to marshal Federal resources once this disease appeared on his radar. I said many, many months ago that the moment he found out that an easily-spread and deadly coronavirus was on the horizon and could feasibly be spread to the United States, he should have at least tried to replenish our country's depleted Strategic National Stockpile of medical equipment and PPE. More importantly, once the virus hit the United States, he should have gotten on the phone with every single governor of every single state in the Union to coordinate a national response rather than just letting each governor play it by ear.

It may not have helped too much more in the long run, and we may have faced a large number of deaths no matter what. But I think Donald Trump's being seen to be trying to get everyone to work in tandem would have contributed to a greater sense of national unity and solidarity rather than the extraordinary division that the patchwork response to the virus has exacerbated.

Last edited:
Yeah, one. What about the covid vaccine(s) coming out soon. Kind of poopoo's your whole 2028 scenario?

Someone quoted a 10-year comparison. I corrected his wrong math and extrapolated. I'm not predicting anything. I made two numbers practically comparable.

I voted "No" but this is only with the benefit of hindsight. While many of the states overreacted, I think Donald Trump failed to at least try to marshal Federal resources once this disease appeared on his radar. I said many, many months ago that the moment he found out that an easily-spread and deadly coronavirus was on the horizon and could feasibly be spread to the United States, he should have at least tried to replenish our country's depleted Strategic National Stockpile of medical equipment and PPE. More importantly, once the virus hit the United States, he should have gotten on the phone with every single governor of every single state in the Union to coordinate a national response rather than just letting each governor play it by ear.

It may not have helped too much more in the long run, and we may have faced a large number of deaths no matter what. But I think Donald Trump's being seen to be trying to get everyone to work in tandem would have contributed to a greater sense of national unity and solidarity rather than the extraordinary division that the patchwork response to the virus has exacerbated.

Trump dropped the ball for sure. But he also had to weigh a potential epidemic against a more severe panicking than what already happened. A run on the banks and worse one on food and other goods could've left the country far worse off than even earlier preparedness on covid did.

I'm afraid, Benjamin Franklin's often overused quote may be meaningful in this case: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

I feel the country should've practiced "some" protective measures against spreading this disease, not this hodge-podge mess. But have we really purchased a significant amount of security to offset the misery and cost of the long term damage done by the shutdown, social distancing, and other measures?

"You know, putting a national lockdown, stay at home orders, is like house arrest. Other than slavery, which was a different kind of restraint, this is the greatest intrusion on civil liberties in American history," Bill Barr said.

Though this is uncomparable to slavery, in any fashion, it is becoming an incredible intrusion on our liberties. The big question is, was this disease deadly enough to warrant the reactions? Many think not and many do.
now that some time has passed i'm gonna answer "Yes" COVID is a serious danger.

now that some time has passed i'm gonna answer "Yes" COVID is a serious danger.

The people who voted NO should be embarrassed as Hell.
In fact, I wonder how they can show their faces....ANYWHERE.
Covidiots are a scourge upon the world and a threat to national security.

The people who voted NO should be embarrassed as Hell.
In fact, I wonder how they can show their faces....ANYWHERE.
Covidiots are a scourge upon the world and a threat to national security.
They are not exactly a bunch of deep thinkers....

Just like a cold.

I haven't had it myself, but someone smart said that before.

Democratic Hoax.
The democratic hoax, the CDC/WHO/NIH/Fauci hoax was quarantining everyone together...The Covid sick with the non-Covid sick and those most susceptible to Covid with those not so susceptible to Covid.

Oh yeah, another established scientific and political hoax was that masks stop the spread and stop death from Covid exposure. Another hoax about Covid from established science and politics was that hospital resources were the most important resource to protect in this pandemic...preserving hospital resources over preserving lives and stopping the spread.

It has killed more Americans than WWII, and it's still killing and injuring people.

It has killed more Americans than WWII, and it's still killing and injuring people.
Everyone knew early on, in March 2020, that Covid adversely affected the elderly and those with multi co-morbidities the most but science quarantined the highly susceptible with the not so highly susceptible and and quarantined the Covid sick with the Covid non-sick.

Science's mistakes and lack of logic did the killing just as much as Covid. Science's mistakes and lack of logic also destroyed economies, psychologies and sociologies.

Everyone knew early on, in March 2020, that Covid adversely affected the elderly and those with multi co-morbidities the most but science quarantined the highly susceptible with the not so highly susceptible and and quarantined the Covid sick with the Covid non-sick.

Science's mistakes and lack of logic did the killing just as much as Covid. Science's mistakes and lack of logic also destroyed economies, psychologies and sociologies.
You don't have any grasp of the science or of how hard the scientific community has worked to help out. Write your next post on a piece of paper and flush it down the toilet. That's how interested I am in your arguments.

You don't have any grasp of the science or of how hard the scientific community has worked to help out. Write your next post on a piece of paper and flush it down the toilet. That's how interested I am in your arguments.
I use logic. Mebe if you practiced using logic, you'd be better at it.

Do you think Trump was right? :cool:

Back
Top Bottom