• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Is childhood obesity an important issue?

Perhaps I missed something, but what does the dominant political party have to do with obesity.

Look at the original article. They are saying that people are getting fatter while a certain party is in power.

Democrat or Republican in office, I'm still a lazy bum who refuses to get off my arse.

LiberalFINGER said:
Democrat or Republican in office, I'm still a lazy bum who refuses to get off my arse.

Carefull... if you start accepting personal responsibility... we'll start thinking you're a conservative.... :shock:

I think there's a much easier explanation for why Americans are getting fatter and it has to do with economics.
Here it is
Are you ready?
THE **** TASTES GOOD AND EXCERCISE IS HARD!
Who wants to go out and cook a good meal? It's work! Who wants to go run a few miles? It's Hard! Who's fault is it? Your OWN! Everyday people get bombarded by messages that say, "Eat Healthy" "Diet" "Lose Weight" "Live Longer" How can you blame society? Society doesn't tell people it's alright to be fat. Our society hates fat people. Do you see any fat people on the covers of magazines? Of course not! They're unattractive! They're unhealthy! But these same magazines and tv shows still sell ads for people to lose weight but what do they do? Go open up a bag of doritos and flip the page.

Back
Top Bottom