• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Is anti-gay unconstitutional

Contrarian said:
To paraphrase my paramour Urethra,

Satinlovesballs - Homosexuality is a "Sin". This is assuming the validation of a phoney concept called "sin" which was used to control the ignorant masses into conforming with the greatest fairy tale ever told... Christianity (and also Judiasm, Islam etc... all nonsense stories designed to control the masses)

Anyway, assuming you believe this nonsense, AND believe in the word of the bible as "the word of god", why then, according to YOUR BIBLE... are you

Working on Sabbath punishable by death 1 Moses assembled the whole Israelite community and said to them, "These are the things the LORD has commanded you to do: 2 For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day shall be your holy day, a Sabbath of rest to the LORD . Whoever does any work on it must be put to death. 3 Do not light a fire in any of your dwellings on the Sabbath day."
– Exodus 35-2

Oh dear, today is the sabbath and I worked a twelve and a half hour shift. Satinloveballs, Fantasea et al, please don't put me to death. I realese now that I was wrong, and if you spare my life I promise that next time I am rostered to work on a Sunday I will refuse, and I will allow my patients to die horrible deaths. I know that will be OK because not one of my patients is a foetus.

Naughty Nurse said:
Oh dear, today is the sabbath and I worked a twelve and a half hour shift. Satinloveballs, Fantasea et al, please don't put me to death. I realese now that I was wrong, and if you spare my life I promise that next time I am rostered to work on a Sunday I will refuse, and I will allow my patients to die horrible deaths. I know that will be OK because not one of my patients is a foetus.
That's ok, the original sabbath was on Saturday actually and wasn't moved for religious reasons, just marketing ones:
The Roman religion and Mithraism reserved Sunday as their day of religious observance. Many Christians were probably tempted to follow suit.

The Christians were also motivated to change the Sabbath day as a method of distancing themselves from the Jews. Two reasons were:

The Government intermittently persecuted the Jews at this time; it was safer for Christianity to be considered as a separate religion rather than as a sect of Judaism.
Relations between the Jews and Christians was hostile at this time. The early Christian church had suffered much persecution from the Jews.

shuamort said:
It's a good thing that there is no hell in the Bible then.

Hmm. I think that if I cut off my foot I won't be able to get to work again, and if I repent of my recent sins I might be saved.

Now, where did I put that bread knife?

shuamort said:
That's ok, the original sabbath was on Saturday actually and wasn't moved for religious reasons, just marketing ones:

Well that is partially true... It was moved by Roman Emperor Constantine in a bid to consolidate power. He understood the growing dissidents (the christians) were growing and causing problems and the Pagans weren't happy having christianity stuffed down their throat.... so in one of the earliest "merger / acquisitions" on record. He moved the Christians from Saturday (Jewish sabbath...bad... afterall THEY killed Jesus!) and moved them to SUNday which was the day the PAGANS celebrated the Sun God. I wonder how many, church going folk don't realize they are celebrating on a PAGAN religious day... priceless!

When I have more time, I'll tell you about how Easter is a pagan holiday as well... the resurrection and the whole thing.

No Adam was made for eve not for steve so i think that gays can be together and all that but i dont think we should recognize them as husband and husband or wife and wife because marriage has alot to do with reproducing and gays can not reproduce with eachother so i think its cool to let them do their thing and i have nothing against them but its not sociably acceptable where im from which is nebraska ya thats right republican for the past how many years? but thats not the topic so if u wanna debate just tell me the time and well go to the chat room

IF EVERYONE THAT HAD A GUN KILLED THEMSELVES THERE WOULDNT BE ANY PROBLEMS

gUN MEANING ANY SORT OF WEAPON FOR ANYONE WHO MISINTERPRETED THAT

-BEN NELSON
NOT THE DEMOCRAT ALTHOUGH HE IS ONE OF MY FAVORITES

Grandmadale said:
No Adam was made for eve not for steve so i think that gays can be together and all that but i dont think we should recognize them as husband and husband or wife and wife because marriage has alot to do with reproducing and gays can not reproduce with eachother so i think its cool to let them do their thing and i have nothing against them but its not sociably acceptable where im from which is nebraska ya thats right republican for the past how many years? but thats not the topic so if u wanna debate just tell me the time and well go to the chat room'
So if a straight couple is infertile, they should not marry because they can't reproduce? If a black and white straight couple want to marry, they can't because it's not socially acceptable where you live? These are not good answers.

Grandmadale said:
No Adam was made for eve not for steve so i think that gays can be together and all that but i dont think we should recognize them as husband and husband or wife and wife because marriage has alot to do with reproducing and gays can not reproduce with eachother so i think its cool to let them do their thing and i have nothing against them but its not sociably acceptable where im from which is nebraska ya thats right republican for the past how many years? but thats not the topic so if u wanna debate just tell me the time and well go to the chat room

IF EVERYONE THAT HAD A GUN KILLED THEMSELVES THERE WOULDNT BE ANY PROBLEMS

gUN MEANING ANY SORT OF WEAPON FOR ANYONE WHO MISINTERPRETED THAT

-BEN NELSON
NOT THE DEMOCRAT ALTHOUGH HE IS ONE OF MY FAVORITES

Add to "to do" list:

Avoid Nebraska at all costs!

Urethra Franklin said:
Possibly because you're a bigot?

Nice one, Urethra.

These homophobes need to learn some R-E-S-P-E-C-T

DontForgetMe said:
.... Dont Really Like Gays i dont know why

probably ms. franklin. quite possibly too because studies show that men who are insecure with their own sexuality have latent homosexual feelings.

nah, i think urethra is right, bigotry and ignorance is the answer. :mad:

the big question nurse is how many gay people WANT to know this "person". and i use the word person very loosely.

labwitch said:
the big question nurse is how many gay people WANT to know this "person". and i use the word person very loosely.

A very good question indeed!

next step, if keeping gays from enjoying the benefits other citizens take for granted shouldn't they not have to pay taxes for the same benefits other "straight" citizens enjoy? i mean if we as a nation are going to treat people like second or no class citizens, should we be allowed to charge them for it? why did we bother to march for equal rights anyway? there is NO meritorious argument for keeping anyone in the US from being a citizen with all that word implies!

Naughty Nurse said:
Yes, I am. And I'll bet I'm a nicer person than you are.

what an absurd assertion. You know nothing of this person, yet somehow you know you're 'nicer'. Why?, because you're gay?

I'm nicer than you, because I ride a fast motorcycle.

..makes about as much sense. :rolleyes:

if keeping gays from enjoying the benefits other citizens take for granted shouldn't they not have to pay taxes for the same benefits other "straight" citizens enjoy?
What benefits are you denied that would exempt you from paying taxes?
i mean if we as a nation are going to treat people like second or no class citizens, should we be allowed to charge them for it?
You are judged by your actions, not by your classification.
why did we bother to march for equal rights anyway?
You don’t have equal rights? You have the right to screw anyone you want to over the age of 16 just like I do.
there is NO meritorious argument for keeping anyone in the US from being a citizen with all that word implies!
Who is keeping you from being a citizen? That is a new one on me.

Squawker said:
What benefits are you denied that would exempt you from paying taxes? You are judged by your actions, not by your classification. You don’t have equal rights? You have the right to screw anyone you want to over the age of 16 just like I do. Who is keeping you from being a citizen? That is a new one on me.
There are 1049 different benefits one acquires upon marriage.

Some of the benefits the federal government provides to legally married couples:

Assumption of Spouse’s Pension
Bereavement Leave
Immigration
Insurance Breaks
Medical Decisions on Behalf of Partner
Sick Leave to Care for Partner
Social Security Survivor Benefits
Tax Breaks
Veteran’s Discounts
Visitation of Partner in Hospital or Prison

Here are a few of the state level benefits within the United States:

Assumption of Spouse’s Pension
Automatic Inheritance
Automatic Housing Lease Transfer
Bereavement Leave
Burial Determination
Child Custody
Crime Victim’s Recovery Benefits
Divorce Protections
Domestic Violence Protection
Exemption from Property Tax on Partner’s Death
Immunity from Testifying Against Spouse
Insurance Breaks
Joint Adoption and Foster Care
Joint Bankruptcy
Joint Parenting (Insurance Coverage, School Records)
Medical Decisions on Behalf of Partner
Certain Property Rights
Reduced Rate Memberships
Visitation of Partner’s Children
Visitation of Partner in Hospital or Prison
Wrongful Death (Loss of Consort) Benefits

It's a bit more than just taxes and the name of being married.

There are 1049 different benefits one acquires upon marriage.
No ****? Cool, I want all the good ones that you can get without paying a lawyer. How many does that give me? Count the ones you can't get because the joint income is too high. Take out the ones you can sign a release form for and the ones that employers give to everyone. What am I missing that gays want?

Ok....A ban on gay marriage is out of the question. In the words that "all men are created equal" that means everyone. If you pass a law saying that gay marriage is unconstitutional it will be denying the rights of some citizens of the United States. This is like the issue of segregation. It is denying the rights of which all citizens should have.

Last edited:
IndependentTexan said:
Ok....A ban on gay marriage is out of the question. In the words that "all men are created equal" that means everyone. If you pass a law saying that gay marriage is unconstitutional it will be denying the rights of some citizens of the United States. This is like the issue of segregation. It is denying the rights of which all citizens should have.

Welcome to Debate Politics! :)

How is marriage a "right"? It is a privledge granted by the states.

Squawker said:
No ****? Cool, I want all the good ones that you can get without paying a lawyer. How many does that give me? Count the ones you can't get because the joint income is too high. Take out the ones you can sign a release form for and the ones that employers give to everyone. What am I missing that gays want?
The simplicity of it without having to get a lawyer to get some of the 1049. Of course, there's also the fact that there are plenty of the number that you can't get no matter what lawyers, contracts, etc.

Back
Top Bottom