• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Is Cheney going to resign?

shuamort

Pundit-licious
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Cheney resignation rumors fly
Sparked by today's Washington Post story that suggests Vice President Cheney's office is involved in the Plame-CIA spy link investigation, government officials and advisers passed around rumors that the vice president might step aside and that President Bush would elevate Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice.

"It's certainly an interesting but I still think highly doubtful scenario," said a Bush insider. "And if that should happen," added the official, "there will undoubtedly be those who believe the whole thing was orchestrated – another brilliant Machiavellian move by the VP."

Said another Bush associate of the rumor, "Yes. This is not good." The rumor spread so fast that some Republicans by late morning were already drawing up reasons why Rice couldn't get the job or run for president in 2008.

I doubt it. Cheney himself hasn't really been implicated in the leak. Since Libby and Rove are still around, I don't see why Cheney would resign.

Sounds like a Beltway rumor that will blow over by tomorrow. Of course I could be wrong.

I doubt that. Not before something is released anyways. Besides Cheney is too smart to let himself get directly involved. Someone else will take the blame.

Gotta wonder if he knows something we dont.....hmmmm

Cheney would find a way to weasel out and of it and put the blame on someone else.

scottyz said:
Cheney would find a way to weasel out and of it and put the blame on someone else.

Your error is assuming that Cheney is guilty of anything;...of course your hoping speaks for itself!

I think you resent Cheney because in truth, ..Cheney IS one well connected guy, & in fact could be president, & much much more IF he actually wanted that position.

Be glad he doesn't, he would make the democrats look much more foolish & inept than they already do.:smile:

Cheney resigning would be the best way to get a republican back in the white house in '08. Someone new coming in as VP could be seen as clean of scandal but with real experience. That person could really be marketed as the next president.

KBicknel said:
Cheney resigning would be the best way to get a republican back in the white house in '08. Someone new coming in as VP could be seen as clean of scandal but with real experience. That person could really be marketed as the next president.
Didn't work for Nixon.

scottyz said:
Didn't work for Nixon.

I really think it could be spun in a way to benefit the republicans. Not saying that it would definitely work because there is a lot of room for error but it's not a bad plan....no worse than anything else.

Dick Cheney is no quitter...No way he resigns.........book it...........

Yeah, Cheney won't resign uless his health gets too poor. This scandal won't make him resign unless he goes to trial which I doubt will happen.

I doubt that it will happen either but I think it could be spun to the "rights" advantage. And Cheney isn't too healthy so anything could happen there.

Back
Top Bottom