• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:#1459]Is COVID over?

Paradoxical

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Look at the most recent cart from the CDC on excess deaths, which months ago I said was the ONLY method that should be used.

Let me know your thoughts

With the Baby Boomers starting to drop off I am not so sure "Excess deaths" won't be going up every year regardless over the next 15-20 years.
Are people over 65 baby boomers? They are the ones dying.

The first boomers are 74
Really. So these "boomers" are old farts ad when thy're gone, that means the US is safe because most of the "boomers" will have been culled? That is what your reading of the "psychic" charts are is telling us? Or is it tea leaves? Shuffle the deck and see if he is playing with a full one, Margaret!

Really. So these "boomers" are old farts ad when thy're gone, that means the US is safe because most of the "boomers" will have been culled? That is what your reading of the "psychic" charts are is telling us? Or is it tea leaves? Shuffle the deck and see if he is playing with a full one, Margaret!

I am telling you excess deaths will be excessive with or without covid for the next 15-20 years because of the excessively populated baby boom generation.

Because of the cold, everyone is staying inside and coughing on each other.

So it's just starting.

Look at the most recent cart from the CDC on excess deaths, which months ago I said was the ONLY method that should be used.

Let me know your thoughts
Its time to let people figure it out for themselves. The co morbid are home, avoiding exposure where possible, and facing death if they are unlucky. Meanwhile, those least likely to die are sitting home going bankrupt along with the states, cities, and counties.

I am telling you excess deaths will be excessive with or without covid for the next 15-20 years because of the excessively populated baby boom generation.
Please elaborate.

Please elaborate.

I am not sure what you need to be elaborated upon. The Baby Boom got its name because of an explosion in new births during that time that far exceeded the generation before or after. They are all in or about to be in the end of life stage of life ergo there will be more deaths than existing trends because there will be more people dying from old age.

I am not sure what you need to be elaborated upon. The Baby Boom got its name because of an explosion in new births during that time that far exceeded the generation before or after. They are all in or about to be in the end of life stage of life ergo there will be more deaths than existing trends because there will be more people dying from old age.
So, you're saying you agree with my previous posts that once COVID culls the herd of old people (baby boomers) it is no longer a problem? Like in New York, New Jersey,etc.?

So, you're saying you agree with my previous posts that once COVID culls the herd of old people (baby boomers) it is no longer a problem? Like in New York, New Jersey,etc.?

I think it will go from being a crisis problem to a chronic annoyance. There is some troubling indication that getting one strain does not guarantee you any immunity from another strain as they are starting to find patients who have been infected with multiple strains in succession as opposed to one really long illness from the same strain. This would suggest a vaccine probably isn't going to happen, at least not in the way the world is hoping.

It's pretty much over in other countries. Now they just put out small fires while the rest of their population goes and sees movies released there, that can't be released here because we're so infected. Sucks.

I think it will go from being a crisis problem to a chronic annoyance. There is some troubling indication that getting one strain does not guarantee you any immunity from another strain as they are starting to find patients who have been infected with multiple strains in succession as opposed to one really long illness from the same strain. This would suggest a vaccine probably isn't going to happen, at least not in the way the world is hoping.
Agreed. This virus kills certain older people with certain health issues. When that supply of people is gone, as crass as it to say, the herd is culled. This is precisely why it left the four states back east....the herd is almost culled.

Covid will not end until the virus catches Chuck Norris and then the virus has to be quarantined.

de2d7fcadf0bad368c1d04e34d46ace8.jpg

The Baby boomers were born between 1946 and 1964.
They are currently between 56-74 years old (71.6 million in U.S.)
COVID is culling the weakest of the baby boomers then. COVID doesn't care.

COVID is culling the weakest of the baby boomers then. COVID doesn't care.

So says a Generation Z child who thinks he can continue celebrating spring break forever.

(. I taught my children when they were in grade school to respect, to help assist and take care of , the senior generation.
I told them to remember that “ if they lived long enough ... someday they would oId too. )

So says a Generation Z child who thinks he can continue celebrating spring break forever.

(. I taught my children when they were in grade school to respect, to help assist and take care of , the senior generation.
I told them to remember that “ if they lived long enough ... someday they would oId too. )
You forgot the most important thing..............you didn't tell COVID

Back
Top Bottom