• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is Barney Frank?

I agree that the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act was the number one cause of the current economic crisis, but Frank definitely does not come out of this whole thing with his hands clean. For years Frank said Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were fine and encouraged greater risk when dealing with loans. It isn't much of a shock. Frank is corrupt and has been in bed with these institutions for a while. I hope he sees retribution at the polls.

Yes he was in bed alright. He was in bed with Herb Moses through out the 90's. Moses was a head executive at Fannie Mae. Anyone see a conflict of interest?

I don't see Ron Paul sounding any alarms in that piece.

perhaps you missed it.Fannie and Freddie by Rep. Ron Paul

Ironically, by transferring the risk of a widespread mortgage default, the government increases the likelihood of a painful crash in the housing market. This is because the special privileges granted to Fannie and Freddie have distorted the housing market by allowing them to attract capital they could not attract under pure market conditions. As a result, capital is diverted from its most productive use into housing. This reduces the efficacy of the entire market and thus reduces the standard of living of all Americans.

Hopefully the truth will come out someday. I think the republicans are going to hold hearings on Fannie and Freddie. Maybe Dodd, Frank and a few others will go down.
Barney Frank, Chris Dodd and others Democrats were the driving force behind the push for 'liar loans' and other loans to people who would never be able to pay when the interest only timeframe expired or the interest balloons expanded their payments. They and other politician got nice deals for their first and second homes in exchange for the added business. Seems that Barney never knows nothing about anything, like he did not know his lover was running a gay brothel out of the home they shared or he did not know another lover was growing pot in the home they shared. If he really knows nothing about what goes on in his house, how can he make decisions in our house?

It is very difficult to figure out who could looks at Barney Frank and says, I want to vote for him. He is corrupt, arrogant, rude and a total hypocrite. For sure I would not want to live in his district. Keep in mind that those people in Boston elected Ted Kennedy over and over, even after the Chappaquiddick event.

Sandokan

Why did Texas not have the same property bubble that places like Florida, Nevada, and Arizona have

(hint it has to do with state banking regulations)

If Barny Frank and Dodd were all powerfull why didnt Texas have the same banking regulations that prevented the idiocy of other states?

Sandokan

Why did Texas not have the same property bubble that places like Florida, Nevada, and Arizona have

(hint it has to do with state banking regulations)

If Barny Frank and Dodd were all powerfull why didnt Texas have the same banking regulations that prevented the idiocy of other states?
Since you know the answer, why don’t you enlighten us with your response to it?

Barney Frank, over many years, repeatedly blocked reform. He didn’t listened to the experts when they told him Fannie and Freddy would collapse if they continued on the path he had set them on. He said "I will roll the dice". He rolled the dice and the results have been catastrophic.

Barney Frank can be single out as having the most responsibility for the mortgage meltdown and the ensuing financial disaster. The evidence provided in this discussion is overwhelming. But knowing who and what he is, voters have continued to re-elect him. The voters are the ones that enable him to persist in his destructive behavior. All I can say is, shame on the Massachusetts voters that re elected Frank.

Barney Frank, over many years, repeatedly blocked reform. He didn’t listened to the experts when they told him Fannie and Freddy would collapse if they continued on the path he had set them on. He said "I will roll the dice". He rolled the dice and the results have been catastrophic.

Barney Frank can be single out as having the most responsibility for the mortgage meltdown and the ensuing financial disaster. The evidence provided in this discussion is overwhelming. But knowing who and what he is, voters have continued to re-elect him. The voters are the ones that enable him to persist in his destructive behavior. All I can say is, shame on the Massachusetts voters that re elected Frank.

Texas did not allow for cash out mortgages, restricted low downpayment mortgages, and overall had a high level of regulation in the mortgage industry. Texas as a result did not have a housing boom, despite the evil Barney Frank. Imagine if the other states followed the Texas example and had restrictive regulations regarding mortgages and as such limited the housing bubble greatly. Barney Franks would have been powerless to cause this housing boom

Weak regulation at the state level seems to be a major factor as well does it not. If strong regulation in Texas helped prevent the bubble, imagine what the same regulation would have done in California or Florida

Frank and is coharts [mostly libs but some cons too] are the reason we're in this financial and economic mess

Frank and is coharts [mostly libs but some cons too] are the reason we're in this financial and economic mess
There are people that have need for power, greed, and acting in their own self-interest. These aren’t just weakness of Wall Street or the Banking Industry, they are human moral weakness and they exist everywhere. Some of the more greedy, power hungry, and manipulative behavior comes from politicians. Why then would anyone want to increase the extend of government in our daily lives? We want to believe that politicians go to Washington and all of sudden become virtuous. The matter of fact is that some cheat on their taxes, use the system to secure lower personal interest rates, ignore the dangers on the border to attract the Hispanic vote, take donations from lobbyists, push banks to grant mortgages to people who have no chance honoring that contract, and grow the government so they have more control over the people. I am astonished as to why anyone would want to grow the control of government over our lives.

129158598647720222.jpg

Back
Top Bottom