• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is beating children ever acceptable?

Is it OK for an adult to severely beat a 6 year old child?

• Never!

Votes: 40 93.0%
  • If the child saps the adult first

Votes: 3 7.0%

• Total voters

SCitizen

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
I always thought that any child abuse is unacceptable. But a great moral authority thinks differently. The group MUH Men's Rights Activism is a Feminist Facebook page concerned with countering negative representation of Feminism.

They had interesting comments about a video of a six year old boy slapping his mother:
4Nn9Y2a.jpg

Assuming we are just talking about a normal non-life and death situation with a normal non-ninja master 6 year-old that is beating you to death first? Never.

Define "beating".

Spanking, in a controlled manner that won't cause lasting injury? Yes, this is an appropriate tool in the parental toolbox for children under 12 and offenses such as safety issues or defiance.

Beating, as in an unregulated and unrestrained unleashing of violence on the child by the adult? Likely to cause significant or lasting injury? No, this is never right.

Well, they seem to have a sound understanding of rights. :lol:

Beating, as in an unregulated and unrestrained unleashing of violence on the child by the adult? Likely to cause significant or lasting injury? No, this is never right.

I do not know. Momina Makin mentions beating a child with a belt buckle.

Hitting a child is never acceptable. Frankly if you feel like you need to hit a child then you have issues, imho.

Define "beating".

Spanking, in a controlled manner that won't cause lasting injury? Yes, this is an appropriate tool in the parental toolbox for children under 12 and offenses such as safety issues or defiance.

Exactly. 1 yes, 2 never. Sometimes a child needs the discipline that comes with proper corporal punishment, sometimes it's all that'll 'get through to them'.

Something I think we've lost over the years of liberal /progressive indoctrination.

Define "beating".

:yt

while I dont put the 12yr old limit on it I agree

also he is right to ask what "beating" means because I once got into an argument on here about that . . .

seems the term varies around the country . . some people say beating and they mean like violent assault, others say it and it means whoopin or spanking etc.. In pittsburgh area basically nobody says "spanking" . . we say beat . .

Why not ask for the tread to be closed and then when you have a decent thread to post, then post it.

Define "beating".

Spanking is no longer EVER acceptable. This is 2016 not 1970.

It should be illegal and one day - hopefully - will be.

Spanking children could soon be illegal in Canada | Globalnews.ca

If I saw you spank your child in my home? I would immediately give you the boot out the door. No one hits children in my home...no matter what the excuse.

Last edited:
better to beat them, than to let them grow up not understanding consequences. this new 'enlightened' parenthood is why the streets are full of young thugs who dindunuffin today.

These poll options. o_O How the hell does a child "sap" an adult? Do I even want to know?

better to beat them, than to let them grow up not understanding consequences. this new 'enlightened' parenthood is why the streets are full of young thugs who dindunuffin today.

Yeah and back in the good old days, kids sat up straight and used proper grammar. You would never hear silly utterances such as "dindunuffin" ever come out of their mouths! ;)

Define "beating".

Spankings DOES cause lasting harm to children. Do your research.

False dichotomy.

I hope to God you have no young children.

Definitely. Physical abuse is even more damaging.

What's ironic is that it actually reduces the influence the parent has with the child. The whole point of it is apparently to make the stand that you're in charge to increase your influence over the child, but research shows that it does the opposite.

I imagine it was probably hyperbole. You know, a joke of sorts.

If not, well she's a douche and DSS will be calling at some point.

What's ironic is that it actually reduces the influence the parent has with the child. The whole point of it is apparently to make the stand that you're in charge to increase your influence over the child, but research shows that it does the opposite.

Wrong.

You and this alleged research, both.

Done correctly as part of a total parenting package, it works quite well.

My proof is a large family full of well-behaved children and well-adjusted adults.

Sufficient for me. The rest of y'all can do what the hell you want, but don't bitch to me when your kids end up in prison.

wow this thread is horrendous

thread title "Is beating children ever acceptable?"
thread/poll question: "is it ok for an adult to severely beat a 6 year old child

these arent even close to the same.........

then the poll options:
Never
if the child slaps the adult first?

this thread and OP is broken on some many levels

Beating(spanking) is fine and done properly and in moderation I recommend it
severely beat seems like you are describing abuse or assault to me and of course that is not ok

Wrong.

You and this alleged research, both.

Done correctly as part of a total parenting package, it works quite well.

My proof is a large family full of well-behaved children and well-adjusted adults.

Sufficient for me. The rest of y'all can do what the hell you want, but don't bitch to me when your kids end up in prison.

My daughter is a straight A student with no behavior problems. :shrug: I never once laid a hand on her through her life and could never dream of doing it. If you think hitting younger weaker people is a good policy in your life, well, I have no words that I can use to describe that belief that are inside the rules.

Back
Top Bottom