• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is COVID-19 God's will?

So this is an age old question. Did God create the virus? If he did so, why?

1. If God didn't create the virus, than God isn't all powerful.

++ Not really logical. Many theologians suggest that God set the universe in motion and let it be, not that he decides to make every microbe or flea species.

2. Perhaps God can see all of the plan and how the virus fits into the plan. Something that we mortals will never understand.

++ That’s better, but still suggests that God has a plan rather than simply being the Prime Mover.

3. Perhaps when God let us have free will, he is no longer able to intervene without limiting that free will.

I like #3 the most.

++ So do I. I think that people will blame/curse/thank God based on how they define Him. Woody Allen said it best in one of his movies, “If there is a God, I don’t think He is a bad person, just an underachiever.” (Love and Death?)

So this is an age old question. Did God create the virus? If he did so, why?

1. If God didn't create the virus, than God isn't all powerful.

2. Perhaps God can see all of the plan and how the virus fits into the plan. Something that we mortals will never understand.

3. Perhaps when God let us have free will, he is no longer able to intervene without limiting that free will.

I like #3 the most.

4. there is no god

Gods come in He's and She's, So it is your imagination that is faulty.

I've never understood why humans conceptualize gods as somehow requiring a penis or a vagina.

OM

I've never understood why humans conceptualize gods as somehow requiring a penis or a vagina.

OM

I've never understood why human beings don't understand that they made up the god concept.

Man made God in his own image.

But, since no man has ever seen God, it must mean something besides His physical image...we have the capability to display God's qualities...love, mercy, justice, and even anger...

But, since no man has ever seen God, it must mean something besides His physical image...we have the capability to display God's qualities...love, mercy, justice, and even anger...

Or the converse, that humans capable of love, mercy, justice and anger attribute their own qualities to an idealized conceptualization of a god they feel must have created them. In other words, man still creating God in their own image.

OM

Back
Top Bottom