• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is Alec Baldwin guilty of involuntary manslaughter?

Given what we know, is he guilty ?

• Total voters

trouble13

DP Veteran
Reaction score
If you were on the jury would you convict him?

Would need to see the evidence. As producer he has responsilbities and whether those were neglected remains to be seen. I still maintain "don't know" which is not an option.
No fence sitting. If you have a reasonable doubt it's not guilty

It's incredibly stupid to make a decision without hearing all of the evidence. /thread

Would need to see the evidence. As producer he has responsilbities and whether those were neglected remains to be seen. I still maintain "don't know" which is not an option.

The poll question was clear, "given what we know."
Just ansewer the damned question as poised.
Good grief, we all need to see the evidence to render a final opinion. Again, that is not what was asked

Wouldn´t the duty of care here be in the hands of the person responsible for handling/ maintaining the guns and not Baldwin himself?

Would I find Alec Baldwin guilty?

Ummm, without seeing the evidence? Without hearing the arguments? Without sitting through the trial first? I am asked to make a judgement call??

Wake me up when the trial is over and we have seen the evidence and heard the arguments. SHEESH.

Wouldn´t the duty of care here be in the hands of the person responsible for handling/ maintaining the guns and not Baldwin himself?
Yes it would be but it is his responsibility to check the gun before pulling the trigger. Imo that's on him, nobody else

Yes it would be but it is his responsibility to check the gun before pulling the trigger. Imo that's on him, nobody else
Says who? If a prop guy hands you a prop, why can't you assume it's a prop?

That being said, I do remember reading somewhere that there is a protocol on movie sets that you shouldn't point a prop gun at someone and press the trigger.

Baldwin says he cocked the hammer but did not press the trigger 🤷‍♂️

The poll question was clear, "given what we know."
Just ansewer the damned question as poised.
Good grief, we all need to see the evidence to render a final opinion. Again, that is not what was asked

What "we know" is not the same as what I know.

Whomever placed the bullet in the prop gun is guilty...AB's mistake was trusting whoever is responsible for props...

Says who? If a prop guy hands you a prop, why can't you assume it isn't a prop?

That being said, I do remember reading somewhere that there is a protocol on movie sets that you shouldn't point a prop gun at someone and press the trigger.

Baldwin says he cocked the hammer but did not press the trigger 🤷‍♂️
Are you saying that you believe he did not realize the gun was capable of firing bullets do he didn't guilty and that you believe the gun could of went off by itself even though it was in his hand at the time?

Yes, unfortunately

Are you saying that you believe he did not realize the gun was capable of firing bullets do he didn't guilty and that you believe the gun could of went off by itself even though it was in his hand at the time?
LOL, no.

I asked you why he shouldn't have been able to assume the gun was a prop. You declared it was his responsibility because he didn't check if it was a real gun.

What "we know" is not the same as what I know.
Seriously 😆
I can't believe the way some of you are over complicating this.

I posed the question because I thought it would be an interesting discussion about liability.

Wait until we have all the evidence maybe?

I loved his Trump skits, but Baldwin is also a well-documented asshole. I think that qualifies me to be a fair and impartial juror, lol

Anyone member stuff like...

Presumption of innonence and beyond a reasonable doubt work together in symmetry

or

Why didn't Mueller indict him if what he did was a crime?
Because he said he didn't think he could prove beyond a reasonable doubt that they had a general knowledge that what they were doing was against the law.
In other words he felt he could not meet the burden of proof required. What does that tell you?

or

Well, except they almost certainly cannot charge Trump with a criminal offense while in office. Once he's out, yes.

Meanwhile, impeachment is a political process not subject to proof beyond a reasonable doubt. Despite the constitution's reference to "high crimes and misdemeanors", a President could be removed from office because congress didn't like his face and nothing could be done about it.
Your absolutely technically correct about the level of the burden of proof to convict. I will begrudgingly concede that point to you. Only begrudgingly because I put treason on the same level as murder

Yet you asked whether we think he should be convicted here. How could we possibly judge? The evidence has not been introduced. We can blab about our feelings about it, but nobody should be saying he should be convicted.

Back
Top Bottom