• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is Communist China the No. 1 Threat to the United States?

Is Communist China the No. 1 Threat to the United States?

• 1. Yes.

Votes: 18 26.9%
  • 2. No.

Votes: 40 59.7%
  • 3. Other. Explain.

Votes: 9 13.4%

• Total voters
You do realize that American corporations and our investor class made that happen.

All in the search of short term corporate profits

No they did not.

If was due to America, the Mexico, or India or Indonesia, ( or some other large country) would have had the development that China has had in the last 2+ decades. They have not, therefore it has to be something internal to China that India has not done that created the conditions for the growth.

China generally followed the economic progress that Japan did in the 50-80s, that South Korea did from the 70-2000s. China followed it from the 90s to now.

The progress involves building infrastructure to make the country more efficient. It involves educating the people to high levels. It involves protecting the domestic market to ensure companies build plants inside the country. China followed a slightly different plan in that it allowed foreign companies to have joint ventures and gain significant market share with the country. Note GM sells multiple times more cars in China than it does it in Japan and Korea combined the same for Ford and FCA.

The Chinese government created the conditions that allowed for the economy to grow, not US companies. US companies and consumers helped provide extra capital to make it occur faster.

The number one threat to the USA is the democrat party.

I think eventually they will take over the US as the largest economy. Don't think i like a communist country being the most powerful in the world.
China is not the type of Communism that was the Soviet Union... I think you need to look at the diverse systems that operate in China... Besides, there is nothing we can do to stop a nation of 1.5 or 1.6 billion people from being industrially industrious. The entire globe system of nation, buy from China, America and no one else can stop that. It's up to each nation to learn how to respect its own Industry and the industrious nature of its own people, and produce no less than 40%-50% or more of what it consumes, as to Natural Resources, the world has changed... There is no more nations sitting around willing to allow "American Imperialist Concepts To Craft Policy Over how they manage their natural resources"... Its about "Cooperative Mutual Benefit Agreements"...
Nation can and do respect American Currency, but America must realize, The Future of The Petro Dollar is not something that will last forever, we should be thinking of how to respect our currency by how we engage to develop Cooperative Mutual Benefit Resource Agreements, that will be the strengthening element that will help the currency equations..

There is no assurance that "The Dollar Will Remain Being The Only Currency At The Top Of The Basket.

The Global Monetary Policy is likely under a review that did not just start... If we are smart in how we navigate it, our standard of living won't change, because other nations elevate their standard of living and upgrade the quality and purchasing power of their currency. It simply means they too, create a standard of living currency valuation for their people.

Mutual Benefit Cooperative Agreement, is itself a 'Trade" paradigm change... it does not change the fact that Global Trade will Continue, it simply means, that a balance in Equity in Trade Exchanges provide mutual benefit in how it operates. The EU has already figured it out, they simply now have to work out the kinks.
Nation will not continue to "give away their resources while their people live below poverty standards", and the beauty of the model change is... People will have the equity to buy within their nations as well as what their nation imports...

So, the next 25-50 yrs will see a lot of Global Changes in uplifting people around the world.

America's greatest problem is: The Confederacy Ideological White Nationalistic Madness that has been a long term viral infection within the GOP ideology and agenda.

Good thing it is not communist then

Communist in name, state capitalist totalitarian in practice.

No they did not.

If was due to America, the Mexico, or India or Indonesia, ( or some other large country) would have had the development that China has had in the last 2+ decades. They have not, therefore it has to be something internal to China that India has not done that created the conditions for the growth.

China generally followed the economic progress that Japan did in the 50-80s, that South Korea did from the 70-2000s. China followed it from the 90s to now.

The progress involves building infrastructure to make the country more efficient. It involves educating the people to high levels. It involves protecting the domestic market to ensure companies build plants inside the country. China followed a slightly different plan in that it allowed foreign companies to have joint ventures and gain significant market share with the country. Note GM sells multiple times more cars in China than it does it in Japan and Korea combined the same for Ford and FCA.

The Chinese government created the conditions that allowed for the economy to grow, not US companies. US companies and consumers helped provide extra capital to make it occur faster.

Nonsense.

Without a massive accumulation of first world investment there, most typically from multinationals seeking to exploit its cheap labour and dearth of regulations in order to reinforce their bottom line and minimize the cost of externalities (and trillions worth of technology stolen via subterfuge and coercive partnerships from said first world over many years), China wouldn't nearly be where it is today. Certainly, China's economic ascent isn't totally the product of foreign nationals, but their complicity and involvement was absolutely indispensable to its growth, and still is, which is why China remains so eager to avoid the West assuming a unified stance against it and its barbaric oppression of minorities and democracy that is long overdue.

So, is China the No. 1 threat to the USA?

Yes. (Please explain).

No. (Please explain).

Other. (Please explain).

Yes. Thanks to anti-Americans in the republican and democrat parties kissing the asses of big corporations China now has the funds and technolgy to upgrade and expand their military. They also have a huge young adult population way much larger than ours that they can draft into military service.

China is not at point to have full fledge democracy. There's still a deep history old clan traditions and ideology, which China is working toward expanding education, and without education it cannot proceed in many areas to promote democratic reforms. Democracy relies on Education. We see what has happen in America with Uneducated people within our democracy, they become conspiracy nuts and right wing anti government fanatics. Democracy is designed for and educated society, education teaches people who to understand what is compromise for the greater good of all. It support and promote rational discourse and it enables people to understand that there is a connectivity within the diversity of traditions as well as there is a universal similarity in what is the human being.

America struggles with that coming from a long history of race based denigration of human beings, by a massively uneducated population. I'm not talking about just because people can read and write, I'm talking about the education of being able to be critical thinkers, that are not caught up in the drama and passions of divisiveness's ignorance based on race, monetary holding, and political leanings. Most people who claim themselves to be Conservatives, do not and have no invested to understand that the basis of Conservatism that many people have been taught is about limiting any investment in non white factions of society, and limiting investment in the under and uneducated poor whites of society. Schools turned to S.T.E.M and away from integrating the Civility of the Civility of Democracy and in doing so, damage the Civil Systems Principles.

Most have no idea what I'm talking about, and the under and uneducated will deny it with passion, and much passion is their defense against what they don't know and are ashamed to accept they don't know, so they embrace the passion of contempt and example it by demonstration of contentions.

We have a mass of white people who were for generation taught a bastardized version of history rife with omission and distortion and that was wrapped and sealed in a bastardized version of religious mis-education that became a dogma infused with the ignorance of racisms.

I've been writing on here a few years and I'm yet to encounter but only a few who actually engage in intellectual investigations and expressions that lead to more research and developing a broader concept in gathering information, to build a larger and more in-depth knowledge base, that they may be capable and able to embrace the realisms of Understanding.
The interesting aspect of that, they know whom they are, who become challenged by what they don't comprehend, because what they don't comprehend, they can't come to understanding, because they have chosen to avoid and push away from information, so they lack the knowledge necessary to embrace understanding.

So they choose belligerence, slap stick one line put down, attack, denial and diversions and look for false Equivalency.

Repeated shallow mind launch their attacks, when they cannot forge to destroy what is written they move on to thread they can engage their favorite pass time, which is contention belligerence wrapped in denials as their chosen diet of drama antics, and they go off feeling elevated that they have attacked something. It's symbolic of a mentality of which Don Quixote fighting windmills. (Fighting Imaginary enemies).

Young people of today, choose not to fight windmills and create and continuing concept of imaginary enemies, they seek to uncover the untold truth, and they find the beauty of diversity, they marvel as the wonderous discovery of the human experience in what is the makeup of humanities multi-ethnic and multicultural beauties.

To these ends.. when people speak about China, its not just about a Government, its about the people, each being human beings, valuing life no less than any white American values his or her life. Yet, history in America taught white society never to consider that simple God created principle of human life and the individual being.

China is not at point to have full fledge democracy. There's still a deep history old clan traditions and ideology, which China is working toward expanding education, and without education it cannot proceed in many areas to promote democratic reforms. Democracy relies on Education. We see what has happen in America with Uneducated people within our democracy, they become conspiracy nuts and right wing anti government fanatics. Democracy is designed for and educated society, education teaches people who to understand what is compromise for the greater good of all. It support and promote rational discourse and it enables people to understand that there is a connectivity within the diversity of traditions as well as there is a universal similarity in what is the human being.

America struggles with that coming from a long history of race based denigration of human beings, by a massively uneducated population. I'm not talking about just because people can read and write, I'm talking about the education of being able to be critical thinkers, that are not caught up in the drama and passions of divisiveness's ignorance based on race, monetary holding, and political leanings. Most people who claim themselves to be Conservatives, do not and have no invested to understand that the basis of Conservatism that many people have been taught is about limiting any investment in non white factions of society, and limiting investment in the under and uneducated poor whites of society. Schools turned to S.T.E.M and away from integrating the Civility of the Civility of Democracy and in doing so, damage the Civil Systems Principles...

...To these ends.. when people speak about China, its not just about a Government, its about the people, each being human beings, valuing life no less than any white American values his or her life. Yet, history in America taught white society never to consider that simple God created principle of human life and the individual being.

People thought and argued naively as you did, back in the 70s and 80s, that normalization of trade and relations with China, the rise of capitalism education, and technology would soon lead to a democratization of the country. I'm not sure how many people actually believed it so much as that they were trying to rationalize the desire of multinationals to exploit its cheap labour and regulatory vacuum, but nonetheless, that was a common sentiment.

These thinkers were proven to be spectacularly naive and wrong as the Chinese state apparatus instead harnessed the wealth, education and technology stemming from such trade with (and commercial and industrial subterfuge against) the West to make their regime even more undeniably oppressive and omniscient in its persecution of democracy; the situation is no different today, as it was then. In fact, if anything, it's notably worse with said technology and expertise being used to govern and administer such things as a social credit program that pries into the day to day personal lives of citizens, and punishes them accordingly for deviation from any behaviour the CCP considers desirable, or being used to aid in the detainment and capture of those ethnic groups like the Uighers it is currently in the process of genociding, or to persecute those who promote and defend enduring democracy including in regions where it has worked perfectly well, such as Hong Kong, until Communist party interference.

As to China valuing life no less than Americans, I would tell it to the Uighers and Tibetans getting systemically steamrolled, tortured and decimated in that country; I'd say they value life somewhere in the ballpark of Nazi Germany in light of their atrocious and unconscionable behaviour.

Excusing China and its government for its many atrocities because it is merely in a process of transition to a free society is absurd and wrong-headed, both because the transition has in fact been towards something even worse than what came before (barring perhaps, the era of mass ruination presided over by Mao), and because that government is clearly not interested in any expression of democracy, even in the case of longstanding and effective instances such as Hong Kong which it brutally oppressed.

People thought and argued naively as you did, back in the 70s and 80s, that normalization of trade and relations with China, the rise of capitalism education, and technology would soon lead to a democratization of the country. I'm not sure how many people actually believed it so much as that they were trying to rationalize the desire of multinationals to exploit its cheap labour and regulatory vacuum, but nonetheless, that was a common sentiment.

These thinkers were proven to be spectacularly naive and wrong as the Chinese state apparatus instead harnessed the wealth, education and technology stemming from such trade with (and commercial and industrial subterfuge against) the West to make their regime even more undeniably oppressive and omniscient in its persecution of democracy; the situation is no different today, as it was then. In fact, if anything, it's notably worse with said technology and expertise being used to govern and administer such things as a social credit program that pries into the day to day personal lives of citizens, and punishes them accordingly for deviation from any behaviour the CCP considers desirable, or being used to aid in the detainment and capture of those ethnic groups like the Uighers it is currently in the process of genociding, or to persecute those who promote and defend enduring democracy including in regions where it has worked perfectly well, such as Hong Kong, until Communist party interference.

As to China valuing life no less than Americans, I would tell it to the Uighers and Tibetans getting systemically steamrolled, tortured and decimated in that country; I'd say they value life somewhere in the ballpark of Nazi Germany in light of their atrocious and unconscionable behaviour.

Excusing China and its government for its many atrocities because it is merely in a process of transition to a free society is absurd and wrong-headed, both because the transition has in fact been towards something even worse than what came before (barring perhaps, the era of mass ruination presided over by Mao), and because that government is clearly not interested in any expression of democracy, even in the case of longstanding and effective instances such as Hong Kong which it brutally oppressed.
I get what you are saying.... I just think that China can't forever hold such a iron grip over the people, nor do what it has done to HKG.... The old generation will die out at some point in time, and the people with the vast wealth will find means to fund the younger people in their struggle for more freedoms and human rights.
The current leader ... is far too rigid and full of old dogma.
I do think the elements I discussed to be real, but I understand the regime in place at this time.. are too hunger for power, and at some point it has to backfire, because you people now have too much awareness of what is within the broader scope of the world.

I'd hope in the next decade that things change and do so with drastic impact for humanity sake and the sake of the freedom of the people.

I absolutely don't understand in the last bit why the vile acts against Uighers and Tibetans .... but at some point the regime will have to pay for these atrocities against these people.

I get what you are saying.... I just think that China can't forever hold such a iron grip over the people, nor do what it has done to HKG.... The old generation will die out at some point in time, and the people with the vast wealth will find means to fund the younger people in their struggle for more freedoms and human rights.
The current leader ... is far too rigid and full of old dogma.
I do think the elements I discussed to be real, but I understand the regime in place at this time.. are too hunger for power, and at some point it has to backfire, because you people now have too much awareness of what is within the broader scope of the world.

I'd hope in the next decade that things change and do so with drastic impact for humanity sake and the sake of the freedom of the people.

I absolutely don't understand in the last bit why the vile acts against Uighers and Tibetans .... but at some point the regime will have to pay for these atrocities against these people.

I hope you're right, but I very much doubt it; I think you're pinning too much on a change of guard that will take a long time to come, particularly when Xi has been so aggressive in purging the CCP of any rival factions; one of the things he has unfortunately been very keen on is continuity of totalitarian, iron-clad communist party rule, and I frankly don't see much to suggest things will change in the immediate or intermediate future, particularly when China's trajectory on this has entirely been in the wrong direction.

I hope you're right, but I very much doubt it; I think you're pinning too much on a change of guard that will take a long time to come, particularly when Xi has been so aggressive in purging the CCP of any rival factions; one of the things he has unfortunately been very keen on is continuity of totalitarian, iron-clad communist party rule, and I frankly don't see much to suggest things will change in the immediate or intermediate future, particularly when China's trajectory on this has entirely been in the wrong direction.
I certainly don't disagree with that... but I prefer to lean to "Hopefulness"... The world has changed so much over the centuries and generations, and some has come in amazing fashion and manner.
People are becoming more and more informed, and part of totalitarianism, dictators, tyrants and as we've seen in modern day Republicanism... is Under-eduated and uneducated people are a damaging force to civility and lean to supporting and being led by totalitarianism, dictators, tyrants and as we've seen today, Republicanism promoting Authoritarianism.
In many of these places it's still a "skin color ignorance", I've seen it in foreign location, and we see it in America, we see it right next door in Mexico, where the white Mexican support any leadership that will give and keep them with power and wealthy above the more brown skin Mexicans. China has a issue with white skin Chinese who want a better life than more tan skin Chinese, and we certainly know in America, Republicanism is deeply rooted and entrenched in white people historical aims to diminished anything they think will bring parity to black, brown, tan, and non white immigrants.

The Dictionary should change the Definition of the word "White"... because it does not represent everything as being good and pure, and certainly does not represent any of the things people try to associate to skin color, and the definition of black certainly does not even remotely associate to the character of people who are the various shades of color that is within people with darker skin.

Then there is the ignorance that Religious Dogma promotes, and much of that is about gathering money and political power... Those are born of raw and over time groomed and trained ignorance.

It took China many centuries to bring continuity among the clans, they have done a lot of work in that area, but China's leadership in the north as you discussed in previous atrocities... is a travesty against humanity.

China may think that it's current day wealthy is more than what it actually represents, through all their building and developments, they have major issues, and much involved "maintenance cost", and those cost increase every day. They don't have enough high level wealth as they think to uplift and provide the top quality program services for all their people. They have issues with natural disasters that still to this day can devastate massive areas, because of the centuries of shoddy building practices in densely populated areas. They will have even more environmental issues that currently exist, but they hide it behind controls on the media, but NO Nation can be an Industrial Powerhouse without creating massive waste and contaminations. We know that first hand, because the Superfund, started in the 1990's is still finding the cost of clean up to be increasing expensive.

Turns of events is a realism that no man can predict... and none of these leaders of any nation can control. They can only work to react... and reacting is costly.

I certainly don't disagree with that... but I prefer to lean to "Hopefulness"... The world has changed so much over the centuries and generations, and some has come in amazing fashion and manner.
People are becoming more and more informed, and part of totalitarianism, dictators, tyrants and as we've seen in modern day Republicanism... is Under-eduated and uneducated people are a damaging force to civility and lean to supporting and being led by totalitarianism, dictators, tyrants and as we've seen today, Republicanism promoting Authoritarianism.
In many of these places it's still a "skin color ignorance", I've seen it in foreign location, and we see it in America, we see it right next door in Mexico, where the white Mexican support any leadership that will give and keep them with power and wealthy above the more brown skin Mexicans. China has a issue with white skin Chinese who want a better life than more tan skin Chinese, and we certainly know in America, Republicanism is deeply rooted and entrenched in white people historical aims to diminished anything they think will bring parity to black, brown, tan, and non white immigrants.

The Dictionary should change the Definition of the word "White"... because it does not represent everything as being good and pure, and certainly does not represent any of the things people try to associate to skin color, and the definition of black certainly does not even remotely associate to the character of people who are the various shades of color that is within people with darker skin.

Then there is the ignorance that Religious Dogma promotes, and much of that is about gathering money and political power... Those are born of raw and over time groomed and trained ignorance.

It took China many centuries to bring continuity among the clans, they have done a lot of work in that area, but China's leadership in the north as you discussed in previous atrocities... is a travesty against humanity.

China may think that it's current day wealthy is more than what it actually represents, through all their building and developments, they have major issues, and much involved "maintenance cost", and those cost increase every day. They don't have enough high level wealth as they think to uplift and provide the top quality program services for all their people. They have issues with natural disasters that still to this day can devastate massive areas, because of the centuries of shoddy building practices in densely populated areas. They will have even more environmental issues that currently exist, but they hide it behind controls on the media, but NO Nation can be an Industrial Powerhouse without creating massive waste and contaminations. We know that first hand, because the Superfund, started in the 1990's is still finding the cost of clean up to be increasing expensive.

Turns of events is a realism that no man can predict... and none of these leaders of any nation can control. They can only work to react... and reacting is costly.

I don't think Xi or his faction really gives a damn about race so much as about having the communist party, and more specifically his faction of the communist party, remain in absolute power.

If there's a racial component to his actions, beyond of course the persecution of minorities that ultimately has more to do with their assumed political affiliations and alignment, I've yet to hear of it. Internal political conflicts in China come down more to ideology than racial subdivision. Also, again, it's not so much a lack of education that is the problem, unless you want to include state propaganda misinformation under that umbrella; China has made huge strides in educating its populace, but as noted, it's become all the more dictatorial and autocratic in spite of it, with that education being harnessed to develop better tools for oppression.

I don't think Xi or his faction really gives a damn about race so much as about having the communist party, and more specifically his faction of the communist party, remain in absolute power.

If there's a racial component to his actions, beyond of course the persecution of minorities that ultimately has more to do with their assumed political affiliations and alignment, I've yet to hear of it. Internal political conflicts in China come down more to ideology than racial subdivision. Also, again, it's not so much a lack of education that is the problem, unless you want to include state propaganda misinformation under that umbrella; China has made huge strides in educating its populace, but as noted, it's become all the more dictatorial and autocratic in spite of it, with that education being harnessed to develop better tools for oppression.
Actually if you've looked within the Chinese society, they have a long history of associating with whiteness of skin, as being elite, and dark skin as common labor people. I've witnessed that first hand and also saw the differences in jobs types that white skin Chinese have vs those which dark skin Chinese have.
( pale skin is sought-after amongst Chinese )

We don't disagree about the addiction to Power Hunger by the Regime of Leadership.

Well, I'd respond that the pandemic originated in China, and it's spread was the direct result of the Chinese government's failure to deal with it immediately and cooperatively. I'd also suggest that much of the "domestic terrorism" we've being seeing is either a direct or indirect result of Chinese communist efforts to influence radical elements, and undermine our social ideals. Report: BLM co-founder lobbying wing funded by pro-Communist China group (msn.com)

You can suggest anything but when I went to read the article from the Washington Examiner I found it more an essay than any sort of fact finder- source citing report. More an opinion piece pretending to be a report.... ✌

Back
Top Bottom