• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is CNN Turning Over a New Leaf?

I heard about the Trump phone story on NPR. PBS and NPR are favorite far right whipping boys.

Right-wingers say every news source that tells the truth is biased to the left. They never want to admit their sources are blatant lies to get people like them to vote in November. If a Republican says news source is biased, it is the truth they don't want to hear.

Lol.

You are so lost.

The facts prove the opposite. It is pure partisan propaganda.

Sad how many Americans have been duped. It's evil and could be the end of American democracy.

Fox fell in line with the Russian narrative in lock step with NyTimes. Lied to us then; lied on November 4 2020. Better than the rest but still liars. Worse in some ways.
Lol.

Amazing.

Since Trump is no longer president there is no "moral imperative" for CNN to spend 80% of their broadcast day covering reasons he sucks. Also, having been burned on dozens of "bombshell" stories over the past 5 years they may be trying to build back at least a shred of integrity.

The moral imperative right now is my avatar. CNN knows the most important events are in Eastern Europe. Your beloved Fox News only cares about Trump the Terrorist and people like him.

The facts say the opposite.

A Special FAIR Report–The Most Biased Name in News: Fox News Channel Extraordinary Right-Wing Tilt​

These are the most and least biased news outlets in the US​

Spoiler.....Fox is #1

Most of you have heard by now that CNN broke the story that Donald Trump was doing nothing out of the ordinary bypassing the WH switchboard on Jan 6. He mostly used the switchboard for calls when he was in the residence, but not at work. So the 'BOMBSHELL' of 7 +hours of calls missing from the WH phone logs (reported by WaPo) was a nothing burger.

The point is, can you imagine CNN going after a story like that a year ago, that makes Donald look less guilty? I could see them mentioning it, maybe, if another outlet found it out, but to go burrowing for tne truth? About DJT? Not a year ago.

There's been a change in management at CNN. Zucker is gone, Chris Licht is in. He is reported to want to return CNN to a hard-news outlet. They did take one of Fox's most respected interviewers, Chris Wallace, although I hear he's only on the streaming service programming right now. CNN has also merged with Discovery, which may make a difference. Or not.

Do any of you who watch cable news see any difference yet in CNN?

It seems he is trying to move from the highly partisan reporting that they did for the entire Trump presidency. A few normal news stories are not that change yet. Time will tell if they get their reputation back from many years of highly partisan/biased propaganda pushing.

The facts say the opposite.

A Special FAIR Report–The Most Biased Name in News: Fox News Channel Extraordinary Right-Wing Tilt​

These are the most and least biased news outlets in the US​

Spoiler.....Fox is #1
Great you know FOX is # 1! Of course FOX will be attacked. They kick the lefts butt everyday.

Great you know FOX is # 1! Of course FOX will be attacked. They kick the lefts butt everyday.
They are popular BECAUSE they tell the ignorant masses what they want to hear.

You know popularity and credibility are two totally different things right?

Credible sources are not as popular because they tell the hard truths, report things that many don't want to hear.

The moral imperative right now is my avatar. CNN knows the most important events are in Eastern Europe. Your beloved Fox News only cares about Trump the Terrorist and people like him.
Just such a clueless post. FOX reports live multiple times a day from Ukraine. They had a camera man killed and a reporter seriously wounded there.

They are popular BECAUSE they tell the ignorant masses what they want to hear.

You know popularity and credibility are two totally different things right?

Credible sources are not as popular because they tell the hard truths, report things that many don't want to hear.
Seem angry again. FOX #1 and there is not one thing you can do to change that fact.
We all know FOX is very credible and reliable. Who pushed the Russian collusion lie for years? Not credible to do that. FOX told the truth about that!

So who lied about phony Russian collusion?
ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, NYT, Washington Post and many others!
They have no credibility. Zero!!

Seem angry again. FOX #1 and there is not one thing you can do to change that fact.
We all know FOX is very credible and reliable. Who pushed the Russian collusion lie for years? Not credible to do that. FOX told the truth about that!

So who lied about phony Russian collusion?
ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, NYT, Washington Post and many others!
They have no credibility. Zero!!
Fox is the opposite of credible and reliable.

That is an objective fact.

Right-wingers say every news source that tells the truth is biased to the left. They never want to admit their sources are blatant lies to get people like them to vote in November. If a Republican says news source is biased, it is the truth they don't want to hear.

Oh, please, PV. All of the major news networks are biased to the left or right.

Well, FWIW, I just glanced through CNN's home page and it was refreshingly "here's what's up" in nature. That was a pleasant surprise.

I then checked Fox News and it's the same old Fox still, stoking culture wars and trying to poke liberals in the eyes.
CNN's viewer share had dropped substantially and in the long term they are a business and a business that was beginning to fail financially. They had to take some steps to stop the bleeding. I can remember watching CNN many years back, but they got so obviously left wing biased I couldn't watch for any more than to do a comparison of the news stories and how they got covered. Still, it's a long way for them to go to get back to straight news reporting, so we will have to see.

Fox is the opposite of credible and reliable.

That is an objective fact.
Well that's you opinion anyway. Fox for instance covered the Hunter Biden story from the beginning and most all other news agencies completely ignored it. The laptop story was brushed off as Russian disinformation and now we see that several news outlets have acknowledged that the laptop story is true. Where is will go is still unknown but there are many stories that Fox covered that the rest ignored.

CNN's viewer share had dropped substantially and in the long term they are a business and a business that was beginning to fail financially. They had to take some steps to stop the bleeding. I can remember watching CNN many years back, but they got so obviously left wing biased I couldn't watch for any more than to do a comparison of the news stories and how they got covered. Still, it's a long way for them to go to get back to straight news reporting, so we will have to see.
True. They could survive as a straight news channel, or as an entertainment channel masquerading as a news channel like Fox News, but they weren't going to succeed as an opinion outlet that straddled the two extremes. So, it's not a surprise if they were struggling. If they've made a choice to return to their roots, then I think that is great and I wish them success.

Fox News of course is really an entertainment channel, and like the Kardashians, you don't need quality or factual news to succeed financially. You only need fancy graphics, loud personalities, jingles and catch phrases. (And, of course, the gumption to declare in court that your programs aren't actually news when hosts get sued.) But, that also means Fox isn't actually competing with CNN or the like; it's really competing with other entertainment media platforms like Netflix or Hulu and needless to say, when it comes to to financial strength, Fox gets its clock cleaned by those entertainment media outlets every day.

CNN and the other leftist media outlets have already done their damage. It doesnt matter that they have come out and said "ooooooopsie....sorry....." because they have already said "HOLY SCANDAL...TRUMP HID 7 HOURS OF PHONE RECORDS!!!!" and the leftists have already swallowed fully and will repeat the same lies 6 years from now.
WORSE THAN WATERGATE!!!!

smh that CNN gets props for correcting another "THE WALLS ARE CLOSING IN ON TRUMP MWAHAHAHA!" hit piece.

Wiley E. Coyote running off the edge of the cliff with an ACME anvil. Every. Damn. Time.

It's evil and could be the end of American democracy.
Thank you for your opinion.

Some people (including me) have a contrary opinion: that FOX has saved American democracy by giving the truth that is ignored by the liberal media.

For example, just today I learned (thanks to FOX) that while some Disney executives are excoriating Florida's new controversial law on what young children can learn, the same corporation is expanding its activities in the Middle East, where being gay invites imprisonment or death. (Egypt goes on social media to entrap gays, for example.)

Have a nice weekend!

I'm getting the impression that not many DP'ers watch CNN. That surprises me a little, because of the lean on this board, but the more I think about it, maybe I shouldn't be. The folks here are a pretty well informed group and come up with some interesting sources. Neither Fox nor CNN will give you much of an education these days.

I was just curious about CNN because when I stopped watching it, it was 100% Trump bashing. Not that I was a Trump fan, but I didn't want to spend every blessed minute talking about him, either.

Thank you for your opinion.

Some people (including me) have a contrary opinion: that FOX has saved American democracy by giving the truth that is ignored by the liberal media.

For example, just today I learned (thanks to FOX) that while some Disney executives are excoriating Florida's new controversial law on what young children can learn, the same corporation is expanding its activities in the Middle East, where being gay invites imprisonment or death. (Egypt goes on social media to entrap gays, for example.)

Have a nice weekend!
But it isn't truth.

You have been duped. They are manipulating you. And in true irwellian fashion they have you convinced that they tell the truth and the real news is lying.

I cited sources.

You ignored them.

It is an objective fact that Fox is not credible.

I need to find a replacement for The Hill until I get over being pissed about them turning off their comments section. That was some serious comedy.

Yeah? Are you suggesting that FOX doesn't cover Ukraine?

Fox says a lot of lies about Trump the Terrorist, as usual. So I can't trust their news about Ukraine. If I want Ukraine news, I am going to CNN.

Back
Top Bottom