• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is Buzzfeed considered MSM or non-MSM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

madasheck

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Just wondering ...

Just wondering ...

If by being an established news media outlet with a television (such as CNN, CBS, Fox News, MSNBC) and/or a print presence? No.

If by being an established news media outlet with a high degree of journalistic responsibility and editorial standards a la the Washington Post or Wall Street Journal? Certainly not. They appear to be more of an internet tabloid along the lines of a National Enquirer than an internet news outlet. If what they print happens to be the unvarnished truth, that is more of a happy coincidence than the outright intention of getting traffic.

Last edited:
Just wondering ...

According to the rules:

• *BN* - Mainstream Media: A news service whose primary means of distribution is print, broadcast, or wire services. Local newspapers forced to switch to a digital format may aslo be placed here as well as AP stories reposted to the web free of additional commentary.
Examples Include: CNN, Washington Post, The Wall Street Journal, The Associated Press

• *BN* - Non-MSM: A news service whose primary means of distribution is the internet or is found in a section of a MSM news service labeled as "Blogs".
Examples Include: The Drudge Report, Huffington Post, ABC News Blog, YouTube

I would think they would be considered Non-MSM since they are more like the Drudge Report and Huffington Post IMO.

According to the rules:

I would think they would be considered Non-MSM since they are more like the Drudge Report and Huffington Post IMO.

I was actually thinking they'd be MSM, but thanks for the comments. I'm working on something for the Non-MSM section now.

Since the so called MSM has become more similar to the tabloids over the past 3 years, I think the outlets that qualify as MSM should be drastically reduced.

Buzz feed is the terrorist wing of NBC. :lamo

Not MSM.

/thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom