• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is attraction to politicians Trump & Manchin because they're lying hypocrites serving wealthiest, or..?

Are you attracted to Trump or Manchin because they are compulsively deceitful or that doesn't matter

• Trump & Manchin had no problem supporting bi-partisan infrastructure "funded" only by borrowing

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't know what you are talking about, I think highly of or I at least support Trump and Manchin

• I support Manchin because he is a democrat

• I support Trump because he kept his promises and leads our G.O.P

• Total voters

Lady of the house wonderin' where it's gonna stop
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
By Rachel Scott andBenjamin Siegel
December 20, 2021,
Manchin rejects Biden’s nearly $2 trillion economic agenda
West Virginia Sen. Joe Manchin, a key vote, announced Sunday that he would vote against the Build Back Better package after months of negotiations, citing inflation and overall cost.
Elizabeth Frantz/Reuters
Sen. Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., privately questioned whether parents would misuse Child Tax Credit payments to buy drugs, according to three sources familiar with his comments.
"..
My Democratic colleagues in Washington are determined to dramatically reshape our society in a way that leaves our country even more vulnerable to the threats we face. I cannot take that risk with a staggering debt of more than $29 trillion and inflation taxes that are real and harmful to every hard-working American at the gasoline pumps, grocery stores and utility bills with no end in sight."

In a response from the White House, press secretary Jen Psaki accused Manchin of backtracking in negotiations with the president after submitting to Biden last week a potential framework for the social policy and spending plan..."

Consider how radical a DP poster has to be to complain about MSNBC or CNN bias. Wouldn't an actual news stream supporting liberal positions be more consistent?

The clip described below does not indicate,
https://www.cnn.com/profiles/manu-raju
... bothered to follow up Manchin's complaints his constituents were hurting because of inflation, a G.O.P.
constantly repeated talking point, with, "Well, Senator Manchin, what did you expect would happen after you demonized your own constituents,
accusing them of being drug addicts spending on drugs the $300 monthly tax credit payment for each younger child you knew you were about to cut off?"

Joe Manchin Tells CNN What the Number One Issue Is in WV ...​

https://townhall.com › juliorosas › 2022/05/04 › print

5 hours ago — Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV) was asked on Wednesday about the political ... Right now, it's hurting everybody, not just at the pump, ...

May 2, 2022,

More Than 70 Percent Of Trump's Endorsees Believe The 2020 Election Was Fraudulent​

By Jean Yi and Nathaniel Rakich
APR. 19, 2022

I voted "Other" - as in "wtf?"

By Rachel Scott andBenjamin Siegel
December 20, 2021,
Manchin rejects Biden’s nearly $2 trillion economic agenda
West Virginia Sen. Joe Manchin, a key vote, announced Sunday that he would vote against the Build Back Better package after months of negotiations, citing inflation and overall cost.
Elizabeth Frantz/Reuters
Sen. Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., privately questioned whether parents would misuse Child Tax Credit payments to buy drugs, according to three sources familiar with his comments.
"..
My Democratic colleagues in Washington are determined to dramatically reshape our society in a way that leaves our country even more vulnerable to the threats we face. I cannot take that risk with a staggering debt of more than $29 trillion and inflation taxes that are real and harmful to every hard-working American at the gasoline pumps, grocery stores and utility bills with no end in sight."

In a response from the White House, press secretary Jen Psaki accused Manchin of backtracking in negotiations with the president after submitting to Biden last week a potential framework for the social policy and spending plan..."

Consider how radical a DP poster has to be to complain about MSNBC or CNN bias. Wouldn't an actual news stream supporting liberal positions be more consistent?

The clip described below does not indicate,
https://www.cnn.com/profiles/manu-raju
... bothered to follow up Manchin's complaints his constituents were hurting because of inflation, a G.O.P.
constantly repeated talking point, with, "Well, Senator Manchin, what did you expect would happen after you demonized your own constituents,
accusing them of being drug addicts spending on drugs the $300 monthly tax credit payment for each younger child you knew you were about to cut off?"

Joe Manchin Tells CNN What the Number One Issue Is in WV ...

https://townhall.com › juliorosas › 2022/05/04 › print
5 hours ago — Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV) was asked on Wednesday about the political ... Right now, it's hurting everybody, not just at the pump, ...

May 2, 2022,

More Than 70 Percent Of Trump's Endorsees Believe The 2020 Election Was Fraudulent​

By Jean Yi and Nathaniel Rakich
APR. 19, 2022

They both managed to get media attention-------people are attracted to that

I think that Trump is a good guy,

Yes, he is obnoxious,

Yes, he is wrong to oppose abortion.

Yes, he is wrong to use vulgar language (as when he used an earthy word to describe certain developing nations).

But he is right that our immigration policy is a mess; he is right that the street violence in 2020 was outrageous; he is right that the media have often printed outright lies about him; he was right that suddenly voting for President by mail would cause a lot of "confusion"; and he was right that every American should have equal rights but not special rights.

He would be wrong, however, to run in 2024.

He should be satisfied that he was the President, even for only one term. He joins an exclusive club of other people who had that privilege, such as Mr. George Herbert Walker Bush, Mr. James Carter, and no doubt Mr. Joseph Biden.

Back
Top Bottom