• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Is BUSH still telling us LIES??

Is Bush still telling lies?

• Yes, He's a compulsive lyer.

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Yes, But it's ok because he doesn't know it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, He's a good christian, and does God's bidding.

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • No, He's the president. He wouldn't lie.

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

ban.the.electoral.college

Progressive, Green
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Last edited:
Your life is in danger Your life is in danger Your life is in danger Your life is in danger quick give us your kids so we can send em to war.

ban.the.electoral.college said:
"We will defeat the terrorists," Bush said. "We will build a free Iraq that will fight terrorists instead of giving them aid and sanctuary."

I just caught Bush telling another lie, one that he should know is a lie. Iraq never gave aid or sanctuary to terrorists. In fact, Saddam, was a control freak as dictators usually are. And he was at odds with Al-Queada inspite of popular belief. How much can the american people take??

Seems like a pretty loaded poll: You vote against Bush....or you vote against Bush.

Very objective indeed!

President Bush's statements on Iraq's weapons of mass destruction

Readers may not recall exactly what President Bush said about weapons of mass destruction; I certainly didn't. Thus, I have compiled these statements below. In reviewing them, I saw that he had, indeed, been as explicit and declarative as I had recalled.

Bush's statements, in chronological order, were:

"Right now, Iraq is expanding and improving facilities that were used for the production of biological weapons."

United Nations address, September 12, 2002

"Iraq has stockpiled biological and chemical weapons, and is rebuilding the facilities used to make more of those weapons."

"We have sources that tell us that Saddam Hussein recently authorized Iraqi field commanders to use chemical weapons -- the very weapons the dictator tells us he does not have."

Radio address, October 5, 2002

"The Iraqi regime . . . possesses and produces chemical and biological weapons. It is seeking nuclear weapons."

"We know that the regime has produced thousands of tons of chemical agents, including mustard gas, sarin nerve gas, VX nerve gas."

"We've also discovered through intelligence that Iraq has a growing fleet of manned and unmanned aerial vehicles that could be used to disperse chemical or biological weapons across broad areas. We're concerned that Iraq is exploring ways of using these UAVS for missions targeting the United States."

"The evidence indicates that Iraq is reconstituting its nuclear weapons program. Saddam Hussein has held numerous meetings with Iraqi nuclear scientists, a group he calls his "nuclear mujahideen" -- his nuclear holy warriors. Satellite photographs reveal that Iraq is rebuilding facilities at sites that have been part of its nuclear program in the past. Iraq has attempted to purchase high-strength aluminum tubes and other equipment needed for gas centrifuges, which are used to enrich uranium for nuclear weapons."

Cincinnati, Ohio speech, October 7, 2002

"Our intelligence officials estimate that Saddam Hussein had the materials to produce as much as 500 tons of sarin, mustard and VX nerve agent."

State of the Union Address, January 28, 2003

"Intelligence gathered by this and other governments leaves no doubt that the Iraq regime continues to possess and conceal some of the most lethal weapons ever devised."

Address to the nation, March 17, 2003
SOURCE

Congresswoman Barbara Lee (Dem., Calif.) has introduced a Resolution of Inquiry in the House of Representatives (H. Res 375) which, if passed, will require the White House and the State Department to "transmit all information relating to communication with officials of the United Kingdom between January 1, 2002, and October 16, 2002, relating to the policy of the United States with respect to Iraq.

Resolution of Inquiry into Bush Lies: Time for Action

Congress is back in session after summer break, and there are now 61 co-sponsors of Barbara Lee's Resolution of Inquiry into the Downing Street Memos - including one Republican member of the International Relations Committee, Jim Leach. A vote in committee will come between Sept. 6 and Sept. 15. Now is the time to contact YOUR congress member. Whether or not they serve on the IR Committee, we need them to co-sponsor the Resolution. They come back to work on Tuesday. Call them first thing!

FOR MORE INFORMATION:

http://www.afterdowningstreet.org/?q=node/902

I compiled a short list of some of Bush's Lies:

"Axis of evil"- Identified by Bush as consisting of Iran, Iraq, and North Korea. Unlike most other evil axes, these 3 countries don't have good relations, the same ideaology, genocidal dreams, or means of intention or conqering enemies.

"Class Warfare"- He accused everyone of waging this if you dared point out that Bush's budget and tax policies did indeed favor the wealthy.

"Clinton recession"- Ahh yes, does this compare to the current recession that began in 2001 under Bush, and continued for at least the next 3 years?

"Economic stimulus"- Massive tax cuts for big corporations and the rich that failed to stimulate anything.

"Energy security"- The barely lessened dependence on Mid East oil to be achieved by drilling in the US national parks and wildernesses.

"Special interests"- These include unions and environmentalists He fails to mention the oil, gas, or coal industry, HMOs, the gun lobby, or right- wing protestant fundamentalists.

Last edited:
Thanks kal-el. That's a great list. Here, check this out. It'll blow your MIND!!!!

http://www.costofwar.com/index-public-education.html

O man, our money could have been put to better use, instead of paying for W's stupid, ficticious war. I know this thread is about him lying,and he is a compulsive lyer if anything, but he is totally unfit to run the country, and to put it bluntly, he is a moron. "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?" "You teach a child to read, and he or she will be able to pass a literacy test." "They've misunderestimated me.""You've got to love your neighbor like you liked to be loved yourself." "It isn't pollution that's harming the environment, it's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it." "More and more of our imports come from overseas."

As you see, he's clearly an illerate idiot. By reading these, you would think an elementary schooler said these, but no it's our President that so many of the people want to stick up for.

Last edited:
gdalton said:
:laughat:"illerate idiot" :lamo

You know what I mean. At least I'm not an extremely important public figure that mangles the English language, like our buddy GWB. If I misspell a word, only a few might laugh, W, as all of his actions are under a microscope, if he misspells, the whole world laughs. There's a big difference here.

gdalton said:
:laughat:"illerate idiot" :lamo

laughing at typos, does not make you look intelligent. It just makes you look like an asshole. Thanks for putting that out in the clear, so that we need not wonder.

laughing at typos, does not make you look intelligent. It just makes you look like an asshole. Thanks for putting that out in the clear, so that we need not wonder.

:2wave: Glad you enjoyed my post so much. Sorry you guys can't handle a little ribbing now and then.

Boy...thanks alot for depressing me everyone!

All anyone had to do was look at Bush's record as Governor of Texas to realize he's not deserving of anyone's vote, but that's the republican spin machine for you...can't defend your candidate? Attack your opponent and keep spreading those lies.

I will say this, I saw Laura Bush on the tele the other day, and she handled herself very well with the news media.

What an intelligent woman like that is doing with an idiot like her husband is beyond my understanding? She definetly has the brains of the family.

gdalton said:
:2wave: Glad you enjoyed my post so much. Sorry you guys can't handle a little ribbing now and then.

Tension runs high these days. I can take a ribbing, but it seemed you were writing to insult. I did actually think it was funny, but then I felt the need to back up kal-el, seeing as I am not familiar with your posts. Sometimes, it is difficult to judge one's intent.

You know what I mean. At least I'm not an extremely important public figure that mangles the English language, like our buddy GWB. If I misspell a word, only a few might laugh, W, as all of his actions are under a microscope, if he misspells, the whole world laughs. There's a big difference here.

Your right. So be a little compassionate will ya?

3 lies come to mind right away when I think of George W Bush. His motto seemed to be "run center, govern right" If you guys remember back that far, Bush first campaigned as a moderate, he promised compassion, and promised to "restore dignity to the White House." We all see how that turned out.:smile: His campaign was a trojan horse, it smuggled into Washington the most aggressive right-wing regime in decades. For those of us who belived Bush's words- we were indeed in for a rude awakening. If not the very morning after inauguaration, then within the first days and weeks, as W appointed a religious conservative nut as Attorney General and a mining lobbiest and anti-environmentalist as Interior Secretary, fired his first shot at abortion rights, opened an assault on the Clean Air Act, and turned down the Kyoto accord- giving notice that from now on, the US would do as the White House, its corporate clients, and it's right-winged chickenhawks desired. Global opinion,alliances, and all consequences are ****ed.

The 2nd lie that stands out is his insistance that the closest Presidential election in history somehow gave him a mandate to convert the US to a radical shift to the right.

The 3rd lie is definetly the threat posed by Iraq. Did W ever tell the public a word of truth about why we were in Iraq, or about the seriousness of the threat? Depending on who you ask, the reasoning keeps shifting as this or that claim falls apart. The major lie is that Iraq was part of the "war on terror". I ask, what had suddenly made Iraq- a regional power much diminished by the Gulf War, and which had been kept contained for 11 years- a threat we could not live with? Iraq is the central front on the war on terror now. In 2002, it was'nt.

Last edited:
3 lies come to mind right away when I think of George W Bush. His motto seemed to be "run center, govern right" If you guys remember back that far, Bush first campaigned as a moderate, he promised compassion, and promised to "restore dignity to the White House." We all see how that turned out. His campaign was a trojan horse, it smuggled into Washington the most aggressive right-wing regime in decades. For those of us whobelived Bush's words- we were indeed in for a rude awakening. If not the very morning after inauguaration, then within the first days and weeks, as W appointed a religious conservative nut as Attorney General and a mining lobbiest and anti-environmentalist as Interior Secretary, fired his first shot at abortion rights, opened an assault on the Clean Air Act, and turned down the Kyoto accord- giving notice that from now on, the US would do as the White House, its corporate clients, and it's right-winged chickenhawks desired. Global opinion,alliances, and all consequences are ****ed.

The 2nd lie that stands out is his insistance that the closest Presidential election in history somehow gave him a mandate to convert the US to a radical shift to the right.

The 3rd lie is definetly the threat posed by Iraq. Did W ever tell the public a word of truth about why we were in Iraq, or about the seriousness of the threat? Depending on who you ask, the reasoning keeps shifting as this or that claim falls apart. The major lie is that Iraq was part of the "war on terror". I ask, what had suddenly made Iraq- a regional power much diminished by the Gulf War, and which had been kept contained for 11 years- a threat we could not live with?

:lol: :rofl :doh

Back
Top Bottom