• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is being anti-gay and anti-transgender actually conservative?

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
It seems to me that real conservatives want the government to stay out of people's private lives, but here in the USA we have them banning math text books in Florida and any books about the issue of gays and transgenders in many of the states controlled by the GOP/conservatives. I suspect next in one of those states they will pass a law make it illegal again to have sex usually considered gay sex. The courts outlawed such laws as unconstitutional, but with this GOP/religiously controlled SCOTUS, they might have a chance to keep them on the books in those states. So when did it become conservative to want to totally control gays and transgenders?

noonereal

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Are most folks anti trans or just anti trans wanting rights no one else have?

tshade

DP Veteran
Reaction score
America, the place that has ALWAYS been great
Political Leaning
Conservative
It seems to me that real conservatives want the government to stay out of people's private lives, but here in the USA we have them banning math text books in Florida and any books about the issue of gays and transgenders in many of the states controlled by the GOP/conservatives. I suspect next in one of those states they will pass a law make it illegal again to have sex usually considered gay sex. The courts outlawed such laws as unconstitutional, but with this GOP/religiously controlled SCOTUS, they might have a chance to keep them on the books in those states. So when did it become conservative to want to totally control gays and transgenders?
No it is not------conservatives, like myself, strive for rationality, opportunity, and stability/truth

HIP56948

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
From my perspective, most of it comes from certain types of people. Pretty hard to figure out..No..it's not. The term is "Busy-Body-Control-Freaks.
When some humans can't get their own act together, they feel they have to control someone/everybody else, in order to compensate for their own feelings.
It's a trait that is extremely irritating.

bluesmoke

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

Since there have been gays and trans. I don't know about the "totally control" part. Just the part about being gay or trans. No pun totally intended.

The Old Soul

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
Gaycism (and all this rainbow chasing) is individual mentalities looking for a herd.

jaypatriot

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I suspect next in one of those states they will pass a law make it illegal again to have sex usually considered gay sex. The courts outlawed such laws as unconstitutional, but with this GOP/religiously controlled SCOTUS, they might have a chance to keep them on the books in those states. So when did it become conservative to want to totally control gays and transgenders?
How would authorities know if there was 'gay' sex going on?
Is there a 'gay sex' detector we don't know about?

Big Brother is still watching you.

I am a Conservative and have absolutely no desire to control what gay people do. I don't even want to hear about it.

There Are 16 States in the US that Still Have Sodomy Law
0837ce5d074b2481e087d053fd61d949
Lilly Wakefield January 26, 2020​

In 2020, there are 16 US states that still have sodomy laws against “perverted sexual practice” and “crimes against nature”.
According to ACLU, laws against sodomy were originally designed to prohibit any sex that was not for procreation, and so included crimes like having sex outside of marriage and bestiality.

Rawley

Sedition Apologist™ and Charter Cult Member™
Banned
Suspended
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative

Someone is feeding you some bad information.

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
A
You are trans, because you lack a proper education.

You are trans, because you lack a proper education.
Actually you might be all wrong in what you wrote. Scientists say that there is a difference in brain structure between males and females. With Trans, their brain structure is different from either with trans whose bodies are male having brain structure closer to female, while those trans whose bodies are female having brain structure closer to males. I wrote an OP about this earlier.

noonereal

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
A

Actually you might be all wrong in what you wrote. Scientists say that there is a difference in brain structure between males and females. With Trans, their brain structure is different from either with trans whose bodies are male having brain structure closer to female, while those trans whose bodies are female having brain structure closer to males. I wrote an OP about this earlier.

So what?

What mean is, do you believe because some ate born with this malady they should have rights and advantages you and I do not?

Phys251

Purge evil with Justice
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal

Righties want to control people's personal lives. Anything other than one cis man, one cis woman in marriage is a "sin" to these people.

TurtleDude

warrior of the wetlands
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Righties want to control people's personal lives. Anything other than one cis man, one cis woman in marriage is a "sin" to these people.
some conservatives do, as do some left wingers. what gets confusing is when the extremist supports of trans call anyone who say opposes men competing in women's athletics or who doesn't think 9 year old kids should be able to choose gender re-assignment surgery-"transphobic".

Most unbiased people understand that opposing XYs swimming in XX meets doesn't make someone "transphobic"

Exquisitor

Educator
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I have to clarify my thought to, most are trans because they lack a proper education as did their ancestors, who know what they did with those genes.

But how to educate such a populace, who is to know?

Phys251

Purge evil with Justice
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
some conservatives do, as do some left wingers. what gets confusing is when the extremist supports of trans call anyone who say opposes men competing in women's athletics or who doesn't think 9 year old kids should be able to choose gender re-assignment surgery-"transphobic".

How many nine-year-old trans kids actually get gender confirmation surgery?

Most unbiased people understand that opposing XYs swimming in XX meets doesn't make someone "transphobic"

Transphobic canards are commonly used when opposing trans women in sports.

TurtleDude

warrior of the wetlands
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
How many nine-year-old trans kids actually get gender confirmation surgery?

Transphobic canards are commonly used when opposing trans women in sports.
there is no sound argument for allowing men to compete against women. The debacle created by a mediocre male swimmer who then entered the women's events for the U of Pennsylvania proves that point beyond any doubt.

Phys251

Purge evil with Justice
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
there is no sound argument for allowing men to compete against women. The debacle created by a mediocre male swimmer who then entered the women's events for the U of Pennsylvania proves that point beyond any doubt.

You didn't answer my question about supposed nine-year-olds' gender confirmation surgeries.

noonereal

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score

The trans don't want equal rights, they want rights you and I don't have .

TurtleDude

warrior of the wetlands
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right

TurtleDude

warrior of the wetlands
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
You didn't answer my question about supposed nine-year-olds' gender confirmation surgeries.
I am not saying I know of any cases-just that I and many others, don't support children making such a life-altering decision.

Phys251

Purge evil with Justice
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
I am not saying I know of any cases-just that I and many others, don't support children making such a life-altering decision.

So this:

Was just a made-up hypothetical?

Top Bottom