• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is America moving from a permission society to repressive regime?

Cannot put all the blame on government when the people themselves have some bizarre attitudes to freedom.

Some americans confuse the word freedom with a weird understanding of individualism. A great little philosophy when defined correctly as a balance between the freedom of the individual and the support of a society. Absolute shit of a philosophy when used by some as a reason to do as they please and if any get hurt because of it then **** them. And that is how some americans view freedom.
So that would make you a "safety nazi"?? Is that about right??

Authoritarianism is okay as long as it's in the name of "safety", or it's "for the people"??

Communism was "for the people"... a "worker's paradise" and all those pithy slogans that you leftists love so much, right??

Yeah, it is. I live in California with a Democratic governor and super majority Dems in both houses. We've have Dems controlling both fed houses for over two years and a Dem President for 1 1/2. Can you name a single freedom, even if it's jus EASING restricts a bit? Mask mandates don't count because there were none until THEY imposed them. We have 535 Congress members working almost full time writing new laws at the federal level and more doing it at the state level. Of all those laws I'd venture less than 10% address a problem or situation that really needs addressing. Most are just entertaining the politicians whims, wet dreams, "gee wouldn't it be nice if . . ." brain farts.
Here in California a Dem just introduced a bill to require a 32 hr work week, with overtime after that. Sounds great except it just added 20% to the companies labor costs. But to the politicians in Sacramento, who have never run a business or had to meet a payroll (or forgot what's it like) it sounds like a great idea so it should make a great law.
I own a small business... we were doing quite well with the policies Trump enacted.

We're just hanging on now. Biden is killing us.

I own a small business... we were doing quite well with the policies Trump enacted.

We're just hanging on now. Biden is killing us.
Imagine that! ;)

Trump lost, but he advanced the repression clock. Kids can't even read books about unicorns these days!

Stuff that many social conservatives like is falling out of favor with the rest of American culture, that’s not authoritarianism. That’s just cultures evolving over time.
Your statement is true but incomplete. Cultures are evolving or “progressing” in a downward, nearly out of control immoral spiral. It’s Biblical. Biden talking about a new world order, and not even realizing what he’s saying. He thinks it’s a good thing. The people of this world are blind. They have no idea what’s coming.

I see you’re not anti-hogwash. You people think that anyone that disagrees with you and stands up for what’s honest is somehow authoritarian. Your problem is you don’t believe in anything. Your only commitment is to what feels good.
What's honest? Examples, please! Should honest describe accurate, verifiable, versus feelings?

Your statement is true but incomplete. Cultures are evolving or “progressing” in a downward, nearly out of control immoral spiral. It’s Biblical. Biden talking about a new world order, and not even realizing what he’s saying. He thinks it’s a good thing. The people of this world are blind. They have no idea what’s coming.
"What's coming is denial driven, greed driven, literally rising ocean tides and severe weather that there was the economically incentivized opportunity to lessen the severity of.

It's embarrassing to read the mind numbing comments posted by people with no hint of self consciousness, accurate memories or even
weak grip on reality.

Trump Attacks Greta Thunberg At Davos, Then Claims He ...

https://www.vanityfair.com › News › donald trump
Jan 21, 2020 — The president of the United States has continued his feud with a child.

Trump attacks Greta Thunberg during record-setting Twitter ...

https://www.vox.com › 2019/12/12 › trump-greta-thun...
Dec 12, 2019 — As the House of Representatives prepares to take an initial vote on articles of impeachment on Thursday, President Donald Trump had a ...

Trump Attacks Greta Thunberg On Twitter - Forbes

https://www.forbes.com › lisettevoytko › 2019/12/12
(Updated: 1:59 p.m. EST, 12/12/2019). Topline: President Trump and Greta Thunberg's Twitter war picked back up Thursday morning⁠—a day after Time magazine ...

Trump's latest attack on Greta Thunberg was sexist, ableist

https://www.theguardian.com › environment › dec › do...
Dec 12, 2019 — On Thursday, after the 16-year-old environmental activist Greta Thunberg was crowned Time Magazine's Person of the Year, Donald Trump ...

Trump attacks Greta Thunberg for being Time's 'Person of the ...

https://www.usatoday.com › story › news › 2019/12/12
Dec 12, 2019 — Trump attacked environmental activist Greta Thunberg for winning Time magazine's 'Person of the Year,' which the president won after his ...

So that would make you a "safety nazi"?? Is that about right??

Authoritarianism is okay as long as it's in the name of "safety", or it's "for the people"??

Communism was "for the people"... a "worker's paradise" and all those pithy slogans that you leftists love so much, right??

I am just going to assume that pithy posters of communism is your level of understanding the subject.

People have been predicting the end times for over 2000 years now. Just be faithful because nobody knows when its going to happen.

Until then, speculation isn't going to accomplish anything.

There seems to be a continuing theme here on the forum about what's happening to democracy and which party is working harder to destroy it.
I found this piece's theme interesting and accurate - suggesting our continuing slide from democratic society to a permission-based one, and final a repressive society.

And, further:
The Democrats who for now dominate policy making in Washington believe there is nothing so private that they cannot regulate, nothing so personal that it can’t be intruded upon. The only question is the pace of the arrogation of our freedoms. They have to be taken down in increments, so that the country won’t notice the slippery slope toward tyranny. In many cases, often regarding energy and conservation policies, restrictions are even celebrated by the loudest factions to help numb the public to the constant attacks on liberty.

I've talked about this trend a few times and the left's false flag "saving democracy" blather. Apparent the left's definition of "democracy" is "Democrats rule everything and dictate government functions".
[/QUOTE]
It looks like the regression is coming from a party that is working toward a making voting harder for certain citizens, taking choice over their own bodies away from woman, etc.
I have no problem with holding manufacturing to rules & regulations for the health of the planet & her citizens. I realize the anti science party holds profit above the climate. I expect there will be a continued clash between lovers of democracy & those who feel they should have the freedom to make bank, by any means necessary.

I see you’re not anti-hogwash. You people think that anyone that disagrees with you and stands up for what’s honest is somehow authoritarian. Your problem is you don’t believe in anything. Your only commitment is to what feels good.

^^^

From the party that accuses everyone of being a pedophile.

Right now it’s looking like a repressive regim. The good thing in in November many of those who would repress us will be booted out of office and in about 2 1/2 years the clown elected to lead them will also be gone. If it dosent happen sooner as I think it will.

I am just going to assume that pithy posters of communism is your level of understanding the subject.
Actually, I've studied communism and authoritarianism my whole life - and I'm not the youngest nag in the barn.

I began reading TASS and Pravda everyday back around 1980. I'm an avid student of Stalin and his particular brand of psychopathy - have read several books on the man.

I've read Lenin, Marx, Solzhenitsyn, Nietzsche, Gramsci, Machiavelli, Orwell, Golitsyn, et al.

I've toured the country speaking on this subject and others pertaining to the international banking system's decades long support of communism, war, terrorism, and the radicalization of generations of youth in the west - of which you are apparently a graduate.

I've studied the process of demoralization and the tactics of active measures - that Yuri Bezmenov spoke about on his speaking tours.

In general, I've forgotten more about the subject than you will ever know ;)

There are plenty of Republicans going along with what you describe. Fortunately, thanks to Trump and the Republican rank and file, they are being weeded out. It's too bad the Democratic rank and file won't do that, too.

Interesting. No one is passing more repressive laws than DeSantis is and gets considered to be imitating Trump and challenging him for thevyeart and soul of the "Republican rank and file"

Kind of funny you point out Trump and repressive regime. I have never seen a political party so beholden to one man. The party leaders are scared to death to cross him. They must chose their words carefully, lest he sic a primary opponent on them.

There seems to be a continuing theme here on the forum about what's happening to democracy and which party is working harder to destroy it.
I found this piece's theme interesting and accurate - suggesting our continuing slide from democratic society to a permission-based one, and final a repressive society.

And, further:
The Democrats who for now dominate policy making in Washington believe there is nothing so private that they cannot regulate, nothing so personal that it can’t be intruded upon. The only question is the pace of the arrogation of our freedoms. They have to be taken down in increments, so that the country won’t notice the slippery slope toward tyranny. In many cases, often regarding energy and conservation policies, restrictions are even celebrated by the loudest factions to help numb the public to the constant attacks on liberty.

I've talked about this trend a few times and the left's false flag "saving democracy" blather. Apparent the left's definition of "democracy" is "Democrats rule everything and dictate government functions".
[/QUOTE]

Except conservatives want to impose government power on people they don't like, they think the black community are thugs that need to controlled by the law and order agenda, they think LGBT people are degenerates, so they need to be controlled by the family values agenda, etc.

Actually, I've studied communism and authoritarianism my whole life - and I'm not the youngest nag in the barn.

I began reading TASS and Pravda everyday back around 1980. I'm an avid student of Stalin and his particular brand of psychopathy - have read several books on the man.

I've read Lenin, Marx, Solzhenitsyn, Nietzsche, Gramsci, Machiavelli, Orwell, Golitsyn, et al.

I've toured the country speaking on this subject and others pertaining to the international banking system's decades long support of communism, war, terrorism, and the radicalization of generations of youth in the west - of which you are apparently a graduate.

I've studied the process of demoralization and the tactics of active measures - that Yuri Bezmenov spoke about on his speaking tours.

In general, I've forgotten more about the subject than you will ever know ;)

And the alt right loves military dictators like Pinochet.

Also how is the GOP's family values and law and order agenda small government?

^^^

From the party that accuses everyone of being a pedophile.
Bangkok equals underage sex for sale. I’m not accusing you of being a pedophile. Yet. 😂

Good grief. Another Canadian liberal. There ought to be a law.

It looks like the regression is coming from a party that is working toward a making voting harder for certain citizens, taking choice over their own bodies away from woman, etc.
I have no problem with holding manufacturing to rules & regulations for the health of the planet & her citizens. I realize the anti science party holds profit above the climate. I expect there will be a continued clash between lovers of democracy & those who feel they should have the freedom to make bank, by any means necessary.
[/QUOTE]
Good grief. Another worshipper of the climate god. Talk to India and China, and then come back and cripple the American economy. You really need a reality check, Greta.

So if a Russian General, with majority support from the people, overthrew Putin - you would cry foul??

Allende was a communist who had the full backing of the Soviets. He was nationalizing industries and the private property of the citizenry by force.

Allende was going to begin a purge (purge means kill to communists) of anyone opposing him. Pinochet himself was to be arrested and executed, but he acted just in time.

Once in power, he returned the land and property to their rightful owners.

Of course, to you leftists, "private property" itself is a "crime against the people", right??

You have to be more specific.

Bangkok equals underage sex for sale. I’m not accusing you of being a pedophile. Yet. 😂
Well, lol... you'd be surprised how old some of those girls are :)

My wife is 42 and filipina. We went to dinner a few weeks ago. I went to the restroom, and she ordered 2 glasses of wine for us while I was away - she got carded.

She's 4'11", 95 lbs, and after 3 kids, she still looks very young. She has a couple of friends who are smaller than she is, in their 30's, and look like they're high schoolers.

You don't wanna have to deal with an old looking wife?? Marry an asian woman ;)

Good grief. Another Canadian liberal. There ought to be a law.

So if a Russian General, with majority support from the people, overthrew Putin - you would cry foul??

Allende was a communist who had the full backing of the Soviets. He was nationalizing industries and the private property of the citizenry by force.

Allende was going to begin a purge (purge means kill to communists) of anyone opposing him. Pinochet himself was to be arrested and executed, but he acted just in time.

Once in power, he returned the land and property to their rightful owners.

Of course, to you leftists, "private property" itself is a "crime against the people", right??
And you have evidence to back up this claim?

And you think that justifies the oppression and murder Pinochet did? Pinochet killed thousands and even employed a Nazi pedophile cult leader a state torturer:

Is that the small government you love, regime that employs monsters like that?

I think you care more about property then you do human lives.

You have to be more specific.

How often do conservatives apply their small government ideology to black people or LGBT people? Seems like never.

Back
Top Bottom