• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is being a Lefty or Righty a moral issue?

jag2594

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
It seems like conservatives are always against helping people. They hate immigrants, poor people, and people in jail. What do you guys think, is politics a moral issue?

It seems like conservatives are always against helping people. They hate immigrants, poor people, and people in jail. What do you guys think, is politics a moral issue?

You wouldn't be exaggerating, would you? I'm right-handed and I hate exaggeration.

You wouldn't be exaggerating, would you? I'm right-handed and I hate exaggeration.

As long as you are not red-headed, you are fine. Being a lefty is a minor sin, but being a red-head is a mortal sin, so right-handed people with not red-hair are the chosen ones.

Virtually all issues are, at the root, moral issues. Ultimately, all politics is about right/wrong or at least what best serves the greater good... except when corrupted of course.

This is made more difficult to discern when someone vastly oversimplifies the issues in question... as you just did.

Lefties hate babies, Christians, freedom, rich people, white people, male people, and straight people or anyone not living in a sexually deviant lifestyle.

Seems like they are against love and full of judgement. Is it a moral issue?

Please note I am being sarcastic but also illustrating the flaws with your post.

Virtually all issues are, at the root, moral issues. Ultimately, all politics is about right/wrong or at least what best serves the greater good... except when corrupted of course.

This is made more difficult to discern when someone vastly oversimplifies the issues in question... as you just did.

It's not, most issues can be solved by looking at it morally. Economically, the walton family can afford helping people in the U.S, but they don't. Why, because they have a primitive mindset that creates fear. Bill gates, mark zuckerberg, Oprah and other have plenty of money to give to people in the U.S. but they have to build a class system, they have to control different sectors of our culture, just to show they are powerful.

Lefties hate babies, Christians, freedom, rich people, white people, male people, and straight people or anyone not living in a sexually deviant lifestyle.

Seems like they are against love and full of judgement. Is it a moral issue?

Please note I am being sarcastic but also illustrating the flaws with your post.

OF course conservatives are so pro-life, that the reason they love the death penalty. I said helping people not the other way around.

It's not, most issues can be solved by looking at it morally. Economically, the walton family can afford helping people in the U.S, but they don't. Why, because they have a primitive mindset that creates fear. Bill gates, mark zuckerberg, Oprah and other have plenty of money to give to people in the U.S. but they have to build a class system, they have to control different sectors of our culture, just to show they are powerful.

I have no idea why you begin with "it's not". I said at least three, arguably four different things in my post... which are you disputing? More clarity of communication will help your debate.

You need to do a little research. Mr. Walton, the Wal-Mart founder, was a great philanthropist. Most or all the other people you have named have also given millions to charity, as well as (in most cases) creating thousands if not millions of jobs along the way. If I am not mistaken, Bill Gates has said he plans to give the greater part of his fortune away upon his death to various charities and whatnot. So what exactly do you want them to do? Give it all away to people?

Bill Gates was worth something over 100 billion last time I checked. For all I know that may have doubled by now, but let's go with 100 billion.

If you divided that seemingly vast fortune among every man woman and child in America.... each person would get a whopping $317. Wow. Now you can afford a used motor-scooter... big whoop. :)

See it sounds huge until you consider it vs the 315 million estimated US population.

And more complex than that... a LOT of it is Microsoft stock. If he were to SELL all that stock all at once, it would drive the company stock price way down, possibly causing the company to collapse and thousands of jobs to be lost, maybe even creating a bad ripple in the national economy leading to more recession. He could distribute the STOCK instead, but if everyone sold theirs you'd get a similar effect.

It's not as simple as you're presenting it, is what I'm trying to tell you.

OF course conservatives are so pro-life, that the reason they love the death penalty. I said helping people not the other way around.

Again, oversimplification.

Conservatives tend to support the death penalty for convicted murderers.

Those who oppose abortion do so because they don't want innocent unborn babies killed, in their viewpoint.

Seeing the difference? Extremely innocent vs heinously guilty?

You need to look at things with a little more depth if you're actually serious about exploring these issues, rather than just hurling calumny at the other side.

Seems like you didn't respond to the content of my post and decided to just attack conservatives again with your self perceived hypocrisy of some that have the pro-life view. Should I just judge liberals and being people that can't respond directly to things and still filled with judgement of others?

I have no idea why you begin with "it's not". I said at least three, arguably four different things in my post... which are you disputing? More clarity of communication will help your debate.

You need to do a little research. Mr. Walton, the Wal-Mart founder, was a great philanthropist. Most or all the other people you have named have also given millions to charity, as well as (in most cases) creating thousands if not millions of jobs along the way. If I am not mistaken, Bill Gates has said he plans to give the greater part of his fortune away upon his death to various charities and whatnot. So what exactly do you want them to do? Give it all away to people?

Bill Gates was worth something over 100 billion last time I checked. For all I know that may have doubled by now, but let's go with 100 billion.

If you divided that seemingly vast fortune among every man woman and child in America.... each person would get a whopping $317. Wow. Now you can afford a used motor-scooter... big whoop. :)

See it sounds huge until you consider it vs the 315 million estimated US population.

And more complex than that... a LOT of it is Microsoft stock. If he were to SELL all that stock all at once, it would drive the company stock price way down, possibly causing the company to collapse and thousands of jobs to be lost, maybe even creating a bad ripple in the national economy leading to more recession. He could distribute the STOCK instead, but if everyone sold theirs you'd get a similar effect.

It's not as simple as you're presenting it, is what I'm trying to tell you.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, it was referring to your last sentence.

Mr. Walton the founder also payed his employees a living wage.Not the type of salaries we have now. Bill Gates also gives money away for tax purposes and for future enterprise. He gives so much money to people in africa because he wants to create a large market. Not because he cares about them.

Yea 315$ a day. Or I need stats.

No keep the stock market, and slow disperse it. Not all at once.

Seems like you didn't respond to the content of my post and decided to just attack conservatives again with your self perceived hypocrisy of some that have the pro-life view. Should I just judge liberals and being people that can't respond directly to things and still filled with judgement of others?

I understand its a two way street, but the fact are conservatives hate everything I listed above, It started with Reagan.

A tree pollutes more than a car.

Yours truly RR

Again, oversimplification.

Conservatives tend to support the death penalty for convicted murderers.

Those who oppose abortion do so because they don't want innocent unborn babies killed, in their viewpoint.

Seeing the difference? Extremely innocent vs heinously guilty?

You need to look at things with a little more depth if you're actually serious about exploring these issues, rather than just hurling calumny at the other side.

No babies in utero don't feel pain Vs. convicted criminals are criminals because they don't have the economic, nutrition, and endocrinology support that is important for creating good people.

Besides abortion reduces crime and poverty because it gives women a chance to decide if they are economically prepared for having a child.

Is being a Lefty or Righty a moral issue?
I print with my left hand and since I have nothing against right-handers I don't see what the moral issue is supposed to be.

I print with my left hand and since I have nothing against right-handers I don't see what the moral issue is supposed to be.

I do use my right for mouse control, so things have a way of equalizing...

good one!!

Sorry for the misunderstanding, it was referring to your last sentence.

Mr. Walton the founder also payed his employees a living wage.Not the type of salaries we have now. Bill Gates also gives money away for tax purposes and for future enterprise. He gives so much money to people in africa because he wants to create a large market. Not because he cares about them.

does that really matter to those who receive his charity? And I wasn't aware that you could see into the hearts of men and discern their innermost motives?

Yea 315$ a day. Or I need stats.

Not sure what you mean by that.

No keep the stock market, and slow disperse it. Not all at once.

Not sure what you mean by that either.

A bit more detail about your plan to put things right, would be helpful.

No babies in utero don't feel pain Vs. convicted criminals are criminals because they don't have the economic, nutrition, and endocrinology support that is important for creating good people.

Besides abortion reduces crime and poverty because it gives women a chance to decide if they are economically prepared for having a child.

That is one viewpoint. I was explaining to you what the OTHER viewpoint was, and why they actually don't contradict.

As for death row felons... have you ever known any personally? I have. While I might allow some exceptions, for the most part we are not simply talking about nice people who didn't get proper nutrition in their youth, were short of money, and had some... endocrinology issue. The ones I've known were actually pretty bad people who'd done some very bad things and pretty much deserved their fate.

does that really matter to those who receive his charity? And I wasn't aware that you could see into the hearts of men and discern their innermost motives?

Of course it does, undertones are the reason why people by into this stuff. Just think in their shoes. Don't worry it takes practice

Not sure what you mean by that.

Provide statistics for your answer or source where you got 315 from.

Not sure what you mean by that either.

A bit more detail about your plan to put things right, would be helpful.

Of course it does, undertones are the reason why people buy into this stuff. Just think in their shoes. Don't worry it takes practice

Not directly disperse his money, but overtime we can do away with his stocks.

Last edited:
That is one viewpoint. I was explaining to you what the OTHER viewpoint was, and why they actually don't contradict.

As for death row felons... have you ever known any personally? I have. While I might allow some exceptions, for the most part we are not simply talking about nice people who didn't get proper nutrition in their youth, were short of money, and had some... endocrinology issue. The ones I've known were actually pretty bad people who'd done some very bad things and pretty much deserved their fate.

I worked with them, if they only they got the proper necessities things would be different.

Money short term does nothing.

Last edited:
The only way to redistribute wealth effectively without destroying the capital markets that create jobs and allow people to borrow is to reorient the payroll system where a big chunk--say 20-25% of an employees pay went tax free into a mutual fund system and taxed at a flat rate when coming out--say 15% to encourage low income people to keep their money invested longer. The slow down in GDP that would ensue would be explicable and even and prices would decline to a point of maximum profit under the new lower demand for flat-panal, high efficiency toasters or whatever.

That said, both sides suck. It is all about luring you into to voting for them with the least little thought about what they are actually doing or not doing as possible.

I worked with them, if they only they got the proper necessities things would be different.

Money short term does nothing.

I worked with them also, and came away with a very different view of the majority of them.

Shoot, I thought this thread was going to be about lefthanders and righthanders.

Of course it does, undertones are the reason why people buy into this stuff. Just think in their shoes. Don't worry it takes practice

Not directly disperse his money, but overtime we can do away with his stocks.

Why would we want to do that? What good is it going to do when 100 billion in Microsoft stock is only going to give each American $317, once and once only (not every day).

I divided 100 billion dollars by 315 million Americans, using a calculator. The result is $317, plus a few decimal places.

Simple math.

Now I'm not sure what Bill Gates is worth just the now... it might be two or three times that, but even if it is, distributing it to all the People is not going to make anybody prosperous... Bill Gates' money won't go that far, believe it or not there isn't enough of it.

Get our your calculator and do the division yourself.

Back
Top Bottom