• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is Chris Davis Juicing?

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
37 dingers by the All Star break. Record pace. Not bad. Is he doing it without roids, HGH or secret trips to a dark office run by some supplement-injecting quack with an MD?

Would Chris Davis be the true HR king? - SweetSpot Blog - ESPN

Davis himself considers Maris the record holder, telling ESPN's "Mike & Mike" in early July that "the reason being, he was the last guy to do it clean. There's a lot of things that have been said about the guys who have come after him and have achieved the record, but I think as far as the fans are concerned they still view Maris as being the all-time home run record [holder] and I think you have to. There's no doubt that Barry [Bonds] and Mark [McGwire] and any of those guys had ridiculous seasons and had some great years, but I think when you get to the root of the record, I still think it's Roger Maris.'"
He talks like he's clean. But...is he?

Juice saved baseball. I dont believe MLB really wants to stop it.

Juice saved baseball. I dont believe MLB really wants to stop it.

Doesn't look like they are trying very hard. No HGH testing and the tests for everything else are not exactly random and surprise like they are for Olympians and TDF cyclists.

I have my suspicions, and I'm an Orioles fan, so I hope he's not juicing. These days I'm always suspicious when a player puts up those kind of numbers.

That said, his record tying "before the all star break" is a little misleading. He hit 37 HRs in 96 games. Reggie Jackson hit 37 HRs in 81 games I believe it was, Bonds hit 39 in 80 or 81 games. So, an extra half a month worth of games for Davis to accomplish the same feat that others did in less games. I have no idea why they still refer to the all star game as the unofficial half way point.

I have my suspicions, and I'm an Orioles fan, so I hope he's not juicing. These days I'm always suspicious when a player puts up those kind of numbers.

That said, his record tying "before the all star break" is a little misleading. He hit 37 HRs in 96 games. Reggie Jackson hit 37 HRs in 81 games I believe it was, Bonds hit 39 in 80 or 81 games. So, an extra half a month worth of games for Davis to accomplish the same feat that others did in less games. I have no idea why they still refer to the all star game as the unofficial half way point.
Oh. So they are ten games over the half-way point. That's important. Thanks

And some times people have to look at the numbers. If this was Brady Anderson doing this in 2013, I'd say he was juicing.. back in 1996 didn't seem like it and he's still been proven clean despite all the outing done by former players.

But Chris Davis is a bit different. Davis is finally in 3rd full season in the majors. For his career (162 game season) so far he would be doing 33 HR, 97 RBIs and batting .268. Not bad for anybody, not bad for a all or nothing swing hitter as well. Davis is a different hitter this year. He's getting more walks (has more then he did last year), his strikeouts are down (needs 54 in 40 games to match last year) and he just 28 hits shy of last year with 63 games left. That adds up to a .320 hitter, more home runs, more RBIs. Cause 1 extra hit (including HR) or walk every 5 abs can make you a .300 hitter or add 10 or 20 home runs in a season.

Here is the first 33 homers..

There is no indication whatsoever, zero evidence, that Chris Davis is juicing. It's all innuendo. Increased performance is not evidence of PED use.

Back
Top Bottom