• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Is being gay a choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really understand how someone can be homosexual.
I find attractive woman desirable & handsome men, or ugly men for that matter, not in the least desirable. The female form & female charm is what appeals to me. That's the way it's always been for me. So I personally never had a choice, becuase my hetero sexuallity presumably is innate.
I'm happy about that too, becuase gays often seem to suffer from identity crisis.
It''s surprising any gene that codes for homosexual inclinations doesn't dissapear, becuase gays on the whole have less children for obvious reasons.
But then there is a theory that the gene associated with gayness is also associated with fertility in woman. In other words the mothers of gay men are more fertile.
If so then gays are like pre menstrual tension or male pattern baldness, in as much as purely from the point of view of the reproduction of the species, they serve no purpose. They just occur as an incidental side effect of reproductive mechanisms.
Sorry if this all seems cold & rational. I can't help being down to earth & please don't read this post to mean I'm homophobic.... some of my favourite boyfriends have been gay. Only kidding :lol:

Last edited:
robin said:
I don't really understand how someone can be homosexual. I find attractive woman desirable & handsome men, or ugly men for that matter, not in the least desirable. The female form & female charm is what appeals to me. That's the way it's always been for me. So I personally never had a choice, becuase my hetero sexuallity presumably is innate.
I'm happy about that too, becuase gays often seem to suffer from identity crisis.
It''s surprising any gene that codes for homosexual inclinations doesn't dissapear, becuase gays on the whole have less children for obvious reasons.
But then there is a theory that the gene associated with gayness is also associated with fertility in woman. In other words the mothers of gay men are more fertile.
If so then gays are like pre menstrual tension or male pattern baldness, in as much as purely from the point of view of the reproduction of the species, they serve no purpose. They just occur as an incidental side effect of reproductive mechanisms.
Sorry if this all seems cold & rational. I can't help being down to earth & please don't read this post to mean I'm homophobic.... some of my favourite boyfriends have been gay. Only kidding :lol:

Not understanding how someone can be a homosexual is the same as a homosexual not understanding how someone can be heterosexual.

You sound very ignorant, in my personal opinion.

robin said:
It''s surprising any gene that codes for homosexual inclinations doesn't dissapear, becuase gays on the whole have less children for obvious reasons.But then there is a theory that the gene associated with gayness is also associated with fertility in woman. In other words the mothers of gay men are more fertile.

The human genome project only succeeded in finding all of the genes and naming them..they have never figured out what all of them do. An acception was found in the law of inheiritance so it is possible that homosexuality can skip generations.

aps said:
One thing I ask heterosexuals is whether being a heterosexual is a choice for them.
the choice for heterosexuality only exists if one if first gay, and later chooses to be heterosexual

Our sexuality is part of our make-up. I never thought about whether I was attracted to men or women--I just knew I was attracted to men (I'm a woman). With gay people, it's the same thing. We cannot help to what/whom we are attracted. It just happens.

What do you all think? Is being gay a choice?
sexual behaviors are commonly a choice; except maybe for illegal sex offenders? what about murderers? are some people just born violent, due to chemical brain imbalances? i mean, who would ever consciously choose to murder people? maybe they just couldnt help themselves

For those who say it is, please also answer this question: Do you believe that people CHOOSE to be humiliated and frowned upon by society?
many people often choose to follow a course of action that will result in public humiliation, for good or bad; this is common with christian martyrs throughout history, for example

aps said:
Not understanding how someone can be a homosexual is the same as a homosexual not understanding how someone can be heterosexual.

You sound very ignorant, in my personal opinion.
No.. I simply know what I don't understand. Unlike you & my post.

Napoleon's Nightingale said:
The human genome project only succeeded in finding all of the genes and naming them..they have never figured out what all of them do. An acception was found in the law of inheiritance so it is possible that homosexuality can skip generations.
That's interesting, Thanks for mentioning that.
Incidently, I believe some homosexuality is due also to environmental factors. I remember a TV programme about this. Example.. a boy brought up as a girl, becuase his parents wanted a girl. In the end the poor confused fellow became gay. Other examples were given. Can't remember them. It was on years ago.
Also some female dancers that once lodged with me. They said often the male dancers were straight when they started out on their careers. Then were turned gay by the other mail dancers who were gay, so as to be one of the pack, was one reason given !

Last edited:
robin said:
That's interesting, Thanks for mentioning that.
Incidently, I believe some homosexuality is due also to environmental factors. I remember a TV programme about this. Example.. a boy brought up as a girl, becuase his parents wanted a girl. In the end the poor confused fellow became gay. Other examples were given. Can't remember them. It was on years ago.
Also some female dancers that once lodged with me. They said often the male dancers were straight when they started out on their careers. Then were turned gay by the other mail dancers who were gay, so as to be one of the pack, was one reason given !

First off, the parents didn't "want" a girl. There was a botched circumcision, so they just...cut it all off. Something considered extremely unethical now. Brenda/Bruce never felt like a girl, wouldn't play with dolls, constantly got in fights, and peed standing up (is that genetic? how strange). To make a long story short, he was eventually told, had another sex change operation, married a woman, and helped raised three kids from her previous marriage with her. They called him daddy. He unfortunately committed suicide not long ago. Which goes to show your parents can screw you up royally, but they can't make you like a different sex than you do.

As to your "dancer" theory. Many male dancers are straight. Brittany Spears married one of them. I think Jennifer Lopez might have too...don't really follow Hollywood all that closely. Many dancers are gay too. It is very possible that the men who turned gay were gay to begin with. Once they realized how accepted other gay males are in the dancing community, they came out of the closet. Seems a lot more logical than a guy somehow making himself attracted to other guys to "fit in"

Kelzie said:
First off, the parents didn't "want" a girl. There was a botched circumcision, so they just...cut it all off. Something considered extremely unethical now. Brenda/Bruce never felt like a girl, wouldn't play with dolls, constantly got in fights, and peed standing up (is that genetic? how strange). To make a long story short, he was eventually told, had another sex change operation, married a woman, and helped raised three kids from her previous marriage with her. They called him daddy. He unfortunately committed suicide not long ago. Which goes to show your parents can screw you up royally, but they can't make you like a different sex than you do.

As to your "dancer" theory. Many male dancers are straight. Brittany Spears married one of them. I think Jennifer Lopez might have too...don't really follow Hollywood all that closely. Many dancers are gay too. It is very possible that the men who turned gay were gay to begin with. Once they realized how accepted other gay males are in the dancing community, they came out of the closet. Seems a lot more logical than a guy somehow making himself attracted to other guys to "fit in"

Another interesting fact is that many go-go boys and strippers at gay clubs are heterosexuals. :lol: I suppose it's easier for them to keep their paws off the customers that way and we tip waaaay better :lol:

Another interesting fact is that many go-go boys and strippers at gay clubs are heterosexuals. :lol: I suppose it's easier for them to keep their paws off the customers that way and we tip waaaay better :lol:

Reeaaallly...I just might have to find one of these and see what's going down. Or not, as the case might be...:mrgreen:

robin said:
No.. I simply know what I don't understand. Unlike you & my post.

What is it that I don't understand? That you're cold when it comes to homosexuality? Yeah, I got that.

Technocratic_Utilitarian said:
3. Therefore, sterile adults are perversions of nature.
Is this a medical condition? Maybe this is natures way of killing off a bad gene.
In reality, nature made them that way. You cannot have a perversion of nature created by nature. That makes no sense. Buy a clue.
There is no homosexual gene. Homosexuals are born to heterosexual couples, not homosexual couples.
Fact. Heterosexuals commit hate crimes
I never said they did not do this. I just pointed out the first thrill killing in America was by two homosexuals.
Fact: Homsexuals are either male or female, therefore they are a gender.
Where is the spot on the birth certificate for homosexual?
Fact: Your a dumbass.
The sign of a person that cannot defend their argument. They resort to insults. Bigot also do this. LMFAO!
Fact: So what? The Nazis have a political party too. What the frak is your point? Get to it.
Get a life homosexual or defender of the perversion of homosexuality there is no homosexual political party.
There is nothing ethically anti-homosexual bigots have to defend themselves. THeir arguments are all fallacious (either Naturalistic / Is-ought fallacies) or some derrivation of tastey Red Herring.
All you need to do is produce a child conceived by homosexual reproductive sexual intercourse.
When you learn how to construct an argument, then you might have some reason to speak. Untill then, Halt die bloede Sheissfresse, bis du etwas logisiches sagen koennte!
Another example of homosexuals or the defenders of the perversion of homosexuality that cannot defend their argument.
FACT: Homosexuals can and do reproduce via artificial insemination.
This is a heterosexual reproductive method. Not a homosexual reproductive methods. It results from a item taken from a male and a female to conceive a child. Thus heterosexual reproduction, not homosexual reproduction.
FACT: How many hate crimes that have been committed in the past decade were committed by homosexuals? VERY few. In fact, heterosexuals commit the vast majority of hate crimes.
What do you call the sex scandal in the catholic church?
FACT: FACT: Thats not true at all. MANY homosexuals are part of a specific religion..myself included.
There is no religion made up of just homosexuals.

Is this a medical condition? Maybe this is natures way of killing off a bad gene.

Your point is irrelevant.

There is no homosexual gene. Homosexuals are born to heterosexual couples, not homosexual couples.

Your point is irrelevant

I never said they did not do this. I just pointed out the first thrill killing in America was by two homosexuals.

Your point is irrelevant

Get a life homosexual or defender of the perversion of homosexuality there is no homosexual political party.

Your point is irrelevant

All you need to do is produce a child conceived by homosexual reproductive sexual intercourse.

Your point is irrelevant

Another example of homosexuals or the defenders of the perversion of homosexuality that cannot defend their argument.

I can defend my position easily, but since your points are all irrelevant to ethics of homosexuality, I don't have to address Red Herrings.

The sign of a person that cannot defend their argument. They resort to insults. Bigot also do this. LMFAO!

I can defend my position easily, but since your points are all irrelevant to ethics of homosexuality, I don't have to address Red Herrings.

None of your points have any ethical validity. I don't have to defend anything against you, since the burden of proof is on YOU to prove it's bad.

Actually, techno...lets look at it this way and maybe he will get the point.

DHard3006 said:

So you are saying sterility comes from a gene in all cases? Even so, how does this relate to homosexuality and it being a choice? What is your point?

Science would indicate otherwise, but we have all seen your detachment for reality for a while now. And yes, homosexuals are born to heterosexuals. You dont have a point. Blondes are born to brunettes and down's syndrome happens in cases where it has never been present in a family. Again, let me reiterate...you have no point.

So now make a point based on this irrelevant information. You cant, you dont have a point.

Why would there be a spot for this? Homosexuals are male or female. Thus we have the terms gay men and lesbians, or homosexual as a blanket statement. Where is the spot for heterosexual? Boy you really didnt have a point at all when you started, did you?

Umm, I believe this was someone making a point..you are in fact a dumbass.

Nor is there a strictly heterosexual party. There are gay republicans and democrats and even nazis (Oh My!). So here again...you got it...what was your point?

Why would I need to do this? Its a given it cant happen...and heterosexual intercourse does a perfectly good job of it. And lets mix it up a little...What point were you trying to make? Oh you weren't? Then why are you here?

I believe this was a sign of a person who is frustrated by arguing with a dumbass.

This is a heterosexual reproductive method. Not a homosexual reproductive methods. It results from a item taken from a male and a female to conceive a child. Thus heterosexual reproduction, not homosexual reproduction.

So wait...is it now heterosexual reproduction or heterosexual intercourse? Make up your mind...some would start to believe You dont have a point. So umm, whats IS your point?

What do you call the sex scandal in the catholic church?

The unfortunate predatorial behavior of individuals who should not have been in a position like theirs. And your point is?

There is no religion made up of just homosexuals.

Nor is there a religion made up totally of heterosexuals. Which leads us back to the same question: What is your point?

Now, looking at how pointless the entire post was, yet how full of opinion against gays it was...one would summarily draw the conclusion that your insistent pointless attack against homosexuals is bigotry. Irrational, uncivil, unrefined, and intellectually lacking bigotry. Thus, your opinion matters not in this debate and probably matters even less away from here where you cannot keep a captive audience.

Anyone else draw the same conclusion?

I second the "notion" that he has no point....

I am honestly suprised he can remember to breathe.

yeah he is probably one of those morons who looks at a menu and then tries to order a strawberry dakwery

aps said:
Independent, these are fantastic. I am going to save them to use against my homophobic brother-in-law who says that if we allow gay marriage, what's to stop a group of 3, 4, or 5 people from getting married? What a stupid $hit he is.

I have no problem with polygamy. I don't think it would work, but let consenting adults make their own mistakes.

aps said:
One thing I ask heterosexuals is whether being a heterosexual is a choice for them.

Our sexuality is part of our make-up. I never thought about whether I was attracted to men or women--I just knew I was attracted to men (I'm a woman). With gay people, it's the same thing. We cannot help to what/whom we are attracted. It just happens.

What do you all think? Is being gay a choice?

For those who say it is, please also answer this question: Do you believe that people CHOOSE to be humiliated and frowned upon by society?

Nobody compels a man to stick his penis up another man`s arse.
It is clearly an unnatural act and an indication of how decadent humanity has become during the Kali Yuga.
Not only is this sort of thing going on but the difference is these days it is presented as a valid "alternative lifestyle" instead of the foul,perverted and debased practice that it is.

Aryan Imperium said:
It is clearly an unnatural act and an indication of how decadent humanity has become during the Kali Yuga.
Not only is this sort of thing going on but the difference is these days it is presented as a valid "alternative lifestyle" instead of the foul,perverted and debased practice that it is.

So...you're what? Not a big fan?

Nothing compels a man to have sex with a women either. Somebody else said something I agree with. Our sexual actions are a choice. Our sexual preferences are not.

It's just as unnatural as kissing, sparky.

Aryan Imperium said:

and you are a professed nazi so your opinion means nothing. besides, I have it on good authority that most all nazi's legs go up faster than project housing when they are presented with a black schlong...

Aryan Imperium said:

Foul, perverted and debased? You make it sound so exciting!

Shame my life is relatively dull. :(

jallman said:
and you are a professed nazi so your opinion means nothing. besides, I have it on good authority that most all nazi's legs go up faster than project housing when they are presented with a black schlong...

You are an arsehole so your opinion is of little worth to me.
My work on here is not for the benefit of multicultis such as yourself.You can rot in the ghettos that people of your political persuasion are creating.
Go **** youself!

Naughty Nurse said:
Foul, perverted and debased? You make it sound so exciting!

Shame my life is relatively dull. :(

As a man[or woman] speaks so do they think.

Aryan Imperium said:
You are an arsehole so your opinion is of little worth to me.
My work on here is not for the benefit of multicultis such as yourself.You can rot in the ghettos that people of your political persuasion are creating.
Go **** youself!

Wow, Aryan, not only are you a homophobe, you're immature as well. It's actually kinda humorous. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom