• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is anyone else getting bored with the election news?

Is anyone else bored with all of the election coverage?

• Total voters

Turin

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I have listened to the candidates on the issues and looked into their past. I am supporting Hilary yet in general I am bored with the election news now as I know where they each stand and what to expect.

I am usually not like this and I am usually hanging on every component of election news.

Is anyone else bored with all of them?

Last edited:
Is this a poll? Regardless, my answer is yes.

I have listened to the on issues and looked into their past. I am supporting Hilary yet in general I am bored with the election news now as I know where they each stand and what to expect.

I am usually not like this and usually hanging on every component of election news.

Absolutely. This has been the worst election cycle I've ever seen, and I don't think we've seen the worst of this one yet.

Absolutely. This has been the worst election cycle I've ever seen, and I don't think we've seen the worst of this one yet.

I agree. I am usually following every spare moment. I was wondering if it was me. I took a bike ride tonight.

Interested because I feel obligated to be in the know, but I am not excited about it. This is a pretty ****ty election.

Sorry, the poll choices finally came up. Again, yes, I'm sick of the pandering and pettiness. Its sickening what 24-hour mainstream "reporting" has devolved into. There is no longer any real "news" in America.

I agree. I am usually following every spare moment. I was wondering if it was me. I took a bike ride tonight.
I haven't watched a nanosecond of the RNC and it will be the same next week.

Interested because I feel obligated to be in the know, but I am not excited about it. This is a pretty ****ty election.

I get your drift; however, if we must rely upon this pathetic, irresponsible mainstream media circus to be "in the know" regarding meaningful issues......we're in trouble. I generally watch BBC's coverage when I feel the need, as they still seem to have the closest grasp on what unbiased news reporting should be. I'm sick of the pandering and pettiness.

This is my first time getting to vote (nineteen years old), and the major party picks are a corrupt, lying sociopath whose adult life has revolved solely around playing politics, and the flopping son of a bitch who openly brags about bribing her for years. I could not be more pissed off about this cycle than I already am.

The only bright side is that Gary Johnson is extremely close to qualifying for the Presidential debates. #FeelTheJohnson.

This is my first time getting to vote (nineteen years old), and the major party picks are a corrupt, lying sociopath whose adult life has revolved solely around playing politics, and the flopping son of a bitch who openly brags about bribing her for years. I could not be more pissed off about this cycle than I already am.

The only bright side is that Gary Johnson is extremely close to qualifying for the Presidential debates. #FeelTheJohnson.

That is so cool you are thinking and engaged and learning and you are only 19.

That is so cool you are thinking and engaged and learning and you are only 19.

Thank you. You'd be surprised how often politics comes up in conversation for my generation; I just take my interest a bit further than other millennials.

I get your drift; however, if we must rely upon this pathetic, irresponsible mainstream media circus to be "in the know" regarding meaningful issues......we're in trouble. I generally watch BBC's coverage when I feel the need, as they still seem to have the closest grasp on what unbiased news reporting should be. I'm sick of the pandering and pettiness.

Agree. I get most of my news from various internet sources I trust. Watching the mainstream media makes me sick.

As a political junkie, I watched a lot and I watch commentary on CNN and Fox.

I'm looking forward to the DNC convention.

I don't expect to the energy levels compete with the RNC.

Thank you. You'd be surprised how often politics comes up in conversation for my generation; I just take my interest a bit further than other millennials.

I love millennials - they give me hope.

I have listened to the candidates on the issues and looked into their past. I am supporting Hilary yet in general I am bored with the election news now as I know where they each stand and what to expect.

I am usually not like this and I am usually hanging on every component of election news.

No - *not* bored at all! :thumbs:

I was politically active since helping-out my precinct captain in my old neighborhood at 10 years of age. I spent the next two-plus decades organizing my neighborhood, working as a precinct captain, assisting unions, and working as part of a mercenary independent political org at the ward level - all at various times and in various capacities. I ceased active political participation years ago, when I finally moved out of the city.

But it's in my blood and I love it. So I very much enjoyed this season, especially the rise of Bernie & Trump.

I appreciate and can fully separate the sport, skill, and technique of politicking, as separate from the advancement of the political agenda I may prefer. Sort of like appreciating the skills of the visiting sports team for what they are, while they beat my home team.

I especially appreciate the strategical aspects of gaining political advantage.

So I very much can appreciate what Trump has accomplished here, regardless of my disagreements with him & his platform. He outflanked the GOP establishment at every turn, and I admire his skill and instincts!

In general, I am right there with you. I am a tad interested in whether Trump will produce anything at all that looks like acceptable foreign policy. But in all, he is just hasn't got it and is too large a risk. And for that reason it is only interesting to know, if Clinton is indited for anything or more muck comes up.

I am bored with people asking questions that accomplish nothing and are a total waste of time like this poll.

:lol:

Yeah, this is where I'm at.

I get what Dion's saying. Do you want this dangerous imbecile, or this scummy empty suit? Ugh... Whatever. It's so depressing and ridiculous, and so totally divorced from any substantive discussion of the issues, that a big part of me just can't muster the will to care.

But I'm also with you here. It's so ****ed up that I feel like I need to stay aware of what's going on.

On one hand I feel like I'm just futilely punishing myself every time I open an article about it, and on the other I feel sort of guilty if I just try to check out of it.

I was excited from mid AUG to mid MAY, now I am bored. I thought I was going to pay attention to the convention but I watched only the last two hours. I did notice the MSNBC was having their people say inane things rather than broadcasting the speakers, that pissed me off. CNN was much better. I was very politically interested till the mid 90's, but I decided that politics are too broken to get much done, I became instead interested in the spiritual crisis that has racked this collective. I started to mostly ignore the goings on in DC, though state politics are sometimes interesting. Trump changed that, for a time. We shall see if I get interested again after the General starts.

I watched the speeches last night (Trump's and Ivanka's). I've closely followed the controversy over the Cruz speech. I won't watch a second of the DNC next week because I don't care about reruns and I have no interest in what Hillary has to say. I am minimally following the election with virtually no enthusiasm because I still can't believe out of 320 million people, this country put those 2 dishonorable characters in the position to be our next leader.

There are bits of what I consider relevant news. But mostly, it's the media trying to make news out of non-events. The shame is that you have to at least hear what they're saying on the non-events to try to glean objective information and determine if it's truly relevant. The media makes the political landscape so much more difficult than it ought to be.

What has not been boring is to see Trump's family be introduced to America.

Paraphrasing a talking head: "You can fake your resume, but you can't fake your family". That says a lot about The Donald.

I appreciate, and cringe, that Trump doesn't deliver his message with the rehearsed cadence of a professional teleprompter reader that we are accustomed to. He says what he things without regard to poll testing. He speaks to people who might fall outside the target group. His "analytics" is his gut.

He is a throwback to the days before politics became a career for it's participants.

It has convinced me of two things. One, we need a viable third party and two, the system is rigged against the people. And when I see Republicans embrace a moron like Trump, while the Democrats embrace a criminal like Hillary....I get more afraid than bored.

Back
Top Bottom