• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Is Abortion Murder?

Is abortion murder?

• Total voters
@_girL........ said:
Murder: The crime of unlawfully killing a person
Person: Human, Individual.
Individual: existing as a distinct entity
Existing: to have life or the functions of vitality

Parent: one that begets or brings forth offspring
Offspring: the progeny of an animal or plant, a child
Child: an unborn or recently born person

Now you cant tell me that abortion isn't murder. Not when even Webster can say it in its obvios definitions. So now what??? Are you going to call Webster a misogynistic slavers??? Or how about calling them a conservative???

Using Webster's definition you seem to be missing a key word "unlawfully" killing a person.

@_girL........ said:
Unlawfully: not morally right or conventional

lol, and what is the empirical data that decides what is moral?

Maybe in the legal definition abortion is not murder because of Roe V Wade but I don't care about that, its the killing of and innocent person and if its not a necessary act then in the eyes of God its murder.............You may get away with it now but someday you will pay for the butchering of the innocent......

Navy Pride said:
You may get away with it now but someday you will pay for the butchering of the innocent......

That's so cute! You say that as if it were true. Doesn't your mythology say, "Judge not, lest ye be judeged..."?

independent_thinker2002 said:
That's so cute! You say that as if it were true. Doesn't your mythology say, "Judge not, lest ye be judeged..."?

I am not judging anyone......

Navy Pride said:
I am not judging anyone......

Yes, you categorically are by saying that somebody is going to pay for their actions. You are judging said actions. If you don't believe me, ask a clergyman.

Duke said:
The greatest part of that argument was that I said, "Okay, my nose is alive and made of human matter" as a rebuttal to the "fetuses are human" argument. But then @ Girl said I could cut it off. Would that be murder, I wonder?:roll: :roll: :roll:

Duke
Heh, we will get the "pro-nose" movement. More power to noses, they should have the right to life! No piercings, it is cruel to the nose. And your tissue MUST be lotion-soaked. :2razz:

@_girL........ said:
Why? Because YOU state it as such??
Well, it is as valid as YOU making a "because I say so" claim like the one you made.

Oh please, your arguement only makes sence half way. No, you cannot be moral and kill your own child,
We are talking abortions here, not children. And you most certainly can be moral and have an abortion, your "just because I say so" postulation none withstanding. Your subjective claim is not fact, it isn't evidence of anything other than what your subjective view is.

whether or not you believe its your own child is immaterial. So why would you look at a newborn baby and a zygote as two different entities, even though they would have the exact same genetic code?
Yes. Their biological and physical functioning and their social and legal status are vastly different. Genetics are merely a blueprint. A hydatidiform mole could have exactly the same genetic blueprint, the same DNA. Are you going to claim that makes it a person or a "child"?

The only differance biologically, is that they are both at two different stages of development.
And that is one huge difference. And not the only one, despite your claim.

I had not presented it as an absolute claim. What was that word you like to use??? "Lame" Surely someone with your high intelligence:roll: knows how to read a post although I know you have a problem with writting one. And by that I mean 1 instead of 3.
Our interaction was as follows:
Steen: Nonsense. It may affect WHAT your moral schema is, but then so does culture, race and class. It is not true that being religious makes you more moral, though.
@_girl: True, but no one has to be moral to keep a child, I was just saying that sometimes, with religion, some people feel strongly about life and all its meanings.
ou may have me on that point. Its ok to conciet sometimes, but tell me this, why would you abort a child, or have your girlfriend/wife have an abortion?
I would not have my wife have an abortion. Such a decision would be her's to make and not anybody else's. So I am not quite sure what your point is here.
You are right again!!! It doesn't matter what you believe only what fits the facts of reality. My beliefs are the facts of reality: Its still murder.
Your belief is not reality, your claim is a lie. Murder is still the illegal killing of a person. And while the fetus is not a person, abortion certainly also is legal. So it just doesn't fit anymore than if your claim was that the earth was flat, or that Pi=3.0

So you can spew the false claim that abortion is "murder" and try to hide behind "oh, but it is just my opinion." That doesn't make your claim any less false.
So this is what it is all about, really. You honestly think that because I disagree with you, that I have a hatred of women??? Sherlock, I am a woman myself.
And I have seen women more fervently seeking to oppress other women that their male prolife counterparts. Phyllis Schlafley comes to mind as an incredibly hate mongering misogynist. So what was the evidence in what you said?

How sad and pathetic that you think of a child as a disease, a parasite that enslaves a woman, rather then glorifying us.
I don't think of a child as any such thing, but then a child is already born, your rambling, prolife, revisionist linguistic (and sad and pathetic) hyperbole none withstanding. But it doesn't matter what I think or what you think, only what the woman herself think.

1) I feel really sorry for you. Not only do you have no respect for human beings,
that wouild be a lie you are spewing now.
you have no respect for me, a woman.
My lack of respect for you is per your dishonesty, not per your gender. If a woman lies, she is still a liar.

. 3) A little respect can take you a long way, If you want to have a real debate, leave out your childish name-calling.
Likewise. A little respect can take you a long way, If you want to have a real debate, leave out your lies and misrepresentations.

@_girL........ said:
So your saying Life has nothing to do with death as in a murder?
Correct. Proving abortion to be "murder" by establishing that it is 'life" is bogus. That it has life doesn't prove that it is murdered.

So again, I ask where your evidence is for abortion as "murder"? You will have to show that abortion is illegal and the fetus is a person, as murder is the illegal killing of a person. otherwise, you will have to retarct your claim as false.

I have and will stick with the fact that abortion is murder.
Another lie, the claim that your subjective belief is a fact. I really don't like how dishonest you are.

Murder: The crime of unlawfully killing a person
Person: Human, Individual.
Individual: existing as a distinct entity
Existing: to have life or the functions of vitality

Parent: one that begets or brings forth offspring
Offspring: the progeny of an animal or plant, a child
Child: an unborn or recently born person

Now you cant tell me that abortion isn't murder. Not when even Webster can say it in its obvios definitions.
Ah, so with a whole bunch of sophistry, you didn't prove abortion to be unlawful. So no, it still isn't murder, even per your briliant sophistry exercize. Are you per chance a philosophy student?

Hey, can I try the sophistry as well:

@_girl can't fly.
A rock can't fly.
therefore @_girl is a rick.

Wow, wasn't THAT an exercize well worth undertaking? And bolded and everything. :2razz: Ought to make it even more true when I bolded it, right?

Now, if we could get back to the REAL world of facts rather than your subjective beliefs misrepresented as facts!

So now what??? Are you going to call Webster a misogynistic slavers??? Or how about calling them a conservative???
Why would I? Webster didn't confirm your false claim anyway.

@_girL........ said:
You may have me on that point. Its ok to conciet sometimes, but tell me this, why would you abort a child, or have your girlfriend/wife have an abortion?

You are right again!!! It doesn't matter what you believe only what fits the facts of reality. My beliefs are the facts of reality: Its still murder.

Your beliefs are reality? Yeah, well so are mine! And my beliefs oppose yours!!!

Anyway, to the point.

You cannot think of one single reason that a woman would abort a fetus, or one reason that the boyfriend/husband of a woman might want her to get an abortion? Not even one?

@ Girl, I told you that you would need to think really hard about this one. Now would be a great time.

One last thing: There were a few more arguments that you forgot(?) to rebuke; all of mine.

Duke

Navy Pride said:
Maybe in the legal definition abortion is not murder because of Roe V Wade
BINGO!!! We have a WINNER :2wave: :applaud :2dancing: :good_job:

but I don't care about that,
So you won't make any false claims to that extend, right? Oh, wait, you have already done so many times.

WOW. This means that you just admitted to be wrong all those times? That's impressive. It is very great of you to fuinally admit when your claims were false. Congratulations on a good job.

its the killing of and innocent person
He, he. Per RvW, as you acknowledge validity off up above, it is clera that the mebryo or fetus are not persons, so there is another false claim of yours that you need to admit to.

and if its not a necessary act then in the eyes of God its murder.............
Oh, and you were doing so well, before now reverting to "just because I say so" false claims. How sad.

You may get away with it now but someday you will pay for the butchering of the innocent......
Oh, that's Pascal's Wager, isn't it?

independent_thinker2002 said:
Yes, you categorically are by saying that somebody is going to pay for their actions. You are judging said actions. If you don't believe me, ask a clergyman.

I don't judge, I just express my opinion...

Navy Pride said:
I don't judge, I just express my opinion...

That may be the most ignorant thing I have heard this week! Check out Webster's definition of judge:

1 : to form an opinion about through careful weighing of evidence and testing of premises
2 : to sit in judgment on : TRY
3 : to determine or pronounce after inquiry and deliberation
4 : GOVERN, RULE -- used of a Hebrew tribal leader
5 : to form an estimate or evaluation of; especially : to form a negative opinion about <shouldn't judge him because of his accent>
6 : to hold as an opinion : GUESS, THINK <I judge she knew what she was doing>
intransitive senses
1 : to form an opinion
2 : to decide as a judge

Back
Top Bottom